• Published 21st Sep 2016
  • 757 Views, 26 Comments

The beauty of Paris - Bronycommander



You maybe asking youself, what's a unicorn filly doing in Paris? It's kind of a long story

  • ...
6
 26
 757

Chapter 1 The Sabotage

Chapter 1: The Sabotage

Occupied Paris 1941

Franz Klein, a simple rifleman of the Wehrmacht patrolled through the streets of Paris. A Thunderstorm came. It didn’t bother Franz. Even when it rained, Paris retained its beauty. But even if he liked Paris, Franz hated it to see how the civilians were humiliated by his comrades. When they first invaded Paris, they had order to show themselves of their best side.
But all this vanished, when the Gestapo and the SS came. On his patrol, he saluted a Wehrmacht officer that was his best friend. Heinz Zimmermann. Heinz let out a sigh. “Does that rain ever stop?”

“Doesn’t look like it will stop soon. Anyway, still in the Rain, Paris looks beautiful, isn’t it?”

“You’re right. Did you hear about the Saboteur?”

Their chat was cut off when a woman tripped. She cowered in fear when Franz wanted to help her up. “Please don’t hurt me.”

“It's fine. Here.” He answered in French and gave her his hand.

“Thank you.”

“Nothing to thanks, I always help people. But now, you should better go home before the curfew is in effect.” He smiled and tipped his cap. The woman just nodded and went home.

Unlike his comrades, he respected the French people and treated them well. “It’s a shame. They are afraid of us. All because of the propaganda, the SS and the Gestapo."

“I know. Hey how about a drink at the Belle? I invite you.”

“Thanks. When should we meet at the…” Franz was cut off by an Explosion.

“Did you hear that?”

“Yes. Let’s investigate that.” Heinz had drawn his Kruger pistol, while Franz got his Carbine. A guard tower was destroyed.

“It was determined the Saboteur, no doubt.” Franz moved slowly and careful. A Sturmwagen was already here to drop off Soldiers. But they found nothing.

Franz was about to go on patrol again, until he heard crying. It came out of an alley. It sounded like a child calling for her mother or sister. “Poor kid. We must help Heinz.
Hello? Is there someone?” He called out.

A frightened, “Please, don’t hurt me. I hid here when I heard the scary noise,” came out of the alley in German.

Scary noise? The child must be near the explosion.

“You can come out, it’s safe now.” Franz and Heinz were surprised a see a unicorn filly with a white coat, green eyes and a pink and purple mane. The filly cried into Franz pants. “Shh, calm down.” Franz gently stroked the filly’s mane. It looked up to the German with black hair and green eyes.

“Thank you mister…”

“Klein. Franz Klein.” Thunder came causing the filly to cry more.

Franz comforted it. “Shh, I’m here for you, Shh. Come with me. You are freezing in this rain and could get a cold.”

“But Sir, I don’t want to get your uniform wet.“

“Don’t worry, it’s only water.” Franz gently picked her up. “I get her to my home in Paris.”

“I come with you. “

Franz lived with a young woman. Her name was Marie Belmont. Before the war she was a wife and a mother. Now she was neither. When the Germans invaded France, she lost both. Franz however after it was over cheered her up. In return, he could live with her instead in the barracks.

“Marie, I’m home! And I have a guest.” He called out.

“Welcome back, Franz. Oh, hello Heinz.”

"Hello Marie.” Heinz was also a good friend of her. He had brown hair and green eyes. Both Germans could speak fluently French and could also understand English.

The gramophone played the finger points to you by Maxayn.

“Heinz, would you so nice to get a towel from the bathroom?”

“But of course, my friend.”

Marie smiled. “And who are you, you cute child?”

“Sweetie Belle.”

“Nice to meet you. I’m Marie Belmont.”

“And I’m Heinz Zimmermann. Franz’s best friend and superior.”

He dried Sweetie Belle. “Thank you for saving me.”

“No need to thank us.”

“So you found her when she was in danger?” Marie was worried.

“Not exactly. The Saboteur had destroyed a guard tower. She was scared by the explosion. Are you hurt?” Franz asked Sweetie Belle.

“No not a scratch. But where am I?”

“In France on the planet earth. We have the Year 1941,” Heinz explained.

“Are you at War? I saw so many Soldiers, guard towers and so many posters of you.”

“Well, yes.” Franz explained her how the Second World War started and how they defeated France without going into the dark details of it.

Sweetie Belle shivered in fear. “In Equestria, we had only one War that was 1000 years ago.”

“Don’t you worry, you can stay here. And we protect you,” Franz said. “But how did you end up here?”

Sweetie Belle’s ears dropped. “Unicorns can use magic. I practiced some Magic, and landed here for some reason.”

“Do you want us to tell about your Family?” Maria asked hoping that this would not make Sweetie Belle sadder.

“I was born in Ponyville. My parents are also unicorns. I have a big sister named Rarity. She is a Fashion designer. I have two friends. A Pegasus pony named Scootaloo and an earth pony named Apple Bloom. Together we are the Cutie Mark Crusaders. We’re helping ponies, to get their Cutie Marks.

It represents the special talent of a pony. Mine is singing. We also have an anthem. Do you want to hear it?” Her Cutie Mark was a red, pink and purple shield with a star and musical note inside it.

“But of course.” Marie was curious. Sweetie Belle cleared her throat.

“Look, here, are three little ponies,
Ready to sing for this crowd,
Listen up, 'cause here's our story
I'm gonna sing it
Very loud.
When you're a younger pony
And your flank is very bare
Feels like the sun will never come
When your cutie mark's not there

So the three of us will fight the fight
There is nothing that we fear
We'll have to figure out what we'll do next

Till our cutie marks are here!

We are the Cutie Mark Crusaders
On a quest to find out who we are
And we will never stop the journey
Not until we have our cutie marks

They all say that you'll get your mark
When the time is really right
And you know just what you're supposed to do
And your talent comes to light

But it's not as easy as it sounds
And that waiting's hard to do
So we test our talents everywhere

Until our face is blue

We are the Cutie Mark Crusaders
On a quest to find out who we are
And we will never stop the journey
Not until we have our cutie marks

We are the Cutie Mark Crusaders
On a quest to find out who we are
And we will never stop the journey
Not until we have our cutie marks!!”

Marie, Heinz and Franz enjoyed her singing but saw she tried to hold back tears.
“That was beautiful! You are a brilliant singer.” Sweetie Belle blushed.

“Thank you Marie. I just miss them already.”

“Don’t worry; I am sure they will not give up until they have found you.”

"You sure, Franz?”

“Yes, my dear.”

“Are you hungry, Sweetie Belle?” Marie brought some Croissants. They were still warm. Sweetie Belle’s stomach growled.

“Thanks.” She let out a cute yawn after she enjoyed her meal.

“Looks like someone is tired. You can sleep in the bed of my son.” Marie and Franz lead her to the bed.

“Goodnight, Sweetie Belle.” Heinz called out before he left.

Sweetie Belle giggled when she saw the teddy bear on the bed. Marie let out a sigh. It was always painful to see the empty room.
“Marie, if you don’t mind, how was your Son?”

“He was great. He and his father were killed by a bomb on their way to the market when the invasion started.”

“Sorry to hear that. I hope my sister and parents aren’t worried too much.”

“Don’t worry; I’m sure they will find you.”

“You’re right Franz. As long as I have faith, I know that they will find me.” With these Words she, fell asleep, Teddy bear in her arms.

Franz and Marie smiled. “She looks like an Angel.”

“Yes she does. I just hope that Dierker doesn’t find her. I can’t image what he would do to her.”

“You’re worrying too much Franz.” Marie gave Sweetie Belle a kiss on the forehead before she and Franz went into bed.

Author's Note:

May i show how my third story set in the Saboteur game universe. A good game and it was odd to me that nobody has made a story of this game yet, so here's mine.
I thought Sweetie Belle was perfect for this because of her singing voice and the jazz music in the game.

For more infomation about the game go here
If you want to know how the soldiers in the game look click here
Art isn't my strengh, so you can make fanart or covers if you like.