• Published 15th Oct 2016
  • 646 Views, 45 Comments

The Tournament of Destiny - goldenrise365



When a creature of dark descent tries to ruin a tournament, old and new friends will come to stop it.

  • ...
5
 45
 646

Tournament, Day 1: Tarnished Crystal

Night and Twilight were at Crystal Prep. Gold had asked the two to go to the school, and watch out for any dark figures. "This place still gives me nightmares," said Twilight.

"You can say that again." Night sounded saddened.

"You ok Night?"

"Yeah. Just... I've not had the best experience here." Night walked closer to the school. "Not a lot of people know about my past."

"What do you mean?" asked an interested Twilight.

Before Night could answer the two heated footsteps. They turned to see Principle Cinch walking up to the school. She looked up to the two. "Twilight? Night?"

"Hello... mother," said a bitter Night.

"Mother?!?" Twilight was surprised.

"Please Night, listen...."

"No. It's my turn to speak, and your turn to listen." Principal Cinch stopped talking. "At first I was happy you were the principal of this school. But then you started worrying about reputation. You put the reputation of the school before the students. You turned Twilight into a she-demon. If you really cared about the students then that wouldn't have happened. You pushed us way to far. I don't know if I can forgive for what happened."

Principle Cinch stepped forward. "I know I hurt both of you the most. I wish I could take back all I did, but since I can't I want to make up for it. Night, you are my son above everything else. I hate to see you upset, or angry. You were always the light of my day. Please, just let me make it up to you."

Night was silent for a few moments. Then he started to tear up. "I never wanted to be mad at you, but things got outta hand. I am willing to forgive you." Night looked over to see Twilight smiling, and he smiled. "We both are."

"Thank you." Night walked forward, and hugged his mother. "I'm glad to have you back."

The moment was short lived when a dark laugh was heard. The three looked all around for the source.
Then a purple haze appeared. It soon condensed into a familiar figure, Midnight Sparkle. "How heart warming."

"This is ridicules," said Twilight.

"Get inside," said Night. The three ran into the school while Night called Gold. "Hey Gold, we got a problem..... it's Midnight Sparkle, she's at the school....... thanks." Night shut the doors behind him. Twilight ran up with a broom, which Night stuck in between the handles. "That should hold." Then the doors were blasted open. "Never mind."

"What do we do now?" asked Twilight.

"I'll distract her. While you two run for it," said Cinch.

"That's crazy," said Night.

"Its the least I can do. Now I'll distract her, and you two run." Cinch pulled out one card. "Let's go Ancient Gear Golem." Ancient Gear Golem materialized next to them.

"Ready to fight," he said.

Twilight turned to Night. "So that's where you got your deck from."

"Yeah. And it works like a charm." The two ran for it as Golem started fighting Midnight. But it wasn't enough. Midnight noticed the two running. She shot a blast towards the two.

"Watch out!" Night jumped forward, and pushed Twilight out of the way of the blast. The blast hit him instead, and was sent into the wall.

"Night!" cried Twilight. Her saddened look turned to one of rage. She furiously turned to Midnight. "How dare you hurt him. He's been going through a rollercoaster of emotions. You hurt the only guy that could probably get me, and now your going to pay." Twilight activated her duel disk.

"Fine. If it's a duel you want, then it's a duel you'll get." Midnight summoned a purple duel disk.

"Let's duel!"

Midnight: 4000
Twilight: 4000

"I'll start this duel," said Twilight. "I summon out Skilled Dark Magician."

-------------

Skilled Dark Magician
ATT: Dark
Level: 4 stars
Spellcaster/Effect
Each time a spell card is activated, place 1 Spell Counter on this card when that spell card resolves (max. 3). You can tribute this card with 3 spell counters on it: Special summon 1 "Dark Magician" from your hand deck or graveyard.
Attack: 1900
Defense: 1700

-----------

A figure in a blue cloak, heralding a staff paperwork the field. "The I'll place two cards face down, and end my turn."

"My move then. I draw." Midnight drew her first card. "I'll place one monster face down, and end my turn."

"I draw." Twilight drew her card. "I summon out Spellbook Imp."

----------

Spellbook Imp
ATT: Light
Level: 3 stars
Spellcaster/Tuner
Attack: 1000
Defense: 1000

---------------

A small book appeared on the field. It opened up, and a tiny blue imp popped out from it. "Now I'll tune my two monsters together, to synchro summon Arcanite Magician." Spellbound Imp turned into two green rings. The rings surrounded Skilled Dark Magician, and he turned into four orbs of light. The rings and orbs were then engulfed by a column of light.

-------------

Arcanite Magician
ATT: Light
Level: 7 stars
Spellcaster/Synchro/Effect
1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner Spellcaster-Type monsters
If this card is Synchro Summoned: Place 2 Spell Counters on it. This card gains 1000 ATK for each Spell Counter on it. You can remove 1 Spell Counter from your field, then target 1 card your opponent controls; destroy that target.
Attack: 400
Defense: 1800

------------

The light faded and a figure had appeared. The figure had white armor-like robes, and a green staff. "And since I Synchro summoned him he gains two spell counters, and 2000 attack."

Arcanite Magician: 2400

"Then I'll activate Counter Attack."

--------------

Counter Attack
Spell Card
Monsters on your side of the field gain one attack per spell counter.

-------------

"Now he can attack twice. So, Arcanite Magician will attack your face down." Arcanite Magician charged his staff, and fired a blast that destroyed Midnight's face down.

"Ok. Now try to get me," taunted Midnight.

And Twilight fell for the trap. "I plan to. Now, Arcanite Magician, attack her directly." He charged up another blast, and fired.

"You fell for my trap. I activate Mirror Force and Magic Cylinder from my hand." Midnight held up both cards.

"WHAT?!?" Arcanite was destroyed, and twilight took damage.

Midnight: 4000
Twilight: 1600

"How did you activate cards from your hand?" asked a shocked Twilight.

"The monster you destroyed was Card Mage, and his effect allows me to play traps from my hand. His effect is both active on the field and in the graveyard."

"I end my turn."

"I draw." Midnight added the new card to her hand, and grabbed another one. "I activate Magical Absorbtion."

------------

Magical Absorbtion
Ritual Spell Card
Banish Spellcaster-Type monsters from your hand whose levels equal 8 or more.

------------

"Now I'll banish two level four spellcasters from my hand to summon out Midnight Mistress."

--------------

Midnight Mistress
ATT: Dark
Level: 8 stars
Spellcaster/Ritual
Attack: 3000
Defense: 3000

---------------

A purple haze surrounded Midnight. Once the haze condensed, Midnight was now in purple armor and was wielding a black staff. "Now I'm as powerful as ever."

Twilight looked on in horror. "There's no monster in my deck that's strong brought to defeat her." The the top card of her deck glowed. She shackle grabbed the card. After looking at it a smile sprung onto her face. "This should work." She then turned to Midnight. "This battle isn't over. It's my turn to show you my ace card. I sacrifice two monsters from my hand to summon out Dark Magician."

------------

Dark Magician
ATT: Dark
Level: 7 stars
Spellcaster
Attack: 2500
Defense: 2100

-------------

Dark Magician appeared on the field. "Hello Midnight."

"Why waste your time he's not powerful enough to defeat me," said Midnight.

"Maybe not alone. I activate Millenium Seal: Harmonic Destiny."

-------------

Millennium Seal: Harmonic Destiny
Millenium Spell Card
The equipped monster gains the attacks of all monsters in you graveyard.

-------------

The Millenium Seal appeared on the floor. Dark Magician's cloak went from purple to white, and Twilight ponied up. "Now he has more then brought power to destroy you, and end this duel."

Sunset ran in to the site. "Looks like I arrived just in time."

"Yes you did Sunset. Now, Dark Magician, attack her and end this duel."

"Your time is up." Dark Magician channeled his energy into his staff, and fired a column of light at Midnight.

"NNNNOOOOOOO!" Midnight was no more.

Midnight: 0
Twilight: 1600

Twilight landed as the field cleared. She then ran over to Night, who was just getting up. "I'm glad your safe," she said while hugging him.

"Me too."

----------

Shadow Castle
"Well this day was a waste, but tomorrow is another day," said Shadow Master.

Author's Note:

Another shadow defeated, and another card revealed. Next time, day two and Gold's adventure.