• Published 27th Jun 2012
  • 2,995 Views, 67 Comments

Love is Magic - Lux



Can Twilight Sparkle find the love of her life?

  • ...
8
 67
 2,995

Revelation

Chapter 13 – Revelation

It was evening when Mystic and Twilight returned home after their busy day. Mystic was happy that he was able to meet three of the Elements off Harmony and learn about them. Twilight was jus happy that she was able to help Mystic and met her friends.

Yet deep inside them, the two felt a growing tension. Both could feel it the moment they met each other. They knew what it was, yet the two still couldn’t admit the truth that they had undeniable feelings towards each other.

Ever since meeting her, Mystic always held the possibility of being Twilight’s special somepony. This idea increased with each passing day that he was with her talking, laughing, and enjoying her company. This was all strengthened by the words of Twilight’s friends who encouraged him to be her soul mate and offered their advice on how to do so. “Be honest, be kind, and be generous.” These words echoed in his mind as he looked over at her from across the table.

Twilight was also conflicted. She knew she wanted a special somepony, enough to cast a spell to find one. She wondered if Mystic was this pony she was looking for. He certainly had the qualities she wanted in a mate. Still there was that skepticism that he was truly the one. What recently shocked her was that Rarity insightfully told Twilight how she looked when with Mystic.

“Oh, Mystic,” Twilight said as something else surfaced in her mind, “I have something to tell you.”

“Really,” Mystic said, “What?”

He braced himself for what Twilight was about to say. He pictured the mare declaring his love for him and saying how she wanted to be his special somepony.

“I think I have a way to get your magic ability back.”

Mystic’s felt like a balloon deflating. Twilight was still not recognizing her feelings towards him, opting to mention his magic problem. Mystic still had the issue of his Magical Amnesia in his thoughts, but lately that was pushed aside when thinking about meeting the Elements of Harmony and his feelings towards her.

“Oh, really? How?”

“Well I learned a spell that could restore a pony’s memories. It was a long story about how I found this spell, but let’s just say that I had to help some friends remember who they were. But I think I can use it on you to get back your memory. Do you want to try?”

“Um… sure,” Mystic said.

“Great, ok now hold still when I do this.”

Twilight’s horn glowed as she leaned forward. As she lightly touched his horn with hers, Mystic felt like nothing was happening. Suddenly his horn suddenly activated with a blue aura The two were unable to pull themselves apart as it felt like there was something holding them together.

“Twilight, what’s happening?”

“I don’t know. This has never happened before.”

The two watched in awe as their individual auras danced and circled each other like two snakes dueling. For a brief moment the two unicorns could read the other’s mind.

“Is he the one that I’m looking for? Is he my soul mate,” Mystic heard Twilight’s mind say, “I wish I could just tell him how I feel.”

“She’s an amazing pony, and I really want to be her special somepony,” Twilight heard Mystic’s mind echo, “I wish that she would just give me a chance, give love a chance.”

Suddenly the two energies merged into each other and then exploded into a ball of white light. The blast separated the two unicorns, causing them to fly through the air. Both had their flight halted when they slammed into bookshelves at the opposite ends of the room, causing an avalanche of books to fall on them.

Mystic was the first to recover shaking off a few books before trying to stand.

“Ugh! What happened? Twilight?”

The stallion looked around to see where she was. He then noticed the pile of books on the other side of the room and galloped over. He began to frantically pull off the books with his magic. At the bottom of the pile, Twilight was unconscious.

“Twilight, speak to me! Oh I can’t bear to see you hurt after trying to help me. Not when you mean so much to me.”

Mystic didn’t care about keeping his secret any more. All he cared about was Twilight being ok. He then heard a groan and looked down.

“Mystic? Is that you,” Twilight said.

“Twilight, are you ok?”

“Yeah, I think so,” she said, “Did you… really mean that about me? That you cared for me?”

“Of course I do,” Mystic said as he helped her up, “Ever since I met you I did. I guess I was a little shy telling you that.”

“Mystic, when that thing happened with our magic I saw some things in your mind. Did you see things, too about me?”

“Yes, about how you liked me. Why didn’t you tell me you felt that way about me?”

“I guess I was a little shy, too. I realized that while I had many things going in my life, I didn’t have a special somepony to love me. I even kind of cast a spell to help find one.”

“Wait a minute,” Mystic said in surprise, “I was looking for a special somepony, and I cast a spell too like that.”

“I guess we found each other then,” Twilight said pondering the odd coincidence of two spells being cast like that, “Anyway, I was unsure if you were the right pony for me. It wasn’t about you though. You’re nice and smart and caring. It was just I didn’t know if you would like me enough to be your special somepony since I’m a little socially awkward.”

“Twilight,” Mystic said coming closer to her, “I’m sorry that I didn’t tell you how I felt, or if I made you believe that you were not good for me. You’re also smart, caring, and kind. And…. I love you.”

“What,” Twilight said as if her brain couldn’t register what he was saying.

“I love you Twilight, and I want to be there for you. Do you… want to be my special somepony?”

Twilight saw Mystic standing there with a look of pure love in his eyes. She felt like her heart was melting as she heard him confess that he wanted to be her soul mate.

“Oh Mystic,” Twilight said as she hugged him, tears of joy streaming down her face. “Of course I’ll be your special somepony!”

The two embraced each other for what felt like an eternity, almost as if they were afraid to let go as they would somehow be torn apart.

“Sheesh,” Spike said to the newly formed couple, “go love each other somewhere else.”

Twilight gave a sneer at the baby dragon over the shoulder of Mystic. Mystic could only smile at the fact that he was finally able to get the courage to say what he wanted to say to her. That night the two ponies in their separate beds dreamed the same dream of the two doing everything together and always with love on the mind. As they dreamed, a smile ran across their face at their confession to each other and the promise of a bright future.