• Published 21st Sep 2016
  • 758 Views, 26 Comments

The beauty of Paris - Bronycommander



You maybe asking youself, what's a unicorn filly doing in Paris? It's kind of a long story

  • ...
6
 26
 758

Chapter 4 The Saboteur and the dark side of the Germans

Chapter 4: The Saboteur and the dark side of the Germans

Franz was patrolling in the city again. He had to leave Heinz as he had a different Patrol route. Franz lived in Zone 1, but sometimes he patrolled in Zone 2 or 3. This time it was in Zone 2.

He saluted a Soldier that was passing by. Franz was at an alley when suddenly someone shouted, “Freeze!” It sounded like English with an Irish accent.

Franz stopped immediately. He was young and didn’t want to die. Heinz managed that Franz and he could stay in France and would not be sent to the eastern front.

“Hands up!” Franz obeyed. “Move in the alley, slowly.” In the alley the voice said, “Turn around.” Franz trembled in fear that his life was going to end.

The voice belonged to the Soldier he saluted. Franz recognized him as the Saboteur.

“I will ask you a Question and you will answer it understand?” Franz just nodded.

“P-Please don’t kill me; I tell you everything I know.” He begged.

“I need to find a man named Josef Bryman. Do you know where he is?” Franz heard that a young German was held near the Arc De Triomphe.

“I have heard that he is near the Arc De Triomphe. This is all I know. Honest, I do not know more.”

“Thank you for your cooperation. And I won’t kill you because you are a good guy unlike these other Jackboots. I have seen how you helped that woman instead of killing her like the other Soldiers would have done. I hate this Regime just as much as you do. And if your ‘daughter’ should get into trouble, I will help her. You have my word as an Irishmen.”
He patted him on the shoulder before he quietly left the alley.

Franz was too shocked to reach for his whistle and sound the Alarm.

When he realized what happened, he was relieved that the Saboteur spared him.
Nobody would believe this. He thought, should he tell this someone.


Tom and Eva lived near the house of Marie and it wasn’t a long way, so they walked.
They smiled as Sweetie Belle was chatting with Jules and Lily what they could do next. Suddenly they were stopped by a squad of Soldiers.

“You, stop!”

“Why? We have done nothing,” Marie replied.

The Leader of the Soldiers, an officer just pointed at her, “You all face the Wall! You are all under arrest because you are suspected to work with the Resistance!”

They all faced the wall. Jules, Lily and Sweetie Belle were scared to death. “That must be a misunderstanding. We do not know anything about the Resistance. We are innocent,” Tom tried to explain but the officer slapped him.

“Shut up! We are authorized to do anything to stop the Resistance. Men, load your weapons! We will teach this Saboteur not to mess with us.”

“Yes, Sir!”

Before they could do anything, they were killed by silent gunshots. A man called out, “Killing defenseless women and Children? Not on my watch.”

Marie comforted Sweetie Belle, while Eva comforted her Children. “Thank you. I thought already we were dead,” Tom let out a sigh of relief.

“Nothing to thanks, it’s my Job as the Saboteur to protect you.” The Saboteur disguised as Soldier, gave the Children some Chocolate before he left. They were so scared that they cried themselves to sleep.

“Now we should get home before curfew is in effect. Goodbye.” Tom left with Jules in his arms, Lily in her mother’s arms.

Marie brought Sweetie Belle into bed. She shivered in her sleep. “Don’t worry Sweetie Belle, Mommy is here,” Marie spoke in a calming voice to her.

Franz entered the house. “I heard about the execution, are you alright?” He asked with concern.

“I’m fine. But Sweetie Belle was scared to death.” Franz looked sad over her and gave her a kiss on the forehead.
“You not gonna believe this…”

He told her about his encounter with the Saboteur. “Sounds like the Saboteur is a pretty nice guy. Back at the Eifel Tower, he kissed me to end the Alarm. But I think we should catch some sleep.” She blushed.

“He did? He has some strange ways to hide. I wonder how that even works. Anyway, you’re right Marie, goodnight.” Franz went into bed but was concerned about Sweetie Belle’s safety.

Author's Note:

Seems that even the Saboteur has sympathy for Sweetie Belle. But she also has seen the dark side of the Germans. The Saboteur will be playing a bigger role in the next chapters.

As a side note, the Soldiers in the game are programmed to salute each other when passing by, but never salute the player when he passes them in a disguise. Odd, isn't it?