• Published 27th Jun 2012
  • 2,997 Views, 67 Comments

Love is Magic - Lux



Can Twilight Sparkle find the love of her life?

  • ...
8
 67
 2,997

A Weird Tour

Chapter 4 – A Weird Tour

The stay at the hospital lasted for a few days, but it felt like several weeks for Mystic!

There was absolutely nothing to do much of the time in his room other than stare at the white wall in front of him. Thankfully there was a window in my room so he could see Ponyville. There he could watch as the ponies went about their daily activities. He smiled as a few foals played with a ball, watched as two ponies had a conversation, and was amazed at two Pegasus ponies racing each other through the sky. Yet the more he watched, the more he longed to get out of the hospital.

Luckily, Twilight Sparkle was also there to help maintain his sanity in the hospital. The unicorn remembered when Rainbow Dash was in the hospital and how she was going practically insane due to the boredom. She always arrived with a smile on her face and a few books in her saddlebags. The two unicorns would spend hours talking, well mostly Twilight talking about a new book she read, or a new spell she learned, or some encounter with one or several of her friends. Mystic just sat and listened, nodding in understanding. To him, Twilight’s voice had a soothing quality. It was like when she was there, he felt better and more at ease being in the hospital.

One day while Twilight was mentioning her friends, Mystic had a thought.

“Twilight.”

“Yes, Mystic?”

“You talk a lot about your friends you have. How come you haven’t brought them over to meet me yet?”

“Oh… um… well it may be a little awkward to introduce them to you as well we just met,” Twilight said as she stared awkwardly at the floor. Mystic couldn’t figure out why meeting her friends was such as big deal, but Twilight changed the subject to a new book she read. There was something she was hiding, some reason why she wanted to keep her meeting Mystic a secret, but the unicorn couldn’t put his hoof on it.

Finally after two days, Mystic was released from the hospital. Twilight decided that since he was new she was going to take the unicorn around town and ultimately to her house. From the moment the two left the hospital she started acting strange. Instead of walking besides Mystic like any two ponies who remotely knew each other would, she walked in front of him. She also was looking around the area as if she was expecting to be seeing somepony.

As we continued our journey, Twilight seemed to be moving faster, her pace going from a leisurely walk to a fast trot. What was she afraid of? Obviously she was worried about being seen around him, but Mystic couldn’t figure out why she’d be worried being around him, a new pony. Surely she had talked to new ponies before. He wondered if it was due to these friends she had.

Suddenly Twilight let out a gasp as if she saw a ghost. “Quickly Mystic, hide,” Twilight said. “What,” he replied surprised at what she said. Before she could explain, the unicorn felt himself being picked up by a force and tossed into the nearby bushes. Mystic was amazed that her power was quite strong to pick up and throw a stallion. From his spot in the bushes, he could see a very strange pink earth pony approach Twilight.

“Hiya Twilight,” the bouncy pink pony said, “Whatcha doin?”

“Oh, hello Pinkie,” Twilight said a little nervously, “I was … going back to the library.”

“Are you sure,” Pinkie said with a confused look on her face, “you sound confused.”

“Pinkie, the library is my home. I should know if I’m going there if I say it.”

Pinkie stood there as if trying to analyze Twilight’s brain to see if she was telling the truth. Then her focused look turned back to her usual smiling self.

“Okie dokie lokie! I’ll be seeing you later then. Mr. and Mrs. Cake need me to get several cupcakes made, so I’ll be there if you need me.”

With that Pinkie bouncy walked her way down the road before disappearing in the crowd. Twilight then wiped her head with a hoof in relief before walking towards the bushes where he was hiding.

“Sorry about that. Are you ok?”

“Yeah,” Mystic said, “I’ve been through worse. What was that all about tossing me into the bushes?”

“Well, Pinkie Pie, she kind of gets excited when she finds out that there’s a new pony in town. Sometimes she gets a little too excited and throws a party. I thought that you should take a little time getting used to town before enduring one of Pinkie’s parties.”

Even with the explanation, there was still something missing, something that Twilight was trying to keep hidden. It was the same reason why she was acting weirdly around him. But Mystic knew better than to call her a liar. After all, she was the only pony who was helping him so far and was giving me a place to stay. So for now he accepted what she said.

“Oh, ok. I can see she’s a little hyperactive. Maybe later I’ll get to talk to her.”

“Sure,” Twilight said, “until then, let’s get to my house. I want to help you get situated to your new home.”