• Published 21st Sep 2016
  • 758 Views, 26 Comments

The beauty of Paris - Bronycommander



You maybe asking youself, what's a unicorn filly doing in Paris? It's kind of a long story

  • ...
6
 26
 758

Chapter 8 Being a Collaborator

Chapter 8: Being a Collaborator

Back at the Hotel, Sweetie Belle was brought into a meeting room. A woman stepped in. “So, you are Sweetie Belle, right?” She nodded. "You have nothing to fear. Collaborating is a good thing. You are helping us to bring peace in this city.”

“And how should I report to you?”

“Simple. We have Agents and Generals everywhere in Paris. Just talk to them and they will do the rest. For serving the Reich, you will be rewarded. Now go home.” Sweetie Belle was brought out. She knew it wasn’t right but she had no other choice.

She trotted aimlessly through the streets of Paris, until she was found by Heinz. “There you are! Marie was worried sick about you.”

“Where is she?”

“She’s with the others at the La Villette. Sean gave them shelter.” He and Sweetie Belle got in the Sturmwagen.

At the Slaughterhouse, Marie was glad to see her again. “Sweetie Belle! I was so worried about you! They didn’t hurt you, or have they?”

“No, it was just a misunderstanding, nothing more.” She lied not wanting to endanger her friends. “Who are you?” She saw a man wearing glasses.

“Dr. Klaus Kessler. And you’re Sweetie Belle, right?”

“That’s right.” This must be the scientist that the Germans are searching. I feel sorry for him but I have no choice.

“Everything is in place Sean. When you are ready we will begin our strike at the race. But remember: You must be the winner. I will discuss our plan with the others in the Belle and the Catacombs.”

“Do that. I must meet Bryman to talk about Marie Kessler.” Sean leaved.

Sweetie Belle also leaved to inform the Gestapo. “Where are you going?” Franz asked her.

“Just catch some fresh air.”

Outside, an Agent waved at her. “Over here! Kommen Sie!” He was hidden in an alley. Sweetie Belle trotted to him. “So, what do you have for me?”

“The Resistance plans something when the race is starting. Also, Dr. Kessler is in that Slaughterhouse that is used as base for the Resistance. They have also the La Belle du Nuit as base and the catacombs.”

“Thank you for your cooperation. Here’s your reward.” The Agent gave her some candy. “Instead, if searching for a member of the Gestapo or the next political office, Dierker had the Idea that an Agent is always near you so you can report. Now get out of here."

Sweetie Belle obeyed. She played with Jules and Lily on the premises of the slaughterhouse, and shared the candy with her. They didn’t want to know where she got the candy. The mechanic smiled at the playing Children. They were drawing on the ground.

Sean came back with a girl She was happy so see Dr. Kessler. “Papa!”

“Maria! Gott im Himmel!” They hugged each other. “I do not know how to thank you, Herr Devlin. I will never forget what you have done today.” Sweetie Belle smiled to see that they were together again, but it reminded her of her family too.

“Seems his Majesty’s Government is in your debt as well. But don’t expect a thank you note from Bishop.” A Woman said she didn’t know to Sean.

“I don’t care for Bishop. I don’t work for…” Suddenly an explosion shook the ground.

“German machineguns.”

“German soldiers! We’re surrounded!” Luc screamed. “They must have followed you here!”

“What? That’s impossible. No one could have…”

“Damn you, Delvin and your German friends! You’ve killed us all!”

“Do I look like I would endanger the life of my friends?” Franz was disgusted by the accusation.

“Noooo!” The woman aimed a Kruger pistol at Dr. Kessler.

“Skylar! What has gotten into you!?”

“I can’t allow them to take Kessler alive.” Then she aimed at the filly. “Or Sweetie Belle. There’s too much at stake. I’m sorry.”

“This isn’t over yet.” Sean stood in front of Kessler while Franz and Heinz stood in front of Sweetie belle who was clenched protectively by Marie. Sweetie Belle trembled in fear.

“Get out of my way.”

“No way.”

Skylar lowered her weapon. “Dammit! Don’t make me regret this.”

“Arm yourselves! We’ll hold them off as long as we can!” Luc was ready to fight.

They fought their way out of the basement. “Franz on the MG! Cover their escape!” Heinz ordered.

They defended the rear of the slaughterhouse. Wehrmacht and SS Soldiers came in Sturmwagen and Halftracks. “Watch for German sappers. They’ll try to plant explosives on the building. Don’t let that happen!” Skylar pointed at a SS Demolition Soldier. Franz killed him before he got close.

Marie was holding Sweetie Belle tightly while they escaped with Tom and Eva and the kids. They watched the battle in horror. Franz looked over them and prayed that they would get out alive.

“They’re coming from the front entrance!” Franz and Heinz changed position. Again, they fought off Soldiers and sappers. “Over there! They are attacking from the flank!” Franz and Heinz saw some heavy armored soldiers with MGs. They took a lot of bullets. The ground shook again.

“Oh god… do you hear that?”

“Sounds like a tank.” A Wulf tank was driving by.

“Mother of…” Franz was stunned. He had never seen a Wulf tank before.

"I try to plant some explosive on the tank! Cover me!” Sean shouted.

Franz and Heinz shot all the Soldiers in Sean’s way until he reached the tank. He planted dynamite and lit the fuse. The tank exploded and the soldiers retreated.

“What are they doing?” Luc was confused.

“Regrouping. They’ll be back soon, with reinforcements… to burn this place to the ground,” Sean explained.

“We won’t get another chance to break out.” Skylar was sure that this was their only chance.

“Take the Kessler’s, and go.”

"What about you?” Sean looked at Luc.

“I’ll buy you as much time as I can. I must say you are good shooters for krauts. Go! We’ll rendezvous at the catacombs.”

Sean and Skylar entered with the Kessler’s a Corrino LX. Franz and Heinz followed them in a Sturmwagen. “Do you have any Idea who those men with the machineguns and gasmasks were, Heinz?”

“I only know that they are a Special Forces unit. They are called ‘Terror Squad.’ They made a bloody reputation on the Eastern front. Now they’re here, taking orders from Dierker.”

“I hope they made it out alive.”

“Don’t worry; I’m sure they made it, Franz.”


Marie, Eva and Tom were running for their lives with the kids. None of them had ever seen such a brutal attack. “I don’t want to die.” Sweetie Belle shivered in her arms, still shocked by the attack. Jules and Lilly too.

“Hush, mon amour. We will be safe soon,” Marie spoke in a calming tone.

They were stopped by a Terror Officer. “Stop right there!” His voice was distorted by his gas mask. Behind him were other Terror Soldiers. The Adults knew that they had no chance.

“Alright… Just don’t shoot,” Tom pleaded.

“In the Truck!” The officer ordered.

“Mommy, are we going to die?” Jules asked scared.

“No my dear, we won’t.” Eva tried to comfort her Children. None of them knew where the Truck was heading.

Author's Note:

They forced her to work as Collaborator and then this? Not on Sean's watch, I can tell you.

If we Germans had really a tank like the Wulf tank or soldiers like this Terror Squad in 1941, we could have won the war. I'm no Nazi, just interested in history and techology used back then.

This is how the soldiers look like in the game, fot those who want to know more