• Published 4th Oct 2016
  • 5,778 Views, 211 Comments

The Lone Warrior - Silver Butcher



20 years ago Spike left Equestria, and now lives in the frozen north, far away from his home and friends, and in these 20 years Spike has become a pure unadulterated badass.

  • ...
17
 211
 5,778

Chapter 3 - Invitation for Visitation

Spike felt an odd combination of being both stupid and majestic as he piggybacked on Angel, They were moving on one of her water tendrils, In Angel's arms was the large fish she planned to feed to Spike, who was not looking forward to the experience. They very quickly made it back to the docs, where Iron heart was preparing the boat, with her was the female Diamond dog who owned the local bar, she was wearing a black spiked collar with a white tank-top, and blue shorts. Her thick brown fur naturally kept her snug and warm in the cold.

"Come on Jamie," Iron Heart said as she and Jamie were fast at work trying to make the ship sailable, "We gotta go find him, we've already wasted too much time as it is,"

"Hey I'm back," Spike cried out loudly to get their attention, "And I made a new friend,"

"Oh thank the frost," Iron heart groaned as she completely ignored the Shark Pony and instead leaned on the mast of her boat.

"Spike!" Jamie cheered as she rushed to the spot Angel had set Spike down with a water tendril "You're soaking wet and smell like fish!"

"Sounds about right," Spike replied casually, as Jamie excitedly began fawning over him Angel began inspecting Iron Heart and her Boat.

"I've never seen such a small boat," Angel remarked as she finished sizing up the vessel.

"Yeah well, any bigger of a boat would be impossible for three hands to maintain on the waves, not that Spike or I have a good history of sailing mind you," Iron Heart offered her hand to Angel and introduced herself, Angel returning the gestor. as Iron heart and Angel got to know one another Jamie began happily asking Spike questions.

"How have you been I haven't seen you in months? do you like fish now? do you wanna drink? Does your cloak need any repairs?"

"Fine, No, no, and no,"

"Oh is that your pet?" Angel asked when she spotted Jamie "How cute,"

"I'm your pet?" Jamie asked in excitement, Before Spike could even try to debunk this she jumped on his and started licking him.

"Jamie no!" Spike cried out as he fell to the dock as she continued licking his face he started laughing "Stop, no that tickles, cut it out," as Spike was being mauled with Love Angel looked to Iron Heart, who was busy undoing all the prep work she had been doing to set sail.

"This boat looks to be in good repair," Angel noted as she examined the vessel.

"A boat this size can't leave the harbor," Iron Heart replied "Ice Bergs and unpredictable storms make sailing a death sentence, as such this boat has only seen three attempted voyages, and of them only one was successful...the one that brought it here," Angel watched as Iron Heart finished her work and walked over to Jamie and Spike, Spike was whipping the spit off his face as Jamie was eagerly searching for a moment to re-coat him in it.

"Jamie stop covering Spike in love," Iron heart demanded "Spike, care to explain the Shark Merpony?"

"Angel this is my Adopted Daughter Iron Heart," Angel frowned and muttered something about Children raising children "Alright gonna ignore that, Iron Heart this is Angel, she called dibs on being my new mother figure,"

"You have an odd life," Iron Heart laughed in response.

"Indeed," Spike confirmed "Jamie we're heading back to my place to eat fish, you're invited to join, feel free to bring drinks," Spike attempted to walk away and was instead picked up by Angel.

"Come now little one, let me show you the best way to prepare a fish," Spike simply let out a low moan as Angel made a Pillar of water around her lower body and used it to travel on land.


Spike sat in silence in his living room, thanks to his more than willing to help townspeople he now had a large tub for Angel to put water in so she could sit down, along with a new larger front door as she had destroyed his old one simply by attempting to enter the room. Angel had very swiftly cleared out the sink and had prepared the fish with great speed and skill. Much to Spike's Horror upon hearing he was going to be eating a fish the townsfolks had flocked to his home to offer him the best catch they had on hand, resulting in one large fish turning into a full course meal, Angel even made Iron Heart a completely vegetarian Seaweed Casserole. Jamie had finished off the grand meal by bringing an assortment of different brews of her own creation, Much to Spike relief Alcohol for a dragon was akin to milk, so Angel had encouraged him to drink his absolute fill.

"I hate fish," Spike muttered as he swallowed some of the Fish from his plate.

"You chose the wrong place to live then," Iron Heart noted as she drank some wine with her casserole "Only meat in the Frozen North is either Fish or some form of Canabalisum,"

"I was a vegetarian when I moved here," Spike shot back.

"Frost berries and Winter glade lettuce," Iron heart replied before holding up her Seaweed casserole "Also Seaweed and other oceanic vegetation," Spike muttered something about bullshit travel guides and continued eating the fish set out in front of him, bones and all when he felt something building up in his chest.

"Hold us I'm about to get a letter," He took a deep breath and spat out a small about of green fire that swirled into a scroll. Spike snatched it out of the air and used his tail to continue eating while he opened it up and read it.

"One of your old friends?" Iron heart asked as she downed a glass of one of Jamie's Homebrews.

"It's an invitation to visit Flurry for her Birthday," Spike replied simply "Same as every year,"

"Who's Flurry?" Angel questioned.

"Oh she's an Alicorn Princess," Spike replied simply.

"Who has a massive hard on for Spike," Iron heart added with a chuckle.

"There must have been a better way to phrase that," Spike complained before being picked up by Angel.

"You are far too young to have an Alicorn Princess be hitting on you, They live basically forever, tell her to find someone her own age,"

"It's worth noting," Iron Heart said as Spike glared at her "That Flurry is actually younger than Spike by well over a decade" Angel blinked and then looked over to Spike, who shrugged in defeat.

"I'm 49, she's 29, turning 30,"

"Aw," Angle said, her entire demeanor shifting "That's so cute!"

"Iron heart you will feel my vengeance for this," Spike said with a hiss.

"You lack to power to punish me properly," Iron heart replied sticking her tongue out at him "You love your little girl far too much," Spike muttered angry nothings as Angel looked at the scroll.

"Hm....we have an entire month, but you should probably tell her you're coming, We can set out the week of the even so you and she can get reacquainted,"

"But it would take far longer than that to get to the equestrian port," Jamie noted "It's on the other side of the continent, with the weather the way it is in some parts it can take anywhere from two or three years to full cross it.

"True," Angel confirmed "But It would take me half a day to circle around the continent to do so, but we have no need to do so,"

"Yeah," Spike confirmed, "With Angel's water manipulation she can give us a straight shot to Luna Bay, and from there it's only a day's walk or a half-hour train ride to the Crystal Empire,"

"A-Train!" Jamie demanded, "Can I Come!" Spike looked at Jamie and sighed as the Diamond Dog shook with excitement.

"Of course you can," He said with a sigh.

"Fuck it I'm down, I've always wanted to meet Flurry Heart, I've read some of these love letters she sends you.

"Suppose someone has to," Spike replied as he got up and made his ways to the stars "I'll go tell her that me and three friends will be making an appearance at her humble abode," Spike dipped upstairs before adding "I'm also done eating,"

"You get down here and finish eating your meal young Drake," Angel called after him "A growing dragon needs his protein!"


Flurry was humming to herself as she looked at a framed photo of Spike and her in the jungle from when he had been her teacher. It had only lasted 4 short years before her aunt Luna had caught her having a less than appropriate dream to have about one's teacher. After a very awkward week, Spike had been fired, much to her dismay, and had dropped off the face of the earth for 6 years. He had then sent letters saying he was living comfortably in the Far covers of the Frozen north had kept in contact since. She continued humming as she waited for his letter, fully ready for him to say that the ice was keeping him from visiting when she heard a knock on her door.

"Come in," She called to the knocking. After a moment Cadance walked in and sighed.

"Flurry honey, this obsession with Spike has to stop,"

"I'm an adult," She snapped back "And besides he never did anything to me, you had no right to fire him,"

"Yes so you've told me," Cadance replied "And as I've told you Spike chose to quiet-"

"After a week of all the castle staff treating him like he was the one having dirty dreams," Flurry bit back, there was no anger in her voice as she had and her mother had this little spat nearly yearly. Cadance just sighed.

"Anyway, we need you to pick a cake for your party honey, Aunt Twilight and her friends will be coming, you remember Cheassy and the Cake twins," Flurry groaned.

"Poundcake isn't coming, is he? He always gets all up in my face,"

"I think he likes you,"

"He does like me," Flurry replied with a groan "But by the sweet song of Luna he's annoying, I've told him time and time again that I already have a beloved,"

"Don't you think if Spike really cared he'd make an attempt to come to visit you for your birthday?"

"The Frozen North is notable for its cold weather, it's not his fault it's hard to traverse the land and sea,"

"He..." Cadance took a deep breath "no, we're not talking about Spike, we're talking about your party," Before Cadance could say more Flurry's horn began glowing as magic swirled from it and a scroll formed in the air. Flurry took it and read it, wondering what Spike might be too deep in to go this year, and instead stared blankly, not sure if she was reading the scroll right,"

"So what's his excuse this year?" Cadance asked "Visiting a Buffalo Shamon again? In the middle of a Hat war? or maybe his house exploded again,"

"He's coming!" Flurry squealed out making her mother jump as she waved the scroll around "He met a Shark Merepony who's going to clear the path so he, her, and two others can come and see me for my Birthday!" Flurry cried out in glee and ran past her mother. "Come on this party has to be perfect!" Cadance watched her Daughter run past her and looked over to the Photo of Spike and sighed.

"Guess it was only a matter of time before he ran out of excuses," She readjusted Flurr hearts chair and followed her to where the party was being planned.


Spike took another reluctant bite of his Fish, Angel staring him down to make sure he ate it all, He took a swig of Whiskey when Iron heart suddenly started chuckling, now doing a few dishes with Jamie.

"Hey, Spike?" She said turning to him with a grin "Did you mention your...lack of an arm in that letter?" Spike stopped drinking and sat in silence for a moment.

"Ah fuck,"

Author's Note:

Jamie