• Published 27th Sep 2016
  • 967 Views, 70 Comments

Yu-Gi-Oh! EQG Side Story: Cyber Duel Saga - Bahamut0



A story to divert attention while I try making the third yugioh EQG story.

  • ...
1
 70
 967

Boss Battle! Burst vs Noa!

When the group arrived back at the machine city, Twilight had recovered from trying to find a logical explanation to Burst and Inferno's abilities. As they arrived at the gate, Burst showed the guards the key he had won when he beat Steel Edge back at

"You are now cleared to enter. Welcome to Machine City!"

"Thanks!", Burst said as he and his friends entered the city. They couldn't help but gaze in awe of just how advanced the city was! Everywhere they looked, there were living machines! "Now the only question is where do we find the duelist who's resisting the Big 5."

"Let's ask around. There's bound to be someone who knows them.", Sunset suggested.

"Good idea! We'll split up, and meet back here in about half an hour." They all went their separate ways. Hoping to find some clue as to where this duelist was. But when they regrouped, none of them had found any information at all.

"Man! I can't believe we didn't get a single lead on this guy!", Inferno fumed.

"Maybe he doesn't want to be found?", Ace suggested. "If the Big 5 were as bad as that village chief suggested, maybe he's trying to keep his identity a secret." As they were trading theories, Twilight noticed that the machines were starting to bow in the presence of a lone figure.

"Hey guys! Maybe we should check out what's going on over there?"

"Anything's worth a shot at this rate.", Burst said. When they went to see what was going on, they saw a green-haired boy at the center of it all. Burst decided to question him and see if he knew about the duelist they were looking for. "Excuse me."

"Hm? Is there something I can help you with?", the boy asked.

"My friends and I were looking for the duelist who's opposing the Big 5. Do you know him?"

"You're looking at him. My name is Noa. And judging by the looks of you, you must be the players who got stuck here."

"Well, Noa. Maybe you can tell us how we got stuck in the first place."

"I guess you could say this is partially my fault. During the first Battle City, I captured Kaiba and the other duelists and sent them to cyberspace. The Big 5 joined with me in order to take control of Kaiba Corp. But during my time with Mokuba, I realized how foolish my actions were and helped them to escape. The facility we were in was destroyed, but my mind was transferred to a back-up drive. When they began to develop this game, I uploaded myself here. But I wasn't alone. The Big 5 took this chance to escape and followed me here. To escape back into the real world, they rewrote the program to trap any players who entered the game. And should the player fall against them, one of the Big 5 gets their body. The only way out is for you to defeat all five of them AND the final boss. But first, I'll test the best duelist out of you. That way I can see whether or not you'll really need my help."

"Guess I'm up then. Let's duel!"

Burst: 8000
Noa: 8000

"I've got the first move!", Burst said. "I'll reveal one Blue Eyes White Dragon in my hand to special summon Blue Eyes Alternative White Dragon! Next I summon Maiden with Eyes of Blue and end my turn."

"Since you control a monster and I don't, I special summon Cyber Dragon! And since you special summoned a monster I special summon Cyber Dinosaur! Neither of them can take down your dragon, but your Maiden is an open target! Go, Evolution Burst!", Noa cried as Cyber Dragon prepared to fire it's laser at Maiden!

"Not so fast! I use her effect to negate your attack and special summon a Blue Eyes White Dragon from my deck! Now I'll overlay the two of them to xyz summon Number 38: Hope Harbinger Dragon! Attack Cyber Dinosaur!" Hope Harbinger roared as he fired a blast of energy that melted Cyber Dinosaur into scrap! "I end my turn."

"Time to take this to the next level! I summon Cyber Dragon Drei! When he's on the field I can make all of my cyber dragons level five! Now I'll overlay my monsters to xyz summon Cyber Dragon Nova! Now I'll use him as xyz material to summon Cyber Dragon Infinity! He gains 200 attack for each xyz material attached to him, bringing him to 2700! Now I'll use his other effect! I'll attack Maiden with Eyes of Blue! I know how her effect works, but I'll detach an overlay unit so that I can negate the effect and destroy her!"

"Sorry, but Hope Harbinger has other plans! If an effect is activated on the field, I can negate the activation and attach that card as an overlay unit!"

"No! My Cyber Dragon!", Noa cried as Infinity was transformed into an overlay unit and attached to Hope Harbinger.

"Now I'll summon Keeper of the Shrine and banish him to special summon Red Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon! Now I'll use his effect to special summon Blue Eyes White Dragon from my hand! All of my monsters attack you directly, and that's game!"

Burst: 8000, win
Noa: lose

"A good duel Burst Stream. But just because you defeated me, don't think that the Big 5 are pushovers. You and your friends must be on your guard. There is a warp terminal that leads to each of the Big 5's stages. Good luck to all of you!"

"Thanks Noa! Come on everyone! Let's go!" And with that Burst and his friends went off to confront the Big 5!