• Published 1st Oct 2016
  • 1,671 Views, 53 Comments

Rainbow's Dark Origins 2 - Orangeblossom1212



Rainbow Dash and Soarin are now happily married, and with a rapidly growing Cloud Chaser things get bumpy. Rainbow Dash is now making anew wi her father, and her powers are at an all time high, but will they give clues to the past? And what happened?

  • ...
0
 53
 1,671

A Days Antics

Rainbow dash scooped cloud chaser up into her chest and held him tightly.

"Cloud Chaser? Cloud! Are you okay," Rainbow Dash panicked.

Cloud Chaser simply blinked in response.

Soarin laughed, "Cloud Chaser, buddy, are you okay?"

"This isn't funny Soarin," Rainbow Dash snapped angrily.

"M-ma-mama the door moves in the way," Cloud Chaser wailed.

"Aaawwwhh honey, it's okay, look, how about we go downstairs and get some breakfast," Rainbow Dash asked.

"Panny-cake?" Cloud Chaser asked excitedly.

"What ever you want, buddie," Soarin coded leaning in to give him a nuzzle.

Cloud Chaser giggled, "Yay! I's so happy,! I's so happy! Cloud Chaser chanted as Rainbow Dash hoofed off Cloud Chaser to Soarin.

They began to make their way over to exit the door and head downstairs for breakfast.

"You coming Rainbow," Soarin asked.

"Oh, um, yeah, I'll be there in a minute," Rainbow Dash responded.

"Rainbow, are you okay? Your starting to worry me," Soarin asked turning back from the doorway.

"What? Why would I worry you," Rainbow Dash asked casually.

"Well, it's just that you've been acting weird lately and you've been getting a lot of night mares."

"I though you still didn't know about the night- I mean-"

"Rainbow! Of course I notice! I was just worried that springing questions on you would push you past your limit! Especially if they're about your past. I just wanted to give you a little space. I honestly thought they would just blow over but it seems to me like they're getting worse. Maybe I could set you up with an appointment with a therapist," Soarin said ignoring Cloud Chasers endless chants.

"What?!?! No! I'm fine!"

"Rainbow Dash, who do you think your fooling? Something's wrong. I won't push you. At least for now, but if this progresses I'm going to have to figure out a way to get you help, wether you like it or not, and that's final, Okay?" Soarin asked sternly, his voice filled with more worry than anger.

"Look Soarin, I'm fine See? Just, why don't you go down stairs and start breakfast. I'll be down in a minute. I just need some time to wake up."

Soarin sighed in defeat, "okay."

Rainbow Dash trotted over to the window and opened it. Hopefully getting some fresh air would allow her to get some of her thoughts together.

I know that shadow, but from where? I've never seen it before but yet I know it?! And why am I just now getting these weird dreams? They're not even about Dad! I forgave him! Who is that shadow pony? Every night I'm only able to find out a little bit more out his identity before I wake up.... Something is wrong... No! I need to calm down because there's nothing I can do about it now. We all have a very busy day planned, so no matter how stressed I am I need to pull myself together. Okay, breath in, breath out. Yeah see? What was Soarin worried about? I'm fine! Rainbow Dash mentally told herself.

"MOMMY," Cloud Chaser yelled along with some other babbling Rainbow Dash wasn't able to under stand.

This was probably due to him being down stairs in the kitchen, and or having his mouth full off pancakes. After coming to the conclusion that it was probably both, Rainbow Dash snapped out of her thoughts and took a deep breath before trotting downstairs to begin today's busy day.

"Mum! da pan-sticky"! Cloud Chaser squealed flinging sirup and batter everywhere. And as guessed earlier, his mouth was literally stuffed with pancakes.

"Ugh, Cloud Chaser!" Rainbow Dash groaned, as Cloud Chaser simply ignored her and continued to fling syrup and pancakes all over the floor.

"What's wrong," Soarin asked.

Rainbow dash glanced around, "stallions just don't get it. Ugh, I'm going to have to clean this up later," Rainbow Dash muttered to herself in annoyance, and give Cloud Chaser another bath.

"Rainbow Dash is something wrong," Soarin asked cluelessly.

Then suddenly as if things weren't already bad a half cooked sticky pancake fell onto Soarin's head.

"Oh that's where my pancake went!"

Rainbow Dash simply shook her head and face hoofed as Soarin sat there with a goofy grin plastered on his face like a total idiot.

"Okay, why don't you go upstairs and give Cloud Chaser, and yourself a bath," Rainbow Dash asked while secretly hopping he would give Cloud Chaser a bath so that she could hopefully have some time to herself and get some of her thoughts together.

"Sure," Soarin responded happily as he picked up a giggling Cloud Chaser out of his high chair, and trotted upstairs.

Rainbow dash trotted over to the closet and pulled out a mop and began to clean the kitchen, after all the day has just begun.

Rainbow Dash huffed as she quickly worked at scrubbing the dried pancake batter off of the stove and floor. As if things couldn't get any worse a gooy pancake began dripping off of the ceiling right onto her head and began soaking all up into her mane. It wasn't even half cooked. It wasn't even a pancake! It was just chunks batter falling off the ceiling.

"Oh come on," Rainbow Dash yelled, tears of frustration and tiredness welling up in her eyes. "Why is this so hard? Why can't I just get some sleep and not be so stressed?! And W-why didn't I use my MAGICAL abilities in the first place!" Rainbow Dash yelled at herself, allowing many hot tears to stream down her face in frustration.

It wasn't a moment later that her mane glowed and all the cleaning supplies, the sponges, broom, mop, and buckets came to like and rapidly began cleaning the kitchen. Rainbow Dash forced herself to get up and onto her hooves. And as if things could get any better she was now stuck with a rapidly forming migraine. It now pounding her head like a bag of bricks. She sighed and turned to slowly begin her climb up the stairs. What Rainbow Dash didn't notice was a pair of emerald greed eyes watching her worriedly from the top of the stairs. She finally made it to the edge of the stair case and began to trot upstairs into what is now Cloud Chasers nursery.

Cloud Chaser may be a lot of work, but he was worth every single bit of it, Rainbow thought to herself.

Rainbow Dash smiled when she walked in and heard Cloud Chaser talking and playing.

"I's so happy! I's so happy!"

Rainbow Dash came up and pulled him up into her wing and planted a soft gentle kiss on his forehead.

"Mommy," Cloud chaser giggled happily.

. "Hi! Hi," Rainbow Dash cooed stroking Cloud Chaser's cheek. "Okay so what's on today's agenda other than Cloud's check up this afternoon," Rainbow Dash asked Soarin curious to know if she had forgotten anything.

" Well, you slept in kinda late-"

" sure doesn't feel like I slept in," Rainbow Dash muttered to herself, to quite for Soarin to hear.

"- so we only have about an hour to kill before his doctor appointment. Also your Dads therapist called, he said you were allowed to go places unattended without actual gaurds with you but you should still have some sort of escort just in case there are any.... Issues... So anyway I suggest lunch after clouds check up if that's okay with you," Soarin said with a smile.

Rainbow Dash thought for a moment and then smiled. "Sure, I don't see why not."

Rainbow Dash's head began to spin. She hoofed off Cloud Chaser to Soarin and scilently laid down on the bed, and put her hooves over her face in a feeble attempt to stop the spinning. Soarin frowned and tried to quietly hush Cloud Chaser's relentless babbling. However as always, that didn't work in the slightest. However Soarin had discovered a trick on putting Cloud Chaser to sleep. It was a trick that Rainbow Dash may have, or may have not taught him, but the point is that is worked. So Soarin rolled Cloud Chaser onto his belly and pulled him up closer in his wing. Soarin gently dipped his head down and began to preen Cloud Chaser's tiny, delicate, light baby blue colored wings as carefully as he could. This proved to be an Instant lights out for Cloudy. Soarin quietly leaned down and put Cloud Chaser in his crib and pulled his wonderbolt colored quilt over him.

Then Soarin went over and wrapt his hooves around Rainbow's middle and pulled up into his chest as he took off into a low hover.

Rainbow just whimpered in response to the movement and her aching head.

"Soarin please" Rainbow Dash muttered quietly.

Soarin, without making a sound quietly made his way into the bathroom and turned on the tap. The gentle, and what would normally be considered a soothing sound of water gently trickled down and beginning to fill the tub. Soarin gently began to lower Rainbow Dash into the warm water. It was at an instant that Rainbow's muscles began to soften and relax.

Soarin reached over and grabbed a small towel and draped it over the side of the tube before gently guiding Rainbow Dash into a laying down position with her head propped comfortably against the side of the tub.

"What's wrong Dashie," Soarin asked quietly.

"I'm just so stressed and tired right now. And to top it off, my head if filled with so many thoughts right now I feel like it's going to burst! This headache is killing me!"

"Stress? Dashie why are you so stressed," Soarin asked.

"I just- no, it doesn't matter," Rainbow Dash whimpered, "I'm just not in a good mood today."

"Yeah I noticed," came Soarin's reply.

Soarin gently slid hid hooves down her neck and onto her shoulder and gently pressed between Rainbow's wings. Raimbow Dash moaned in relief as all her mucles began to relax. Soarin continued to gently move his hooves up and around Dash's back and wings until she relaxed and fell asleep.

Rainbow Dash took a deep breath and lazily opened her eyes, now snatched from her dreamless sleeps embrace. It only took her a moment of shivering and scanning the room with her eyes for rainbow dash to jog her memory. Rainbow Dashed groaned and got out of her now freezing cold bath water. As if on cue Soarin trotted in with warm towels and wrapped them around her.

"Oh, did you come in to wake me? Is it time to go to Cloud Chasers appointment yet?" Rainbow Dash asked while yawning and snuggling up into her warm towels.

"We still have about, oh, another thirty minutes or so before we have to go. As for your second question, no. I was watching you through the door waiting for you to wake up."

"Wow, 'cause that's not creepy at all, Soarin," Rainbow Dash retorted as Soarin simply grinned like an idiot.

"Wait! How long did you say we had before we had to go to Cloud Chasers Appointment?"

" I said we had to leave in about thirty minutes," Soarin repeated.

"Wait! So, I was only asleep for less than ten minutes," Rainbow Dash asked in shock. "We had only an hour! And that was before breakfast and all the cleaning in the kitchen and-"

Soarin gently placed his hoof over Rainbow Dash's muzzle to scilence her.

"It's okay, relax. I moved Cloud Chaser's appointment to 4:30 so you could sleep."

"B-but what about Dad? You said you told him that we'd meet him for lunch," Rainbow Dash panicked.

"Already done," Soarin said with a smirk.

"Done?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"Yes, I called right after I rescheduled Cloud Chaser's appointment. We're going to be meeting him tomorrow for dinner instead, Soarin said triumphantly. We have a little over leave in thirty minutes before we have to get ready to leave for Cloud Chasers appointment, so don't worry! I took care of everything so you have plenty of time to get ready at the leisurely pace that you see fit!"

" Oh really," Rainbow Dash asked excitedly. "You even packed Cloud Chasers diaper bag?"

"Ye-I mean! Yeah of course! It would take only and idiot to forget something as obvious as that, right?" Soarin said nervously.

Rainbow Dash shook her head and rolled her eyes playfully. "You forgot didn't you," Rainbow Dash giggled.

"Yes..."


Rainbow Dash and Soarin split ways right after entering the local Cloudsdale Pediatricians office. Soarin to the chairs with Cloud Chaser and Rainbow Dash up to the desk to check Cloud Chaser in. Upon approaching the desk window Rainbow Dash noticed that the nurse wasn't there.

Rainbow Dash muttered in annoyance as she let her eyes drift around the room. The room was chilly and smelled like hoofsanitizer and other cleaners. Other than that it was just a simple large white room filled with chairs. Well, that and a few foals toys of course, something rainbow wanted to avoid if possible. These toys are constantly being touched by sick foals so it obviously wasn't a good idea to risk Cloud Chasers health over, after all he has plenty of toys of his own at home. The only tricky part to this was keeping a very curious cloud chaser away from them.

"Miss!" A rude voice snapped Rainbow Dash turned her attention to the mare behind the desk who had finally returned.

"Oh, I'm sorry, I just-"

"I don't care! Just tell me who your sighting in!" A very rude voice snapped.

"I'm here for Cloud Chasers appointment"

The nurse rolled her eyes and put a new file together with Cld Chaser's name on it. Then she roughly shoved a clipboard into Rainbow Dash's face.

"Fill this out and return it to me when your done," the mare behind the counter snapped as she put her hooves up on the desk and snootily stuck her face in a magazine. Rainbow Dash sighed and picked up a pen off the counter, gripping it tightly in her teeth she began to fill out the form;

name: Cloud Chaser
Phone number/s : 123-456-7890
Address: 123 Snow Drive, Cloudsdale Equestria
Zipe-code: 00Equestria
Legal guardians signature:
Rainbow Ariel Dashery/
.........................................

Ect.
Rainbow Dash grimly trotted over to Soarin who was already struggling with an impatient Cloud Chaser

"I need you to sign here," Rainbow Dash said pointing to the dotted line.

Soarin pulled a rapidly flailing Cloud Chaser into his lap and grabbed the pen with his mouth He then quickly scribbled his name on the dotted line. It was only a moment later that Rainbow Dash returned to the desk. The mare didn't even notice her so she impatiently slammed the clipboard down in front of her. The mare jumped up startled

"I'm done filling out all the forms," Rainbow Dash spat angrily.

The mare glanced down, "eh, I'll get to it once I get to it," came the mares reply.

"You know, for some pony who works In a foals clinic you really should-" Rainbow Dash was cut off by the mare slamming the window in her face.

Rainbow Dash growled angrily. That mare was lucky that there were foals around. If there weren't so many foals here Rainbow Dash would have shredded this mare to pieces.

It would be a good hour and forty five minutes before they would be called to see the nurse.


"Cloud Chaser? "A friendly looking nurse called as she opened the door.

"Yup, that's us," Soarin called getting the mares attention.

Both Soarin and Rainbow Dash quickly gathered all of cloud chasers things.

Soarin and Rainbow Dash trotted up and began to follow the mare down a long white hallway before taking a right turn into a small open room with a scale And other medical tools.

"Okay," the nurse began, "my name is nurse Tiger Lilly, and he's just here for a physical and a flu shot? is this correct," she asked.

"Yes, that is correct," both Soarin and Rainbow Dash said at the same time.

"Jinks," Rainbow Dash called, "I win!"

Soarin simply rolled his eyes helplessly.

"Aaawwwhhhh," Nurse Tiger Lilly cooed. "You two are so cute! Anyway, let's begin, shall we?"

Soarin carefully hoofed Cloud Chaser over to nurse Tiger Lilly.

"I's so happy! I's so happy, "Cloud Chaser yelled happily at the top of his lungs.

"Oh, I know you are," nurse Tiger Lilly cooed as she sat Cloud Chaser on the scale.

"Ok, weight good! Temperature, good, ears clean. His wings look healthy and strong. Yup, he's perfect," concluded nurse Tiger Lilly.

"Yyyaaaa mum a! I SO SO SO HAPPY!, "Cloud Chaser squealed as they were guided to a room, even though he had absolutely no idea what was going on.

Now all they had to do was wait for the doctor to came and give Cloud Chaser his shot. The room wasn't much different from the rest of the hospital. Everything was white and simple, the only difference was the patent table where the patients sat and a small window behind it.

"I's So happy! I's so happy, Mommy! I So happy," Cloud Chaser continued to carry on.

The doctor walked in and smiled, "hello there," she said.

"Hi! I is SO happy," Cloud Chaser giggled.

"Oh, I can tell cutie! Now let's get this shot over with so you can get right back to you happy little self. Okay, can you turn him towards you?" The Doc. Asked.

Rainbow Dash nodded turning Cloud Chaser so that he was looking at her. Cloud Chaser was still oblivious to the whole thing and just mindlessly started playing with Rainbow Dash's hair.

Rainbow dash just played with him and bopped him on the nose. Rainbow Dash glanced up and moved her hoof so that the doctor could reach Cloud Chaser and clean the area that could one day have a cutie mark with a Cotten ball.

"Ok, sweetie let's make this quick," she said picking up the needle.

She quickly pushed the needle into the side of Cloud Chaser's flank, gave him the Medicine, and pulled it straight out in two seconds flat.

"Wwwehhhaaaaaaa, wwwwwwwweeeeehhhhhhaaaaahhhhhaaaaaa," Cloud Chser sobbed.

"Oh, honey it's okay," Rainbow Dash cooed hugging him tightly, and stroking his mane.

"M-mo-mommy! I's SAD!" Cloud Chaser sobbed into Rainbow's chest.

"Aaawwwhh honey you did good! You're all done! See?"

"That's right buddy! Come on, you're fine, who's the toughest little stallion I know," Soarin said ruffling Cloud Chasers mulit-colored mane.



"Oh, so sad. The stupid little shit got a shot. To bad that I DON'T CARE! Look out Rainbow Dash! Because I'm coming! Soon you will know how it feels to have the one pony you truly love stolen away from you!"

A mysterious unknown pony glaring through the window spat.

Author's Note:

Hey everypony! So yeah, I know this chapter kinda sucked, but well, just let me know you think. I know the grammar sucks! I have two editors, but this right here is all me so if you don't like it, blame me. I'm sorry, but I just haven't been in a writing mood lately, so when I started I wanted to get this to you ASAP! So I didn't have time to contact my editors. I will do it it promise. I'll let them re-edit this chapter if needed. I was talking with Phenix recently and he asked me about this chapter, first off I would like to say I'm SO sorry this is late! I've just been really busy and have been really sick the past two weeks. Anyway, I hope you all understand. I'm not really sure if I should continue this story of just cancel it.... I'll probably finish it at some point but if you all think this chapter sucks like I did then I'll probably just redo this whole chapter because I truly think its one of my worst peaces so I'm SO SORRY! I'm also sorry that I'm not good at coming up with my own original names! Please don't be mad at me! :fluttercry:

P.S. If you think you know who the mysterious pony is let me know in the comments!