• Published 21st Sep 2016
  • 758 Views, 26 Comments

The beauty of Paris - Bronycommander



You maybe asking youself, what's a unicorn filly doing in Paris? It's kind of a long story

  • ...
6
 26
 758

Chapter 3 The city of Love and friends

Chapter 3: The city of Love and friends

Franz woke up and rubbed his eyes. It was a beautiful morning. No rain, just the Sun. “Looks like it is going to be a great Day.” His inner thought was cut off by Hoof steps.

“Good morning Franz, I made you and Marie Breakfast.” Sweetie belle gave him a tray with a glass of juice and toast. It was delicious.

"It was delicious, Sweetie Belle.”

She smiled and blushed at the same time. “Thank you. When I made breakfast for my parents and Sister, it ended up burned. But I improved with the time.”

“So, you are ready for the sights of Paris?” Marie asked with joy.

“I'm so excited I could burst!” Her excitement was causing a spark of her horn.

Franz giggled. “Well, let’s go, shall we?” They walked outside to Marie’s car, a Renoir GS. It had served her well. It was not best car on the market but it was better than nothing.

Franz was driving. He turned the Radio on. It played Steve Sidwell - Walk the Walk.

Sweetie Belle enjoyed the tour. Still, she saw the many tanks and Soldiers. Marie and Franz told her that the best comes last.

While they were on their way, she heard a propaganda speaker, “Transit papers are required at all checkpoints. Persons without papers will be arrested.”

That scared her when they were approaching a checkpoint. “Don’t worry Sweetie Belle, I have the right papers. Just stay low.” Franz calmed her down.

“If your Papers are in order, you have nothing to fear.” The Guard said. Spotlights were on the car. But none of the Soldiers noticed Sweetie Belle. “The papers seem to be in order.” The gate to Zone 2 opened.

“Let’s go.”

They had to pass another Checkpoint. “Just a routine check, your papers please. “ Franz showed the Soldier his papers. "The papers are alright, carry on.”

“About time,” Marie said quiet.

Sweetie Belle’s eyes went wide when they reached their destination.

“Is that the Eiffel Tower?”

“Yes Sweetheart. It’s closed to the public but there is still a working elevator. Are you afraid of heights?”

“No, Franz.”

“Then, I hope that you are enjoying the view."

They were going to the third floor. “I almost forgot how beautiful the view here is.” Marie smiled when she saw Sweetie Belle laughing.

“I think I can see our house from here!”

On the way down, she asked, “I saw so many Soldiers and Tanks. What are they?”

“Those tanks you have seen are the AR-33, the most common tank in the city, used to guard key areas. The men in the black Uniforms are members of the SS. The Elite of our Army if I can say so.”

“Like the Royal Guard in Equestria?”

“Yes. The men in the Towers are Snipers of the SS. They are trained to fight with their rifles over long distances. And they are VERY accurate I must admit.”

As they were on the ground, Sweetie Belle spotted a Gestapo General.
“This man must be a very high ranking officer.”

“You are correct.” This is a Gestapo General. They lead all military operations. Like the agents they are trained see through any disguise of enemy agents. They have only a Kruger pistol, but have two SS Soldiers as bodyguards, sometimes up to three or even four.”

“And how does a Gestapo Agent looks like?”

“They are wearing black trench coats with a fedora to blend in with the crowd.”

“Interesting. Have I ever told you how I really like your Uniform? I’m sure my sister Rarity would like it too. But she would like those black coats of the Gestapo und SS even more.”

“I’m sure she would.” Marie could imagine how much Rarity would like it. Suddenly a whistle was blown. Sirens sounded.

“What is going on?” The young pony asked in fear.

“The Alarm sounded!” Franz got his rifle. “Stay here, I will be back soon.” He leaved to search the area. Out of nowhere, a man ran up to Marie.

“I apologize for this.”

He kissed her tightly on her lips. Two soldiers with MP40s were running past them but ignored them. The Alarm was over after their kiss.
“Well, the moment has passed, back to work!" The man said and left.

Both were stunned. “What just happened?”

“I think this was the Saboteur.” Marie was confused.

Franz returned. “Everything alright?”

“What? Oh, we’re fine,” Marie replied still confused. Franz ignored her behavior.

On the way home, they saw some children playing. Marie let out a tear as this remembered her of her Son.
Sweetie Belle stepped out of the car. One of the Children asked her, “Do you want to play with us?”

“Of course. Can I, Mommy?” She gave Marie Puppy eyes.

“Have Fun my dear.”

The Children, a boy and a girl played with Sweetie Belle completely oblivious that she was a real unicorn. The boy had brown hair with green eyes, the girl black hair with brown eyes.

Franz and Marie smiled as Sweetie Belle had found some friends of her age.
They even sang together. “Our parents want to make a picnic tomorrow on the countryside; to you want to come too?”

Before Sweetie Belle could answer, Marie spoke up, “Why not, the country’s lovely this time of year.”

“Hello Ms. Belmond and Herr Klein.” The boy and girl spoke together. They were old friends of Marie, befriended Franz and Heinz but didn’t know what happened to Marie’s family.

“Nice, tomorrow 8 o clock?” the girl asked.

“Good idea.” Franz smiled at her.

“Oh before I forget, I’m Jules and this is my sister Lily.”

“I am Lina,” Sweetie Belle said to avoid confusion.

“Okay, see you tomorrow!” Jules called out before they left.

Then Marie, Franz and Sweetie belle dined. “I'm looking forward to tomorrow.” Sweetie Belle grinned but yawned.

“Glad to hear it, but now time to sleep, so you have the energy for it, okay Sweetheart?”

“Yes Mommy. If that’s okay.” “I don’t mind if you call me mommy, Sweetie Belle.”

“And I won’t mind it if you call me Daddy.”

“Okay Daddy. I digest and go then to bed.”

"I didn’t know you were able to understand us.”

“Well, the magic in Equestria allows us to understand several languages. We call our language English like you humans, but even if you speak German or French, it’s still sounds like English to me.”

“Interesting, my dear.”

“I know, Marie.” Sweetie Belle went into the Living room.
After Franz and Marie had finished the cleaning, their hearts melted.

Sweetie belle was asleep on the floor. She had drawn something. It was a picture of her Family and friends.
Her sister had a white coat like her but blue eyes and a violet mane which was styled stylish. She had three Diamonds as Cutie Mark. Her father had also blue eyes and a white coat but a brown mane and a Moustache. His Cutie Mark was three American footballs. Sweetie Belle’s mother had also blue eyes, a pink coat and violet mane. She had three cookies as Cutie Mark. Under them were the words “I miss you.”

She had also drawn herself with Scootaloo and Apple Bloom. Scootaloo had an orange coat, purple eyes and a matching mane. She had a Wing with a lightning bolt as a Cutie Mark. Apple Bloom had a yellow coat, orange eyes, and a red mane with a purple bow. She had an Apple with a heart in it as Cutie Mark.

Under them were the Words “Cutie Mark Crusaders forever.” Marie hung the picture on the fridge. Her, and Franz heart broke. “She misses her friends and Family so much.” She brought Sweetie Belle into bed.

“But still, she gives me the happiness to be a mother and since you love kids so much, you would be a good father to her.” She kissed him on the cheek. Franz and Marie went with a blush into bed.

Marie was awakening by the beautiful Sunrise. She stretched herself.
“Good morning, Franz.”

Franz was preparing everything for the picnic. “Good morning, beautiful. I think Sweetie Belle is still asleep.” Marie blushed. She liked it when he complimented her.

Sweetie Belle was cuddling with the Teddy bear in her sleep. “Sweetie, it’s time to wake up.” She blinked her eyes open.

“Good morning, Mommy!” She exclaimed happy.

She trotted with Marie to the living room. “Good morning, Sweetie Belle, are you ready for the picnic?”

“But of course, Franz.”

They were surprised when they saw Heinz waiting outside with his Sturmwagen.
“Good morning you’re three. How are you doing, Sweetie Belle?” he kneeled down to her.

“I’m doing great!”

“Glad to hear it. Get in.” He was driving, with Franz as co-driver while Sweetie Belle and Marie were on the back seats. The Radio played Jan Stevens – Martini Lounge. Franz had packed some bread and Lemonade for Sweetie Belle.

“What car is this, Franz?”

“This is the Sturmwagen, the main patrol vehicle of the Wehrmacht. There are two versions of it. This is the normal variant made for deploying troops. For combat situations we have an armed variant with a mounted MG.” In front of them was a Bauer truck. “This is the Bauer truck. Our standard transport vehicle to, transport our troops to the frontline. Also used as a fuel truck.”
Sweetie Belle wasn’t a big fan of it but was listening with great interest.

She saw some men in gray coats. “Who are these men? They aren’t looking like they are from the SS.”

“They are the Heavy Soldiers of the Wehrmacht. They use the Trenchgun. The German army does not use Shotguns by standard. They were captured from the French army and the French Foreign Legion. I use the Carbine Rifle the standard rifle of the Wehrmacht.”

They approached the checkpoint that leaded to the country side. “Thank you, please carry on.” The Guard said.
Shortly before they reached their destination, Franz explained to her, “This is the ZP-750, the patrol motorcycle with a side car. It has also an armed variant. The Soldiers you saw at the checkpoint are using the MP40. Standard submachine gun mostly used by officers.”

“There you go. End of the line.” Heinz saw Jules and Lily. Sweetie Belle got out and greeted them with a big smile.

“Hello, it’s nice to see you two again.”

“You too. This is our Mommy Eva and our Daddy Tom.” Jules introduced his parents.

“Hello Lina. Your Costume looks very cute,” Eva commented.

“Thank you.”

“Well, let’s begin, shall we?” Tom prepared everything. Heinz had brought some chocolate for the kids. They enjoyed them.

After they had their picnic, Sweetie Belle played tag with Jules and Lily in the grass.
The adults watched them with smiles and talked about what happened when they saw each other the last time. “So, how did you make the costume?” Eva saw how Sweetie Belle giggled as a butterfly was on her nose.

Marie let out a sigh. There was no turning back now. “Can you keep a secret?”

“Of course. Why you’re asking?” Eva was confused.

“Because she’s not my daughter.”

“What?” Tom couldn’t believe it.

“It’s true.” Sweetie Belle told her story while Marie told her story.

Sweetie Belle was close to tears after finishing her story, but Jules and Lily hugged her to comfort her. “My condolences. But don’t worry. I won’t report her, despite the propaganda prompts. You have my word.” Eva promised her. Tom did the same.

“This is so exciting to meet a real unicorn. But you’re our best and only friend we have. All our other friends were taken by the Gestapo.” Jules smiled to cheer her up.

“Thank you. Should I show you some magic?”

“Yes please.” Lily was excited.

Sweetie Belle showed them some basic spells. “Do you smell that? Smells like something burned.”

“I can smell it too, Sweetie Belle.” Franz tried to find the source.

They saw smoke coming out of a ruin. They found a French tank. “What’s this?”

"A Foucalt. It originates from the First World War and was a part of France's desperate defense to stop the German invasion. Most were destroyed, leaving only a few left. Never thought, I would see one again,” Heinz explained.

Sweetie Belle looked at the tank, “I wonder if this tank is still working.”

“I’m sure it is, sweetie. But I must leave you. Duty calls.”
“Bye!” Franz and Heinz leaved with the Sturmwagen. Franz was oblivious that he would meet later the Saboteur personally.

Author's Note:

Sweetie Belle has finaly found some friends who also share her secret.
About the shotguns, it's the only explanation I can think of why they're use Shotguns in the game.
Also I like the feature in the game that you can kiss women to end the alarm but it would never work in real life. See you, guys!