• Published 4th Oct 2016
  • 5,778 Views, 211 Comments

The Lone Warrior - Silver Butcher



20 years ago Spike left Equestria, and now lives in the frozen north, far away from his home and friends, and in these 20 years Spike has become a pure unadulterated badass.

  • ...
17
 211
 5,778

Chapter 4- Assasains in the Night

Spike yawned as he made sure everyone was set up properly. Jamie had set up her bar's selling point, a Corner Hot tub, to accommodate Angel. whose lower body just barely managed to fit, after making sure Angel was comfortable and giving Jamie her good night scratches he wished them both good night and left the bar and headed through the snow back to his home.

Spike said nothing as he shuffled through the ankle-deep snow, for seemingly no reason he slowed to a stop and stood in place before looking over his shoulder.

"I can hear you, nice try matching my footsteps, now either get out here or stop stalking me," Spike stood his ground as he continued staring behind him. Only to swing out his hand and snatched a knife out of the air. "Solid craftsmanship," He noted before casually eating it "You got any more? Might help was out the taste of fish," Spike Calmly side stepped as a Pony dressed in thick black clothing swung at him from behind, "You know the problem with trying to be a ninja in these here parts-" Spike took another casual side step as his would-be assassin tried to stab him, this time grabbing them by the arm "-is your clothes have to be thick to survive the cold-" Spike swung the pony with ease and slammed into a second assassin who had jumped down from the roofs above to try and get a solid strike in at him, the two collided in a painful looking fashion and Spike gave them just enough momentum to send them tumbling down the streets "-and in doing so robbing yourselves of your oh so important stealth,"

Spike watched his assassins pick themselves up and turned to look down as the third one tried to walk up to him, she stopped and Spike just shook his head at her "Your boots are too squeaky," he informed her calmly, in turn, she chose the rational route before her and ran away at full speed, Spike ignored her and instead swung his arm out and clocked one of the other two squares in the jaw as they tried to run past him, Spike watched as the lucky one ran away with their other companion into the night.

Picking up his new unconscious friend Spike continued his trek home. Upon arriving he found Iron Heart polishing off the last of the booze, slightly red in the face she looked over at him as he walked in. "Who's the corpse?"

"He ain't dead," Spike shook him a little before adding "Probably," Spike set his guest in a chair and used his mastery over the forge that was his stomach to pull chains from his mouth and tie the man down before releasing him of his protective face gear that had all but failed to do its job. Upon giving him a once over Spike deduced he had no idea who this random colt was and chose instead to help Iron Heart polish off the last of the drinks Jamie had brought while waiting for him to wake back up.

"So," Iron Heart nodded "Who's the maybe not a corpse?"

"Rando Assassin," Spike replied casually "probably followed me here from the last town I visited, or maybe the last of those pirates who happened to not be on the ship when it got taken down, regardless he's not one of Tom's at least, he is far too impatient for that seeing as it would take 'em, on average, maybe six or seven years round trip to get the job done and get back to him, Should the Frozen North be feeling generous that it, Nah, if he was gonna send a guy after me it would be one of his top dogs, and they'd be loud about it since they'd probably try to take over the cove at the same time as kill me,"

"Fun," Iron Heart noted, slightly too inebriated to fully take in all of what Spike had just said to him "So why'd you keep him?"

"Eh, curiosity I guess, I killed the Mayor of that town and it is possible his replacement sent these guys here for my head entirely as a show of power, or it could be some of his crew survived and hired a few cheap assassins to try and end me,"

"So you kept him 'cause you're bored" Iron Heart noted.

"Well yeah," Spike replied casually, "I told Flurry I would arrive within a week, and with Angel's time estimate we should be good to leave the morning off my promised arrival and still arrive before nightfall, need something to keep my mind at ease for the next five days, killing some pirates or setting a town ablaze, either way, that's a solid day if I pace myself,"

"Didn't it take you a week to go from that town to here?"

"I'll just ask Angel for a lift," Spike said simply "Make a weird day out of it since I guess she's my mother now,"

"Suppose I'll just call myself lucky she isn't trying to grandmother me," Ironheart noted. instead of responding to that Spike gave his attention instead to the now-conscious assailant, who simply stared at Spike with a spiteful look.

"Yeah, that'll show me," Spike noted in response to the mean look, he took a swig of his cup before adding "So, your feel like talking this out, or am I gonna have to get weird with you?"

"no amount of torcher will break me," the would-be assassin spat.

"Now I don't mean to brag," Spike stood up and walked up so he was standing behind the colt "But I have done some morally dubious things in the last twenty years, one time there was this really macho guy who killed some of my dogs in an attempt to take over the town, once I came back and kicked his ass he was determined that I couldn't break him, so I had him knocked out and brought him to the best surgeon in all the frozen north that owed me a favor, let's just say after a week in the Black Rocks whore house she was a very cooperative mare, after begging for forgiveness I decided to let her keep her life, I was even kind enough to let her have a house here in town, of course, she has to do certain...tasks for me to earn that life I so kindly let her keep,"

Spike took a sip at the colt before him and just stared flatly at him. "Test me mother fucker, I have no moral dilemma in making you into Black Rocks' next top mare, and unlike with my little mare friend down the way, I think I might just let them keep you,"

"I was hired by the new mayor of Frost Ridge, my associates and I are to retrieve your head as a show of why he is to be feared,"

"Thought so," Spike noted "Welp I guess If your not a pirate I'll offer you your life in exchange for you leaving and never coming back? I see you back here again I'll be introducing you to Black Rock," Spike grabbed the Chair he had tied the colt to and with ease broke the chains and ate them before picking him up and easily throwing him outside his front door, Spike didn't bother to watch him run off in terror as he sat back down at the table.

"my memory must be fuzzy," Iron Heart noted "I seem to recall the mare in question was always a mare, and you helped her save her sister from the Black Rock whore house before killing half the population of the town and bringing all the mares here to let them work at Jamie's bar,"

"And would that story have scared you?" Spike shot back before finishing off his drink "Besides I did agree to let them live here so long as they helped the community to the best of their abilities,"

"saving rape victims and sending them off to live in a town with only over-protective dogs and one other mare," Iron Heart noted "Morraly Dubious my ass,"

"I'm morally dubious," Spike shot back "It just so happens my dubious acts mostly involve horse slaughter,"

"A very common act of dubious in these here parts," Iron Heart chuckled as she ran out of drink "But you did well in selling the act," Spike and Iron Heart cleaned up to the best of their ability, resulting in a sink full of bottles and their two cups before going upstairs to their shared bed and snuggling up.

"Remember that first night?" Iron Heart asked as she lay on top of Spike still in her armor.

"You tried to run away," Spike noted "When the dogs caught you and brought you home, you caused me of being a pervert,"

"In my defense, I was 12, and your face scared me, you should have just slept on the couch,"

"I was a grump back then," Spike muttered, "the loss of my arm was still fresh on my mind, and I was far from ready to act like a father,"

"eh, you figured it out in the end," Iron Heart noted with a yawn, "Now shut up, your a better pillow when you're belly starts warming up and it only does that after prolonged silence on your behalf,"

"Whatever, night ya brat,"

Author's Note:

Like a Ninja, I update in the middle of the night with narry a warning