• Published 15th Oct 2016
  • 646 Views, 45 Comments

The Tournament of Destiny - goldenrise365



When a creature of dark descent tries to ruin a tournament, old and new friends will come to stop it.

  • ...
5
 45
 646

And So It Begins

Author's Note:

Hello eveyone and welcome. Just wanted to say thank you to those that have
help me out here. Enjoy the story and always rise to the occasion

A custodian walked through the halls of Canterlot High making sure everything was locked up. "Well eveything is locked." The man was about to lock the front doors when the earth suddenly shook. "Earthquake?"

Suddenly the earth began to crack open. Red light started to fill the room. Then a deep voice was heard. "Finally! After a thousand years, I am free!" A shadowy hand shot up from the ground.

"What the?!?" The custodian jumped back.

The hand was followed by an arm, and then the rest of the body. The creature's body was made from shadows. It wore purple armor. Its eyes were blood red. The creature looked at the man and gave a wicked smile. "Boo."

"AHHHHH!" He ran out the main door without locking it.

"I love messing with mortals," said the creature with a chuckle. "Now to go find some to take control of." The creature disappeared into the night, with the cracks having been mended.

---------------

Sunset ran down the hall to Principal Celestia's office. When she got the urgent message from one of her friends she knew she had to get there quick. She finally made it to the room. When she knocked the door opened and Sunset was pulled in. She saw all her friends and the two principals. "What's going on?" she asked.

"We fear there may be some dark magic afoot," said Principal Celestia. "We captured something on the security fotage last night." Principal Celestia turned her computer monitor so Sunset could see it. Celestia hit play and the scene from last night played out. Sunset looked on in shock. The screen turned black after the video finished. "We do not know the cause of it," said Celestia. "We are fearing the worst."

Sunset began to think about the situation as a whole. She then thought of one person who did not leave school when the others had left. The new guy, Golden Rise, son of Maximillion Pegasus. "Golden."

"What was that darling?" asked Rarity

"Gold, the new guy. He left the school late last night acording to the cameras. This may be his doing," explained Sunset

"Wait, wait, wait," said Rainbow. "Me and Shy knew Gold before he left, and he never had any powers. Even if he does have them there will be no way he did this."

"You maybe right Rainbow, but he is our main suspect right now there is only one way to check." Sunset raised her hand. "If I can read his mind, then we will know the truth."

Sunset walked out of the room, and the others followed. The group walked outside and found Gold leaning against the podium. He was drawing something in a brown book.

"Hey Gold," callled out Sunset.

Gold looked up and saw the incoming group. "Oh hey Sunset, girls. Good to see you."

"Yeah, you too. Do you mind telling us what you were doing in school last night?" Sunset cut right to the chase.

Gold started to sweat and his hands figited. "I forgot something and one of the janitors let me in." Gold tried to stay calm.

"We all know thats not true," said Sunset with a stern look." I was hopping not to do this, but you leave me no choice." Sunset grabbed Gold's arm. Her eyes glowed white as she saw the past.

---------------

Gold walked up to a figure in a dark cloak. "You don't belong here Shade."

The figure turned and gave a dark chuckle. "I didn't know the Pharaoh's brother would choose someone like this."

"Sorry to disappoint Shade but this is full Gold. The one you speak of told me to come here. And now I know why. You will be stopped before he is released." Gold activated his duel disk.

"Well then, I'll make sure your soul is used as a sacrifice." Shade activated his duel disk.

"Let's duel!"

Gold:4000
Shade:4000

"I'll go first. I summon out Statue of the Holy."

-----------------

Statue of the Holy
Type: Rock
Attribute: Light
Level: 2
Atk:100 Def:300
Effect: When your opponent special summons a monster, detroy this card and special summon two Spirit Tokens.

-------------------

A stone angel appeared on the feild. "Then I'll place two cards facedown and end my turn." A card appeared on either side of the statue.

"My move. I draw." Shade added the card to his hand. "I banish one Zombie type monster to special summon Zombie King."

----------------

Zombie King
Type: Zombie
Attribute: Dark
Level: 8
Atk: 2800 Def:1500
Effect: Banish a Zombie type monster to summon. Must keep banishing Zombie types every standby faze to stay on the feild. This card cannot be destroyed by battle or card effect.

-----------------

A zombie came onto the feild. It had dark purple skin, wore black armor and had a gold crown on its head.

"Well since you did that I can use my Statue's effect. I destroy it and bring out two Spirit Tokens." Gold sent his statue to the Graveyard. Two spheres of light appeared on the feild.

----------------

Spirit Token
Type: Fairy
Attribute: Light
Level: 2
Atk: 0 Def: 0
Effect: Cannot be destroyed by battle or card effect.



----------

"No matter, my Zombie King will put a huge dent in your life points." Zombie King charged forward and sliced through one of the lights. The full force of the attack hit Gold. He dropped to one of his knees. "Pathetic as always."

Gold: 1200
Shade: 4000

Gold pushed himself up. "You may have lowered my life points, but I am winning this duel." Gold drew is card. 'Perfect.' "I activate Imperial Iron Wall."

---------------

Imperial Iron Wall
Trap
Effect: Both players cannot banish monsters.

--------------

"Now neither of us can banish monsters. "

"NO!" Shade was now scared.

Gold gave a determined smile. "Now I'll sacrifice both of my tokens to summon out Crimson Dragon."

--------------

Crimson Dragon
Type: Dragon
Attribute: Light
Level: 8
Atk:3000 Def:2800
Effect: Destroy one monster your oppenent controls. This card gains attack equal to the destroyed monsters attack.

---------------

A dragon descended from the sky. It had bright red scales, a dark red underbelly, and crystal wings. It gave a mighty roar as it landed. "And with no zombies to banish your King's effect cannot be activated."

"This can't be!" cried Shade.

"So say goodbye to your monster." Crimson Dragon fired a red ball of energy and destroyed Zombie King.

Crimson Dragon
Atk: 5800

"And now, Crimson Dragon, attack Shade straight directly!"

Crimson Dragon gathered up alot of energy. Once the energy was at its peak, Crimson let it fly.

"NNNOOOOOO!"

Gold: 1200
Shade: 0000

The image faded away.

---------------

Sunset let go of Gold's arm. "You weren't causing the problem, you were fixing it." Sunset put a hand to her head.

"Well if you came to me, then I guess The Shadow Lord is freed." Gold looked to Burst, Inferno, Steele, and Star. "And were going to need all the help we can get."