• Published 21st Sep 2016
  • 758 Views, 26 Comments

The beauty of Paris - Bronycommander



You maybe asking youself, what's a unicorn filly doing in Paris? It's kind of a long story

  • ...
6
 26
 758

Chapter 7 Comfort and fun

Chapter 7: Comfort and fun

Franz was on patrol again. Since Sweetie Belle was gone, the world had lost his colors. Everything was black and white. Only the armbands of his comrades and everything that belonged to the Germans, was in color.

“Hey Kraut, how’s going? What, did I say something wrong?” Sean asked him in disguise. Franz had his head lowered.

“I know we’re actually enemies but you can talk to me about everything that bothers you.”

Franz let out a sigh, “It’s just, I worried about Sweetie Belle. After I heard that she was brought to Dierker, I pray every day that she is alive.” Sean patted his shoulder.

“I know how worried you are about her. But I promise you one thing: If Dierker only harms one hair on her, he will PAY. Definitely. You have my word as an Irishman.”

Just as he said these words a Citizen gave him a Note. Sean’s expression was not happy. “Something horrible has happened. Come to the Colonne Vendome. - Luc.”

“Sorry, I must go.”

“Wait, I come with you. Something tells me, that I must know this too.”

"I won’t stop you, Kraut.”

At the Vendome, they saw Luc. Franz knew about him. “This is the woman I helped?” Franz was shocked when he saw the hanged woman.

“Yes. She disappeared two days ago. This morning we found her here,” Luc explained.

“What happened?” Franz asked still in shock.

“She was about to bring the filly back to you. But they were caught by Gestapo Agents that watched her. Her name was Clara. She refused to tell what she knew about the resistance. Dierker skinned her like an animal. This is his message to the Resistance.”

“IF he harmed Sweetie Belle then…” Franz was about to explode in Anger but Sean tried to calm him down.

“Look buddy, she’s not here with Clara. That means that she must be alive then. If she is still in the hands of the Gestapo, I will find a way to free her.” Sean knew that it was risky to reveal himself to a German, but he helped him already. And he closed Sweetie Belle in his heart. The last thing he wanted was that she would meet the same fate as his friend Jules.

“Sean, how can you make a promise to a German? He might betray us!”

“Relax Luc. He may be one of them, but he has a good heart. And he helped me in a mission. We can trust him.”

“Yes you can. Unlike the other Soldiers, I don’t believe in the Regime.”

“Alright, I trust you. But if you endanger our operations, I will kill you! Is this clear?” Luc threatened him.

Franz just nodded and left. At home, he saw how depressed Marie was. “Marie, please it wasn’t your fault.”

“I know. It’s just I lost my family, found something to live again, only to lose it too! She’s still a child! She doesn’t deserve a painful and slowly death! This never should’ve happened!” She slammed her fist on the table.

“Don’t worry, I met the Saboteur again. According to his sources, she is still alive. And I still believe that she is alive.”

There was a knock on the Door and the crying of a child could be heard. Marie ran to the Door. What she saw broke her heart. Sweetie Belle was back. She had tear-filled eyes. They were red from too much crying. “M-mommy…” Marie hugged her. Sweetie Belle cried into her back. Marie and Franz were glad that she was unharmed but it was clear that she was scared to death. “M-mommy…”

“Shh, you’re safe now.” Marie rubbed her back. Sweetie Belle cried herself to sleep. It was heartbreaking.

“That poor Child. But at least she is unharmed.” Marie liked it that Sweetie Belle called her mommy. It was so nice to for her so feel like a mother again. She gently laid her down on the couch and pulled a blanket over her. “Sweet dreams.”

There was a knock on the door again. Franz opened it. It was Sean. “Hello again. Sorry to bother you but I wanted so see if Sweetie belle is okay.”

“She’s unharmed. But she was so scared that she cried herself to sleep.”

“Mind if I come in?” Franz stepped aside.

Sean saw Sweetie Belle. He put some chocolate on the table and stroked her mane. “Sorry that I brought you into that. But I promise that Dierker will pay for what he did to you.”

Before he leaved Marie asked him, “Wait! Before you go, can I know your name?”

“Delvin. “Sean Delvin.” “Thank you, Mister Delvin. How can we repay you?”

“You don’t. Her safety is enough for me.”

Marie went to bed with Sweetie Belle. “I don’t want to be rude but could I…”

“Sleep with me and Sweetie belle? But of course. I’m sure that she will sleep peaceful when we are together.”

Franz blushed a bit. “I love every minute with her. It’s so nice to be a mother again. And you are going to be a wonderful father for her.”

“Thanks for the compliment. I just hope that her Family finds her soon, before something worse happens.” Franz fell asleep with concern but smiled as the Teddy bear was hugged by Sweetie Belle.

Franz woke up. The beautiful Sunrise woke him. He smiled. Marie and Sweetie belle were cuddling in their sleep.
He let them sleep. Franz prepared breakfast for them. He brought it to the bed. “Time to wake up, you two Angels.”

Sweetie Belle yawned. “Good morning, Daddy!”

“Morning, sweetheart. I made breakfast for you.” Sweetie Belle enjoyed her breakfast and the Scho-Ka-Kola from Sean. Maria also woke up and enjoyed her breakfast.

The doorbell rang. Jules and Lily were here. “We are here to see if Sweetie Belle is alright.” Jules had concern in his voice.

“Sweetie Belle, you have visit!”

“Jules! Lily!” Sweetie Belle was happy to see them.

“Are you alright? We’re feared the worst after you were taken by the Gestapo. Whoever would be brought to the Hotel De Ville would never get out of there again.”

Sweetie Belle shivered at the memory. “I’m alright. This Dierker threatened to t-torture me if I would not give him information’s.” Jules and Lilly wrapped their arms around Sweetie Belle. “Thanks, I needed that.”

“That’s what friends are for. Do you want to come to our house?” Jules smiled at her.

“But of course. Can I?”

"Yes, my dear. We wanted to visit Tom and Eva anyway.” Marie's heart melted.

Just when they were outside, a Sturmwagen stopped abrupt in front of them. Heinz got out. “Sweetie Belle! Thank god, you’re alright!” He was glad to see her again.

Franz noticed how the color has returned. “Heinz!” Sweetie Belle hugged him too.

“We were on our way to Eva and Tom, do you want to come too?”

“How could I refuse at your cuteness?” Franz put his cap on Sweetie Belle’s head and gave her a Peggie ride. She giggled. The House was only a couple of blocks away so they walked.

Eva had made some cookies for the kids. Franz and Marie told Heinz, Tom and Eva why Sweetie belle was caught by the Gestapo. “Mon dieu. But at least she is back safe and sound.” Eva looked over to the kids who were playing a clapping game and were singing a French kids song. Let's go for a walk in the woods was the name. Jules and Lilly loved it.

The adults smiled at the cute and heartwarming sight. “Mommy, Daddy, they coming for us!” Jules pointed out of the window. A Gestapo cruiser was driving by.

“Oh non. Oh God no! Please you must help us!” Eva begged.

“Don’t worry, we will distract them,” Franz said and Heinz nodded. Eva, Tom, their kids and Marie leaved. Two Agents stepped out of the cruiser.

“Guten Tag, we are here for the girl,” One Agent said looking at Sweetie Belle. She whimpered in fear.

Heinz and Franz stood protectively in front of her. “Isn't this a bit of a waste of time and resources? Going after one girl when the Resistance is still at large elsewhere?”

The other Agent laughed. “We are only here to ask her some Questions. There is nothing to fear.” Franz didn’t believe a single word.

Before he or Heinz, could react they were both knocked out by a swift pistol-whip from both Agents. “You can make it easy on yourself or do this the hard way. Your choice.”

“I come with you. Just don’t hurt me, or my friends,” Sweetie Belle begged.

“We managed to ambush the Resistance leaders but they escaped. We need to find out what they are planning. This is where you come in. We need an informant. You will report to us periodically. In return, neither of your friends or you will be harmed. If you refuse, we will deport your friends.”

“O-okay I do it.”

“Good. But you need to come with us so we can prepare you for your task.” Sweetie belle sobbed quietly while she was brought away.


Sean was on his mission to bring the Aurora back. In General Eckhardts house he overheard a conversation between the General and Franziska. “What of the filly?”

“The Gestapo has her.”

“Excellent. When we get back to Paris, I want you to personally interrogate her.”

“That Bastard! I must warn them!” Sean thought, not knowing that it was already too late.

Author's Note:

What is the Gestapo planning? Well, you will see