• Published 22nd Oct 2016
  • 2,726 Views, 84 Comments

Equestria Girls: The Spectrum War - Time Agent pony



After discovering some mysterious rings the Mane Seven at CHS are propelled into an adventure with some new friends and new foes

  • ...
5
 84
 2,726

Chapter 2

Next day at CHS.

"Me and Sunset have been looking over the symbols on the rings we found last night," Twilight said, as she and the others sat in the cafeteria.

"And they don't match anything in any history book in the school's liberty," Sunset finished.

"So those rings came from outer space," Rainbow Dash suggested.

"Lets not jump to conclusions yet, Rainbow," Twilight sceptically replied.

"They fell out of the sky, what more proof do you need?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"Regardless, they do make fabulous accessories," interrupted Rarity, slipping the indigo ring onto her finger and looking at it.

"They could be part of some secret government project," Sunset answered.

"I have another test we could try," added Twilight, "After school I'm going to give the rings a controlled electric shock and see if that has any effect on them."

"I'll help you with that," nodded Sunset, the others all nodded too.


Twilight's house, after school.

The others all met at Twilight's miniature lab in her garage, "OK, everything's ready," Sunset nodded, once everything was set for the test.

"Stand back. I don't know what will happen," Twilight said, she and the others put on eye protection.

Without wasting another minute Twilight signalled to Sunset and she activated the electrical charge.

As the electrical charge got stronger the rings began to shine brightly.

"Ooo, pretty," Pinkie said, totally in awe.

"Hmm," Twilight said, looking closely at the rings, "it looks as though we've successfully turn them on, whatever they are, let's shut off the electricity."

Sunset turned off the electricity, the rings kept glowing brighter, "I said turn it off!" Twilight cried.

"I did!" Sunset cried back.

Suddenly the rings released a huge surged energy blasting the girls back.

The green, blue, indigo and pink rings rocketed towards four of the girls, while the yellow, red and orange rings rocketed into the sky and out of sight.

'Applejack of Earth' a voice that seemed to come from one of the rings spoke, 'you have the ability to overcome great fear, welcome to the Green Lantern Corps.'

'Rainbow Dash of Earth, you have the ability to install great hope, welcome to the Blue Lantern Corps.'

'Rarity of Earth, you have the ability to feel great compassion, welcome to the Indigo Tribe.'

'Fluttershy of Earth, you have great love in your heart, welcome to the Star Sapphires.'

With that the rings placed themselves onto Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Rarity and Fluttershy's fingers and in a flash the four were put into the outfit of the respected corps.

"This is awesome!" Rainbow Dash cried, she seemed to get the hang of the blue ring quickly flying out of Twilight's garage and zipping around.

Whereas Applejack, Fluttershy and Rarity were still surprised and stocked by what had happened to them.

"What in tarnation" Applejack said, noticing that she and the other three were glowing and floating, "what happened to us!?"

"More importantly" Rarity added, noticing hers, Applejack, Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy outfits, "what are we wearing?!"

"You seem to be emitting some kind of energy," Twilight said.

"I wonder were the other three rings went," Sunset added.

"Eh, who knows" Rainbow Dash shrugged, as she landed back inside the garage.


Crystal Prep Academy.

Principal Cinch was in her office finishing my some student reports, "if only I had the power that Twilight had" she said, to herself.

"If only I had the power to take revenge on her, her friends and Canterlot High for humiliating Crystal Prep," she said, angrily.

Suddenly the yellow ring flow into her office, "What's this?" Cinch wondered.

The ring quickly slid onto her finger, 'Principal Abacus Cinch of Earth, you have the ability to install great fear, welcome to the Sinestro Corps.'

In a flash of yellow Principal Cinch donned the uniform of a yellow lantern, "Yes, now this is power," she laughed, feeling the ring's power flow though her.


Elsewhere inside an unnamed dinner.

"This is great, just great," Adagio Dazzle, the leader of the sirens grumbled, as she and the other two sirens fed off the negative emotions of the people around them.

"Really?" asked Sonata Dusk, the third siren "because I think that our situation can't get any worse."

"I really hate you, Sonata" scowled Aria Blaze, the second siren.

The three finished their feeding and exited the dinner.

"If it wasn't for those girls and their friendship," Adagio growled, "we would be adored by everyone in this world."

Before Adagio could continue, the red ring appear in front of the three.

'Adagio Dazzle, Aria Blaze and Sonata Dusk of Earth, there is great rage in your hearts, you belong to the red lantern corps.'

Two more red rings spawned from the first and all three slotted themselves onto the girl's fingers and in a flash all three donned the uniforms of a red lantern.

"Time to pay, Rainbooms," Adagio smilied, as she and the rest of the Dazzlings took to the sky.


Lastly.

"Those Rainbooms always stealing me and my band's thunder," Trixie said, crossly as she walked home from school.

"If it wasn't for them I would hear people cheering my name and ask me for my autograph," she fumed, "I would be the centre of attention."

Just then the orange ring landed in front of Trixie.

'Trixie Lulamoon of Earth, you want it all,'

The ring placed itself on Trixie's finger and she donned the uniform of an orange lantern, "I want everything you have, Rainbooms," Trixie smirked, "and more."


Far out in space.

A figure also dressed in a green lantern uniform and carrying a green coloured lantern, recovered from the shock of the red, orange and yellow rings finding bearers and being pulled into a different universe.

"It's happening," he said, his own ring glowing brightly, "I just hope the others made it though."

"As long as he didn't follow us we'll all be safe," he finished.


The next day at CHS.

"Can you believe what happened to us last night?" Rainbow Dash said, as she and the girls entered the school, wearing their usual clothes but still wearing their rings, "we turned into superheroes!"

"It certainly was a strange event last night," Rarity replied.

"Yes those rings said they chose you for some sort of corps," agreed Sunset.

"And the energy coming off you is like nothing I've ever seen," Twilight added, "I'm not even sure its magic."

"If it's not magic, then what is it?" asked Applejack.

"Who cares what it is," Rainbow Dash interrupted, "it makes me more then 20% cooler, I can't wait to see what else my ring can do."

"We still don't know where the other rings flew off to," reminded Sunset, as the bell for lessons rang.


Crystal Prep.

Principle Cinch floated into her office and used her ring to summon up a throne-like chair, she had also worked out how to use her ring, "Once the whole school is under my control I will...." she started, before her throne disappeared causing her to fall on her face.

"My ring! what happened?" growled Cinch.

"I did," answered a voice.

Cinch turned to see a strange man, wearing a ring like hers, a yellow outfit and carrying a yellow lantern, striding into her office.

"From what I can tell, you certainly thrive on installing fear in the students here," the stranger continued, "but as long as your wearing that ring on you finger I'll be the one giving the orders."

"Nobody tell me what to do!" Cinch growled, she fired a blast from her ring at the stranger.

He simply blocked with his own ring with a shield construct.

Cinch leaped at the stranger summoning up a club construct and tried to break his shields.

"I'm not impressed," the stranger said, as he single handedly blocked Cinch's attacks and knocking her back.

"Who are you?" Cinch asked,

"I am Sinestro, I am the leader of the Sinestro corps," the stranger replied, introducing himself, "I am the one responsible for the ring you wear."

Cinch prepared to attack again, but Sinestro put up his hand, "We can ether continue this pointless charade, but soon you must realise that the newfound power coursing through you is but a fraction of my own abilities."

"You know where this ring came from?" Cinch asked.

"Indeed, they come from somewhere very far from here," replied Sinestro, "from what my ring can tell me" he continued, "it appears I've been pulled into another universe where my and the other lantern corps never existed." "No doubt thanks to Ganthet using the Last Light, I should remember to thank him once I hunt him down."

"I have no idea what you're talking about" Cinch replied, "all that matters to me is that I finally have the power to take revenge on my former prize student and her friends for humiliating my school I will make them remember what fear taste like!"

"Spoken like a true daughter of the Sinestro corps," Sinestro smilied, "but you think too small, why create order in school when you could role the world with fear?"

"Yes! First CHS, then the world!," Cinch agreed.

"I think you and I have a lot in common," smiled Sinestro.


Elsewhere.

"Rainbooms, we're coming for you" Adagio smirked, as she and the other two Dazzlings flew through the city.

"A group of useless worms? You think too small" a voice spoke.

The Dazzlings didn't have time to react, before they were hit by a beam of red energy knocking them out of the air.

"With your dying breaths you will tell me how you acquired those rings" the figure responsible for the blast continued, he was wearing a red uniform, a ring and carrying a red lantern.

He summoned up a giant hand construct to grab the Dazzlings and pin them to a wall, his companion a cat, also wearing a uniform and a ring, stood on his shoulder.

"These ring chose us!" Adagio replied, she and the rest of the Dazzlings fired a blast from their rings at the stranger.

"Ha!" the stranger laughed, as the blast bounced off him, "you think you three worms can harm Atrocitus? The greatest of the Red Lanterns!"

The Dazzlings fired on Artocitus again, "your combined rage is nothing compared to mine!" Atrocitus responded, the blast bouncing off him again.

"I am in the middle of a fight for the fate of the universe and then me and Dex-starr find ourselves suddenly stranded on this obsolete earth," he continued, "I want answers!"

"We don't know what you just said," Aria replied.

"But maybe we can come to an agreement that benefits all of us," Adagio smiled.

"Yeah, could be fun" Sonata agreed, stroking Dex-starr.

"I'm listening..." Atrocitus smiled.


Canterlot High.

Trixie walked into the gym, she waited for her band members.

"Soon it will be all mine" she laughed, feeling the power of her ring flow through her.

Just then, the member of Trixie's band, the Illusions, entered the gym.

"What's this about, Trixie?" asked Lavender Lace.

"Yeah, why'd you want to see us?" added Fuchsia Blush.

Trixie smiled, before the two could react she hit them with a blast of orange energy, knocking them out, orange constructs of the two rose from the knocked out girls.

"We await your command" the constructs said.

"Excellent," Trixie said, satisfied "the first recruits for my takeover."

"Takeover? As in taking things that aren't yours," said a voice from behind her.

Trixie turned to see a strange figure, wearing an orange uniform, ring and clutching an orange lantern, standing behind her, he had seemingly appeared from nowhere.

"I like the way you think, human," the figure continued, "but your plans will be useless if you don't have one of these" he pointed to the orange lantern.

Trixie could feel the power from the lantern begging her to take it, she reached out to grab the lantern.

"That little stunt a few minutes ago was impressive so I'm not going to kill you yet" the stranger said, grabbing Trixie, with his ring and holding her down.

"but you need to know is Larfleeze is in charge," he continued.

"Attack! Get him!" Trixie commanded her construct band members.

They didn't move, "You mean your orange light constructs?" Larfleeze smiled, "sorry, but anything of orange light answers to me."

"Now, Trixie?" he continued, "back to what you said about a takeover, is there anything your enemies have that I would want?"


In the cafeteria.

"Who wants the last cupcake?" Pinkie Pie asked.

"You have it, dear," Rarity said, floating it over with her ring.

"Thanks" replied Pinkie, "I gotta say Rarity, you seem a lot more happier now that you're so colourful."

"Maybe it's because I feel compassionate at the moment" Rarity smiled.

"Yeah, these rings are so awesome" Rainbow Dash agreed.

"I don't know," Applejack said, "I get the feelin' this is bigger than all of us."

They all looked at their rings in silence.