• Published 27th Jun 2012
  • 2,995 Views, 67 Comments

Love is Magic - Lux



Can Twilight Sparkle find the love of her life?

  • ...
8
 67
 2,995

Friendly Advice

Chapter 8 – Friendly Advice

Mystic Study stood outside the library tree home, looking around the area. The streets were bustling with ponies, some conversing and some walking from one place to the next. Immediately the unicorn stallion felt lost. It was a different feeling from getting lost in the woods. He felt lost in his own mind and his own heart. It was like nothing made sense and he couldn’t make a decision if his life depended on it.

Looking across the way, he saw two ponies sitting at a table outside a café. The two were sharing a milkshake and looked deeply in love with each other. Both were not talking to each other, just staring deeply into the other’s eyes. It was like they were reading each other’s hearts like a book. Mystic felt uncomfortable, and not just for staring at these two ponies. There was something else there, a feeling of longing and regret. It was like that he was seeing his idea life but not having it just yet.

It was then Mystic saw a unicorn mare walking up to him. She was very beautiful with her snowy white pelt and her styled purple mane and tail.

“Oh hello there,” Rarity said to the male unicorn, “I take it that you have just left this building. By any chance do you know is a unicorn named Twilight Sparkle in there? She’s my friend and I was going to meet her to see if she would be interested in having tea with me.”

“Well, yes she is, but I don’t think she wants to see any pony at this moment,” Mystic said.

“Whatever do you mean, darling,” Rarity said looking at the pony said with a confused look on her face.

“It’s a long story,” the stallion said.

“Oh, well perhaps it is best if we have this conversation in private. Please follow me.”

Clearly this pony knew Twilight so Mystic could trust this pony. He followed her through the crowd, trying to make sure he didn’t lose her. Finally they arrived at a tall circular building that was adorned with horses at the top.

“Welcome to my humble abode and shop, the Carousel Boutique,” Rarity said proudly, “please come inside.”

The stallion followed her in and marveled at the myriad of dresses that were around the store.

“So, you make dresses for a living?”

“Why yes darling. I make other fashionable items too, but dresses are my specialty. But where are my manners. My name is Rarity. And what is your name?”

“I’m Mystic Study, but you can call me Mystic,” the unicorn.

“Well it’s wonderful to meet you,” Rarity said motioning Mystic to an area with very comfortable looking seats, “Now please take a seat. And would you like some tea?”

Mystic took a seat amazed at how the seats were very soft. “Um… sure. Tea would be nice.”

“Then I shall be right back then,” Rarity said as she trotted out of the room.

Mystic had to wait only a few minutes before the mare returned, levitating a tray with a tea pot, two cups and other items. She then set the tea down and poured the tea with her telekinesis.

“Now would you like and cream, sugar, or honey?”

“I’ll just have some cream and sugar,” Mystic said. With a nod the white unicorn added the other ingredients to the tea.

“Thank you, Rarity,” Mystic said as he drank a little tea.

“You’re welcome,” Rarity mentioned, “Now then, you said that you had a story to tell about Twilight. I will say that you have my full confidence that everything you say here will be confidential. I am one of her best friends after all.”

“Well, I’m a student of Princess Luna who was sent here from Canterlot to study the Elements of Harmony.”

“Oh you’re from Canterlot. What a charming city it is. And you said that Luna is your teacher. I never knew that. What is it like being Luna’s student?”

“I like being her student she’s really nice once you get to know her and she knows so much about magic.”

“Well as for your studies on the Elements of Harmony, I must say you have found one already in Twilight and I am also one of the so-called Bearers, Generosity specifically. I supposed that you would like to speak to me about that, but perhaps at a later time. You seem to have more pressing matters than your studies.”

“Well, I was on my way to meet Twilight Sparkle as Luna said she would give me a place to stay, but then a tree branch fell during the storm, right on top of me.”

“Oh you poor thing,” Rarity said, “Are you ok?”

“Yes, sort of. Anyway, Twilight visited me in the hospital and then took me back to her house. Along the way she was acting funny.”

“Funny,” Rarity said as she took a sip of her tea, “How so?”

“I don’t know. It was as if she was nervous seeing me around with her. Anyway then Twilight’s assistant, Spike started to say that the two of us were dating. Then the next day, Twilight mentions the word love in regards to magic and she turns all sad.”

Mystic then stopped to breathe before continuing, “The worst part was the fact that some other pony, Rainbow Dash, came in and upon seeing us and said we were dating. But I think what upset Twilight and myself the most was when she said that she didn’t know Twilight was into finding love.”

“She didn’t,” Rarity said with a shock.

“She did,” Mystic said, “and now Twilight’s probably crying in her house. I wanted to help her, but she preferred to be alone. I feel so bad for her, but I don’t know what to do. I don’t know why she gets so upset about things relating to love.”

Rarity thought about all that Mystic said carefully. She didn’t want to betray Twilights friendship or Mystic’s trust.

“Unfortunately, Mystic, I don’t know much about the matter that you mentioned because I wasn’t there, nor can I say too much about what I know about why she is involved with love so much. What I can say is this: Twilight is a very complex pony as you might have seen. Although she is very book smart, there are some things socially she is struggling through. Love, I assume, is one of them. When Rainbow Dash mentioned that uncouth thing about not thinking Twilight wanted love, why it’s like saying that she was incapable of it. You understand that part, right?”

“Yes, I think I do,” Mystic said, “So, what should I do?”

“I think you should be a friend to her just like I am a friend to her. You don’t really have to do much, just comfort her and help cheer her up. Do you think you can do that?”

“Yes, I think so,” the stallion said.

“Fantastic darling,” Rarity said, “now I will go talk with Twilight as well and also Rainbow Dash. She needs to learn her manners when it comes to other pony’s emotions.”

“Thank you Rarity,” Mystic said, “I think I’ll go back and see how she is.”

“Very well,” Rarity said, “do feel free to come back when you want to talk about the Elements of Harmony.”

With the new advice, Mystic stepped outside and headed back to the tree, hoping that he could help Twilight.