• Published 27th Jun 2012
  • 2,982 Views, 67 Comments

Love is Magic - Lux



Can Twilight Sparkle find the love of her life?

  • ...
8
 67
 2,982

Date Night

Chapter 17 – Date Night

The task of sending the letter and receiving the message back from Princess Luna was now over. Both Twilight and Mystic felt like everything was going perfectly their way. There was a little nervous feeling between the two, like some impending disaster was going to interrupt this blissfulness or worse force the two apart. Yet both tried to ignore these feelings, taking the love that they had as the glue that would keep them together no matter what.

“Well, with that taken care of,” Twilight said with a smile, “how about we go to the market? It’ll be a great chance for you to get to know the town more.”

“Sounds like a plan,” Mystic replied as the two left the library and into town.

The marketplace in Ponyville was booming with business and ponies. Immediately when Mystic arrived he was washed in a sea of sights, sounds and smells. There were over a dozen or so stalls selling everything from fresh produce to prepared food to even things like jewelry and other items. Many ponies were in the area conversing, selling, and buying things. They were all really friendly, introducing themselves to the stallion whom most had not seen before.

Twilight would introduce Mystic to the ponies she knew from her tears in town, always adding lovingly that he was “my special somepony.” The mares would always coo with delight at the news of the couple, offering their congratulations. The stallions, to a lesser extent, would congratulate Mystic usually with a hoof shake or a pat on the back. Although Mystic wasn’t used to the sudden outpouring of attention, he just smiled and let Twilight introduce him. This was as much of a celebration for her than for Mystic. It was like their début as a couple, and Twilight was happy to reveal to the world that she had found a special somepony.

The two milled about the market, sampling some treats at the stands and looking at the wares. Mystic noticed that Twilight was becoming increasingly preoccupied, looking about the market as if she was looking for a particular pony.

“What’s wrong, Twilight?”

“Oh, nothing’s wrong. It’s just that I haven’t seen any of my friends in town. I usually see at least one of them.”

“Maybe they’re busy.”

“Maybe. I just wanted to let them know the good news that you’re my special somepony. I know that Pinkie pie and Rainbow dash do, but the others don’t.”

“Actually, I think they do.”

“Really? How?”

“I have to confess that when you were taking me around town to show me your friends, each of them told me how much they saw I loved you and you loved me. So I think they kind of knew already.”

“You don’t think they’re out planning anything, do you?”

“What, like they’re secretly plotting some kind of special somepony party,” Mystic said laughing.

“Yeah, I guess that would be silly,” Twilight said as the two left the marketplace toward their home.

The two unicorns had planned for the evening to be a nice relaxing time after a fun filed day at the market. Just when the two were settling into the calm, the two heard a knock on the door.

“I wonder who that could be,” Twilight said as she answered the door. Opening it she saw Pinkie Pie standing there with a worried look on her face. The purple mare knew something was happening when Pinkie wasn’t her usually smiling self.

“Pinkie Pie? What’s wrong?”

“I cant’s find the Cake twins anywhere. I was foalsitting them today and I had my back turned to make them dinner, and when I turned around they were gone!”

“Were any of the doors or windows open?”

“No, and that’s the weird part. Oh, Twilight I really need your help.”

“Ok Pinkie. Come on Mystic, let’s help Pinkie out.”

“The two galloped towards Sugarcube corner, Pinkie in the lead followed by Twilight and then Mystic trailing behind. Suddenly, the stallion was grabbed from behind and pulled off to the side.

“Hey what the big idea,” he said looking for his assailant. He then saw Applejack standing there with a smile on her face.

“Sorry there pardner. Ah’ had to git yer attention. Anyway, Rarity gave me this. She apologized fer not getting’ the measurements just right, but she said that she had to eyeball things since she did measure you.”

The orange mare then produced a suit for the stallion to Mystic’s surprise.

“Oh wow, that’s really nice,” Mystic said, “but what’s the occasion?”

“Why you want to look nice fer yer date might, don’t you,” Applejack said with a smile.

A few minutes later, Mystic was ushered by Applejack to the front of Sugarcube Corner, dressed in his new finest ware. He was a little nervous at what to expect for this date night and he wondered how Twilight might react. The door then opened to the shop and Twilight stepped out dressed in a beautiful blue dress with white gems that shined in the moonlight.

“Wow Twilight … you look… beautiful.”

“Thatks Mystic,” Twilight said blushing, “You look handsome yourself. Thanks Rarity.”

“Oh, you’re quite welcome you two,” Rarity said as she stepped out of the bakery behind Twilight.

“Alright you two,” Pinkie Pie said, “follow me!”

The two followed the pink pony around the back of the building. There was a beautifully decorated table for two surrounded by beautiful lanterns. Fluttershy was standing with a baton in her mouth conducting her bird choir as it played a beautiful serenade.

“Looks like your friends were planning something after all,” Mystic said as he helped Twilight to her seat.

“Looks like they did,” Twilight said with a smile, “but they’re so wonderful.”

“Alright you two,” Applejack said pushing a cart full of exotic looking salads, “dinner is served! Ah’ll be back to give ya’ll the desserts.”

As the two unicorns talked while having a wonderful romantic dinner, the five friends watched in delight from a distance.

“I got to admit those two are cute together,” Rainbow Dash said.

“Oh, I love that they’re so happy,” Fluttershy remarked.

“How about we give the couple some privacy,” Rarity said as she motioned for the others to go into the Sugarcube Corner.

The night was filled with great food, a wonderful scenery, and most importantly the love of friends and the love between Twilight and Mystic.