• Published 1st Oct 2016
  • 1,672 Views, 53 Comments

Rainbow's Dark Origins 2 - Orangeblossom1212



Rainbow Dash and Soarin are now happily married, and with a rapidly growing Cloud Chaser things get bumpy. Rainbow Dash is now making anew wi her father, and her powers are at an all time high, but will they give clues to the past? And what happened?

  • ...
0
 53
 1,672

Memory Lane

The music began as Rainbow Dash and her father, spectrum Blaze reached the end of the aisle. Rainbow's dress was a sleek Snow White dress, that fit her perfectly. It had a rose on the shoulder sleeve and and had a light very pale blue beaded neckline. Rainbow insisted on it to add bling and clolor to the dress. Draped over the dress a very thin peace of rainbow tinted tool. Only the top was sown to the dress so that it could drape over her, giving it a free appearance as it moved slightly in the breeze . The light pale rainbow colored beads matched the dresses lining. The beads on the train were sown in a beautiful flower shaped pattern complete with a beautiful lace.

Rainbow Dash felt like the luckiest mare in the world. She felt her heart swell when her father came up and offered her his hoof. She took it and began to slowly trot down the aisle, as every pony stood up to see. Rainbow Dash was wearing the biggest possible smile on her face. She was smiling so much her face hurt. When she scanned the crowd she saw the Wonder-Bolts, Soarin's parents Fluttershy and her family, even Gilda was there. But what wasn't there was the press. Rainbow Dash and Soarin had done everything possible to make sure the public didn't hear about the wedding. They wanted this to be just them. Just Rainbow Dash and Soarin ,besides, this was their day. They made sure that the press completely forgot about Cloud Chaser, and would never know about the wedding. At least for now, Soarin didn't want Rainbow and Cloud Chaser's freedom to be taken or limited by the press.

Rainbow's eyes drifted up to the opposite end of the aisle where Soarin was standing. He was in a black and white tuxedo while waring the most handsome smile Rainbow Dash had ever seen. Finally, Rainbow and her father took the last step and reached Soarin. Then for what seemed like eternity they got lost in each other's eyes. Rainbow gazed lovingly into his beautiful, bright green, emerald eyes. While Soarin gazed into Rainbow's, beautiful, bright, magenta ones.

Finally the priest began to speak and the wedding began. Rainbow smiled at Soarin. She scanned the crowd one last time, but then out of nowhere! A small black cloud of smoke drifted above the back rows of the audience. It split in two, and floated under the chairs. One of the half's weaved it's way under and over to Rainbow Dash's father's chair. It was only a moment later when he suddenly fell forward clutching his chest and his sides in pain. Rainbow's head spun around when she heard Soarin yell out in pain, and he too collapsed to the floor.

"Soarin," Rainbow Dash screamed. She reached for him but he vanished. The room went white, and one of Rainbow Dash's worst memories began to play.


"You can't catch me!" Filly Rainbow Dash yelled as she darted past her mother and father. But now, she, once again, was a filly, not a mare!

"I'm gonna get you Dashie!" Spectrum Blaze called.

Rainbow watched as the filly version of herself cautiously peeked out of her hiding place.

"Where did she go? Did she disappear?" her mother questioned playfully.

Rainbow giggled, and the table flipped up! Rainbow’s father grabbed her and blew raspberries on her tummy. Filly Rainbow Dash burst into a fit of laughter, until she couldn't breathe. Her mother took her into her arms as her father laughed and kissed her on the head.

"We love you so much Rainbow Dash!" her mother exclaimed, hugging Rainbow tightly and lovingly.

Right then, out of the blue, Rainbow saw her mother collapsed. Spectrum Blaze acted quickly and grabbed her before she could fall, lowering to the floor gently as she clutched her side, clearly in pain.

"Crystal Rain?!? Are you alright!? We have to take you to the hospital! Rainbow heard her father say urgently.

Rainbow stood next to her mother, and her filly self. Tears streaming down her face. She watched in horror unable to move and unable to help.

"No, no I'm fine! I don't know what came over me!" Her mom said quickly, wincing as another spasm of pain shot through her body.
Rainbow Dash started to scramble over to Crystal Rain, crying as she hugged her.

"Mommy!" She sobbed.

Crystal smiled and hugged her back. "It's okay, Dashie, I'm fine, see?"

Spectrum wasn’t taking it. “No!” he shouted, before lowering his voice. “Crystal, I'm not allowing this to continue anymore! I won't let you be stubborn about this anymore! You've put if off far to long! You are going to go see a doctor whether you like it or not, and that's final!

Crystal was about to protest, but then clutched her side again. She tried to hide the pain but failed. "Ok," She said shakily. Finally for the first time in months, she gave in to her husband.

Suddenly, she started finding it hard to breathe and her body hurt more than it ever had. She couldn’t take it anymore, and yelped out in pain. Seeing her mother in pain was the worst thing that Rainbow could ever think of.

“Mommy, Mommy!” she screamed, tears running down her cheeks.

"It’s okay honey, I'm fine!" She gasped for breath.

They zipped out the front door to the hospital. Rainbow Dash tried to follow but felt her hooves frozen to the floor. No sooner than her father and the filly version of her run out the door, did a black cloud of smoke come in. It floated to the floor and landed. It solidified into a pony black as night! His mane was made of flames, and his eyes glowed a spine chilling green. He laughed at Rainbow Dash and crept closer. She tried to move but couldn't, he laughed and brought his mouth to her ear.

"you know what?" he whispered! "I killed her. I'm always watching you Rainbow, always watching," his voice echoed, quieter and quieter every time until he vanished into thin air.


"Rainbow?!"

Rainbow jumped up, "huh, w-what's-"

"Rainbow are you okay? Your starting to worry me! This is not normal, your shaking and sweating in your sleep, are you okay," Soarin asked worriedly.

"Huh, oh, yeah! Why wouldn't I be," Rainbow asked nonchalantly and she hopped off the bed.

"Well-"

"Hey is cloud up yet," Rainbow Dash asked eager to change the subject.

Cloud Chaser was two months old now, and he was becoming quite the talker. So far his favorite thing to say is "I so happy," witch was about all he would say 24/7. He was quite the chatterbox. He could however say many other things when he wanted to. Cloud chaser now was beginning to find his legs, although flying was strength. He learned how to hover after seeing Rainbow Dash do it, when he was five weeks old.

He currently was running all over the place, however he was SUPER clumsy! He would try to change directions and fall head first forward. Another thing he did often was trip over air currents. He wasn't normally ever hurt when these little 'accidents' occurred. Honestly, everypony laughed when he did this because he was so cute and funny. This was cute because every time he heard somepony laugh when he fell he would always grin and say "I is funny, I is silly, I is cute!"

"Yeah, he's up," Soarin replied with a smile.

Then, out of the blue, little hooves could be heard running as fast as they could up the stairs.

"I's comming mommy"! Cloud Chaser yelled at the top of his lungs, as he ran as fast as his little legs would carry him. Unfortunately Cloud Chaser wasn't keen on stopping and ran straight into the door at full speed.

BAMB!!!

Rainbow Dash and Soarin's head snapped towards the door, and they nearly ripped the door off its hinges.

"Cloud Chaser! Baby, are you okay," Rainbow Dash said in panic as she picked him up.

Cloud Chasers eyes were the size of dinner plates out of shock. And his face was covered in bewilderment, as he tried to process what just happened.

Author's Note:

Hi every pony! Look I know the grammars not the best but I was just eager to get this chapter to you! So just let me know if you see any mistakes. I'll go back through and edit it, then I'll pass is to either
Phoenix nebula or easy breezie. Whoever is free! :pinkiesmile: