• Published 15th Oct 2016
  • 646 Views, 45 Comments

The Tournament of Destiny - goldenrise365



When a creature of dark descent tries to ruin a tournament, old and new friends will come to stop it.

  • ...
5
 45
 646

Tournament, Day 3: Light Within the Darkness

Gold, Ice, and Moon were flying over the area, searching for their friends. "There they are," said Moon. The group was currently in a battle against some shadow creatures.

"Then let's help them out," said Gold. Crimson dived down to the group's level. "Plasma Arc Blast." Crimson fired a blast of light that vaporized the shadows. The group was surprised, but they all smiled when Crimson landed. "Sorry we're late."

"Just glad to have you guys back," said Burst. He ran up and hugged Moon. Ice went over to his brothers.

"Thanks for the save," said Star. "But where to now?"

"How about the dark, creepy castle over there," suggested Inferno. The group saw the castle in the distance.

"So, should we go in, monsters at the ready?" asked Night.

Gold climbed on top of Crimson. "Let's give him a surprise."

"I agree," said Pinkie. The others summoned their monsters.

"Time to finish this guy," said Blue Eyes.

"I'm ready to finish him," said Red eyes.

"Let's destroy him for good," said Giant.

"To the castle." Gold and Crimson led the group towards the castle.

"So, what's the plan when we get in there?" asked Ice.

"We combine our powers, and completely destroy him."

Suddenly, Sonata's partner started slowing down. "Sonata, you OK?"

"Just feeling a little weak," said Sonata the Melodius Diva.

Dark Magician Girl slowed down a bit. "Don't worry, I got you." She helped Sonata catch up with the others.

"Thanks."

"Come on everyone, we're almost there." Crimson began to slow down as they got closer. "You good Crimson?"

"Just.... a little..... tired." The group got past the gates of the castle. An energy washed over them.

"That was odd." Gold looked down to see Crimson turned to stone. The other's monsters soon followed. "Jump!" Gold jumped off of Crimson's back as he crashed down. The group hit the ground hard. "That hurt."

"Welcome fools to your final resting place. You will not escape here." Shadow Master appeared in front of them. "Don't bother getting up." He raised his foot. "Say goodbye you bugs." He brought his foot down, but a shield appeared around the group. "What is this?!?"

Gold got up first. "As long as we're together, we will not be defeated." The others stood up. "We will finish this together." Night, Burst, Inferno, Steele, Ace, Shadow, Star, and Ice stood with Gold. "With our powers combined, we will destroy you." All of them raised their Millenium Items, with Ice holding half of the Millenium Scales. Columns of light surrounded each of them. The columns merged into one as the room filled with light. The columns released a wave of light that burned Shadow Master. When the light cleared, a figure stood in the center of the room. He wore golden armor, had all the Millenium Items, and had a white cape.

"We have combined our forces to create the ultimate force of good," said the guys voices in unison. "We are the Divine Master."

"So, all of you combined your powers. Good. Now I can destroy you all at once," said Shadow.

"Your not destroying anyone, Shadow Master," said Divine. "You will be defeated, and banished to the eternal abyss."

"Your the one who will be sentenced to darkness!" shouted Shadow Master.

"Then how about we end this with a duel." Divine summoned a gold duel disk.

"Fine. I'll just show you whose has true power." Shadow Master summoned his own duel disk.

"Let's duel!"

Divine: 4000
Shadow: 4000

"We'll start off this duel. We summon out Millenium Sphinx."

-----------------

Millenium Sphinx
ATT: Light
Level: 3 stars
Stone/Effect
Once per turn, summon out 1 "Millenium King" and 1 "Millenium Queen" from your deck.
Attack: 900
Defense: 800

----------------

A stone Sphinx appeared on the field. The Millenium Seal appeared on its chest. "Since he is on the field, we can summon out Millenium King: Burst Stream and Millenium Queen: Celestia."

--------------

Millenium King: Burst Stream
ATT: Light
Level: 8 stars
Warrior/Millenium
Attack: 3000
Defense: 2500

------------

Millenium Queen: Celestia
ATT: Light
Level: 8 stars
Warrior/Millenium/Effect
When "Milenium King: Burst Stream" and this card are on the field, special summon 1 "Millenium Queen: Moon".
Attack:2800
Defense: 2500

---------------

Burst's and Celestia's counterparts appeared. They both wore armor that looked like Blue-Eyes's scales. "And since both of them are on the field, we can summon out Millenium Queen: Moon."

--------------

Millenium Queen: Moon
ATT: Light
Level: 8 stars
Warrior/Millenium
Attack: 2800
Defense: 2500

-----------

Moon's counterpart appeared with the exact same armor. "Then we'll end our turn by playing the field spell Millenium King's Tomb."

-----------------

Millenium King 's Tomb
Millenium Field Spell
On your 8th end phase, special summon Millenium Light Dragon.

---------------

The arena turned into a pharaohs's tomb. A sarcophagus stood behind Divine. "Its your move." The Millenium tomb gave off a faint glow.

"You think a light show will scare me. You'll have to do better than that. I draw." Shadow Master looked as his card, and smiled. "I summon out one Shadow Token in defense mode."

------------

Shadow Token
ATT: Dark
Level: 2 stars
Fiend/Shadow/Effect
Your opponent cannot preform their draw phase on their turn. As long as this card is in defense mode, it cannot be destroyed by battle.
Attack: 0
Defense: 0

--------------

A dark shadow appeared on the field. "Then I'll set one card face down and end my turn."

"Our move. We dra-" Divine's deck was covered by shadows. "What is this?"

"Thanks to my tokens effect, you cannot draw any cards during your draw phase." Shadow Master crossed his arms. "Let's see you get past this one."

'We can't draw another card,' thought Burst.

'How can we get past his effect?' asked Inferno.

'I think we have a card in our hand that can help,' answered Gold.

'Worth a shot,' thought Star.

"Get on with your move already," said an impatient Shadow.

"Here goes nothing. We activate Sphinx's effect once more to summon out Millenium King: Arctic Ace."

--------------

Millenium King: Arctic Ace
ATT: Light
Level: 8 stars
Warrior/Millenium/Effect
Your opponent cannot activate card effects.
Attack: 2500
Defense: 2000

--------------

Ace's counterpart wore dark green armor. "We'll end our turn there."

"I draw. I summon out another Shadow Token. Then I'll set a card and end my turn."

"Well now thanks to Ace we can draw." Divine drew his card.

'Not much we can do,' thought Night.

'With our field full, we can't summon out anymore monsters,' thought Ice.

"We place one card face down and end our turn."

"I draw. I activate Shadow's Rule."

--------------

Shadow's Rule
Shadow Spell Card
Skip your opponent's next five turns.

--------------

"Now your next five turns are skipped. Which means that I get to draw five cards." Shadow drew his five cards. "And now that I have all seven Shadow Tokens in my hand and on my field, I can summon out my most powerful monster." The two tokens disappeared as the ground started to shake. "He comes from the darkest depths of the earth. He rises from the nightmares of all. Come forth, Lord of Darkness." The ground burst opened, and black mist poured from it. The mist surrounded Shadow Master. He let out a dark chuckle as the shadows left him. He now had armor made from bones, a lance the size of a skyscraper, and he held a dark crystal.

"Wait, why don't we have any information on him?" asked a confused Divine.

"Because, I'm no ordinary monster. I rule over all darkness, and the rules don't apply to me." He slammed his staff down and destroyed all the counterparts, including the ones in Divine's deck. "And say goodbye to your souls." He fired a blast of Dark magic from the Crystal.

"Not yet. We activate Final Stand to keep at least one life point." Divine was pushed back from the blast.

Lord of Darkness: 4000
Divine: 1

"You may have saved yourselves, but you cannot defeat me." Suddenly, the sarcophagus glowed with a bright light. "What is this?"

"There was one mistake you made Shadow. You forgot our field spell. And with our eighth turn gone. We can summon out Millenium Light Dragon."

-----------------

Millenium Light Dragon
ATT: Light
Level: 12 stars
Dragon/Millenium/Effect
Destroy all dark type monsters.
Attack: Infinite
Defense: Infinite

------------

The sarcophagus exploded and filled the room with light. When the light cleared, a Dragon stood beside Divine. It had golden scales, and eight heads. Each head had a Millenium Item on it. "This is the end of the line for you," said the eight heads in unison.

"I thought I destroyed you ages ago." Shadow was now scared.

"You thought you did, but the Millenium Items saved us. And now, we're here to return the favor."

"Let's end this," said Divine. He charged up a blast of magic in his hand, and Light followed suit. "Millenium Light Blast." The two energies combined, and blinded all of those in attendance.

"This can't be!" Shadow began to disappear.

Gold was following him. 'Gold! What's happening to you?' asked a shock Night. The others noticed Gold 's disappearing.

'It's part of the prophecy. The hero sacrifices himself to seal away the darkness. It must be done.' Gold placed a hand on Night's shoulder. 'Night. You have always been like a brother to me. I want you to take care of Sunset, and Pinkie.'

'No. No. It just won't be right.' Night was freaking out.

'It will be fine. You are stronger than you think.' Gold turned to the others and smiled. 'Thank you all for your help. And remember, always rise to the occasion.' With that last statement, Gold vanished.

Once the light cleared, the group saw that they were back in front of the school. The guys had separated, and were breathing heavily from the battle they endured. The girls ran over, and hugged their significant others. Sunset and Pinkie were looking around. "Where's Gold?" asked Sunset.

The guy's joyful expressions turned into solemn ones. "Come on guys," said Pinkie. "Where is he?"

Night stood up. "There's no easy way to say this." Night rubbed the back of his neck.

Sunset walked up. "Please Night, just tell us."

"Well.... Gold is...... kinda...... gone."

"What do you mean?" asked Pinkie. "Did he stay behind to try and fix things up?"

"No, not exactly. Gold.... sacrificed himself to save everyone." Night said the last part quickly.

The truth hit the two like a ton of bricks. "Wait. So he is not coming back," said Pinkie. Her hair began to flatten.

"Most likely not," said Night. Pinkie dropped to her knees.

"This can't be real."

"I'm sorry Pinkie. Night went over, and began to comfort both Sunset and Pinkie.

The others stepped forward, and got the three into a group hug. "You know what guys," began Star.

"What?" asked Fluttershy.

"Gold would not want us to be sad after what happened. We just saved the two worlds. Gold would want us to celebrate our victory and his sacrifice. Am I right?" The others actually agreed.

Pinkie wiped her tears. "Your right Star. And I have the perfect Just Saved the Wolrd party idea." Pinkie's smile returned. "But I'm gonna need a few things."

The others were happy to see Pinkie and Sunset happy. The group went into the school to prepare for the upcoming party.

Author's Note:

The guys won, and the prophecy came true. But is that all of the prophecy?