• Published 15th Oct 2016
  • 646 Views, 45 Comments

The Tournament of Destiny - goldenrise365



When a creature of dark descent tries to ruin a tournament, old and new friends will come to stop it.

  • ...
5
 45
 646

Tournament, Day 1: Shadows Rise

It had been one week since Pegasus announced the town wide tournament. Today was the starting day. Gold and his new friends, armed with some new custom cards, are ready to hit the ground running. But some business needed to be handled first.

Ace and Thunder were meeting up with Sonata and Starlight to give them their gifts. "We should really thank Gold for letting us use his card maker," said Ace.

"Considering we woke him up at three in the morning to do so, he sure does deserve one," said Thunder.

Sonata and Starlight came walking up to the two. "Hey guys, why did you want to see us before the tournament?" asked Sonata.

"Well we just wanted to give you girls a little something," answered Ace. The two presented their gifts to their respective girlfriend. The two opened up their gifts, and smiled with glee.

Sonata immediately jumped forward and bear hugged Ace. "Thank you! I love it!"

"No problem....Vision going dark...." said a struggling Ace.

"Whoops. Sorry." Sonata let go.

Starlight went up to Thunder and gave him a kiss. "I think Sonata expressed both of our thanks."

"Great. Now let's go find the others." The group ran off to find the rest of the group before the tournament.

---------------

Gold had the group spread out to try and cover the entire city. If Shadow Master was going to try anything someone should be able to handle it. Gold and Sunset were by the school. Sunset wanted to know more about Gold. "So, what was your life like before everything went wrong?"

"It was going good. I was able to visit Princesses Celestia a few times. Everything was pretty perfect." Gold looked out into the city. Sunset decided that she didn't want to bring anything up.

"What was it like before I came here?" asked Gold.

Sunset was surprised by this question. "What do you mean?"

"Before I came here, was everything always this crazy?"

"A little bit." Sunset hoped Gold wouldn't ask more.

"What about you?"

There it was. "I wasn't the nicest person before."

"I've been told, but it doesn't effect my feelings for you. I just want to see if you forgive yourself for what happened. I've always been taught to forgive yourself so you can forgive others."

"Gold I-"

Before Sunset could answer, Gold was mysteriously sent flying across the courtyard. "My master will be happy to have your soul." Suddenly a shadowy haze appeared around the courtyard. The haze condensed until a figure stood between Sunset and Gold. The figure was Demon Sunset. "I don't see how the others failed, that was easy."

"What are you doing here?!?" asked a surprised, and slightly scared, Sunset.

"I'm here for the soul of Golden Rise." Demon-set floated over to Gold. "Time to go Gold."

"You can't make me come," said a determined Gold.

"That's no way to speak to a lady. We'll have to change that." Demon-set used her magic to send pain through Gold 's body. He began to writher on the ground from the pain.

Sunset ran over and put herself between the two. "Your not taking him anywhere."

"Then how about we duel for him." Demon-set summoned a fire red duel disk.

"I'll make sure I win."

"Let's duel!"

Demon-set: 4000
Sunset: 4000

"I'll start off by summoning Dark Mist Warrior."

-----------

Dark Mist Warrior
ATT: Dark
Level: 3 stars
Warrior
Attack: 1000
Defense: 1000

---------------

A warrior made of the purple haze appeared on the field. "Then I'll place one card face down and end my turn."

"My move. I draw." Sunset drew her first card. "I summon out White Lightning Tiger."

------------

White Lightning Tiger
ATT: Wind
Level: 4 stars
Beast/Effect
Once per turn, destroy one of your opponents face down cards.
Attack: 1500
Defense: 1000

--------------

A white tiger with blue stripes and a pointed tail appeared on the field. "Now I'll use his effect to destroy your face down." The tiger shot a bolt of lightning from its tail that destroyed Demon-set's face down. "Now with your face down gone, I'll attack your warrior. Lightning Claw!" The tiger jumped forward and sliced through the warrior.

Demon-set: 3500
Sunset: 4000

"I end my turn."

"That was a nice move, but I need Gold 's soul for my master. I draw." Demon-set placed her new card into her hand, and grabbed another one. "I activate Shadow Dance."

---------------

Shadow Dance
Spell Card
Special summon out monsters who's combined levels equal the level of one of your opponent's monsters.

------------

"Now I special summon two Corrupted Flames."

----------------

Corrupted Flame
ATT: Dark
Level: 2 stars
Fiend
Attack: 100
Defense: 100

-----------

Two dark red flames appeared on the field. "Now I'll activate Corrupted Ritual."

------------

Corrupted Ritual
Ritual Spell Card
Special summon "Corrupted Sorceress" when you have two Corrupted Flames on your side of the field, or sacrifice monsters who total levels equal 8 or more.

--------------

"Now I can bring out my ace card. Say hello to Corrupted Sorceress."

-----------------

Corrupted Sorceress
ATT: Dark
Level: 8 stars
Spellcaster/Ritual
Attack: 3000
Defense: 3000

-------------

A fire erupted on the field. Out of it came a figure. The figure looked like Sunset. She was dressed in blood red armor and held a septer. "Hello weaker half," she said.

"That will end my turn."

Sunset backed up. "No, no, no." Sunset clutched her head. "This can't be real."

"Oh, but it's all two real Sunset," said Demon-set.

"You can never get rid of us," said Corrupted Sorceress.

Sunset dropped to her knees. "No, this shouldn't be. I can't win."

"Yes you can." Sunset looked up to see Gold pulling himself up. "Once you forgive yourself, you can let the forgiveness of others in. You can do this Sunset. You are strong." Gold fully stood up. "So, do you forgive yourself for what happened?"

Sunset let Gold 's words sink in. She finally stood up, and had a more confident look. "I do, and I will end this duel. I draw!" When Sunset drew her card she ponied up. "I activate Polymerization to fuse Mighty Hearth and Fire Scale in my hand. Now I bring out Solar Flare Dragon."

-----------

Solar Flare Dragon
ATT: Fire
Level: 8 stars
Dragon/Fusion/Effect
Two Fire-Type monsters
Choose a numbers between 1 and 5. Discard that many cards from the top of your deck, then destroy that many monsters on your opponents side of the field.
Attack: 3000
Defense: 2500

-----------

The surrounding area began to heat up. A creature descended from the sky. It was a dragon with dark red scales, golden eyes, and flaming scales. "Prepare to feel the heat," she said.

"Now I'll discard two cards to destroy your Corrupted Sorceress and one of your Corrupted Flames." Solar released a wave of fire from her scales that destroyed both monsters. "And now she'll destroy your remaining Flame. Solar Strick!" Solar blasted the monster with a blast of her own Fire.

Demon-set: 400
Sunset: 4000

"I end my turn."

"You may have weakened me but I will not lose. I draw." She drew her next card. "I set a monster face down. Now you can't finish me off."

Sunsets top card glowed. "You might want to rethink that. I draw. I activate Millenium Seal: Power Release."

-------------

Millennium Seal: Power Release
Millennium Spell Card
Your monster(s) attack becomes zero, and your opponent takes damage equal to the lost attack.

------------

"This duel is over. Solar Flare Dragon, release your power." The field was covered in a bright light.

"NNNNOOOOOO!" Demon-set's scream faded away.

Demon-set: 0
Sunset: 4000

When the light cleared, Sunset was standing with a triumphant smile. "I did it."

Gold walked over and pulled Sunset into a kiss. "Yes you did."

"So I guess I rose to the occasion?" Sunset kept her smile.

"Of course you did." Suddenly Gold 's phone went off. "Hello...... Night....... wait what?.......... ok, we're on our way." Gold.hung up.

"What is it?"

"We got trouble down town. Twilight 's shadow is attacking."

Author's Note:

Hope you guys this chapter. Next up is Twilight and Night.