• Published 21st Sep 2016
  • 758 Views, 26 Comments

The beauty of Paris - Bronycommander



You maybe asking youself, what's a unicorn filly doing in Paris? It's kind of a long story

  • ...
6
 26
 758

Chapter 2 Plans and past

Chapter 2: Plans and past

Franz woke up when he felt that someone tugged him. He blinked his eyes open. Sweetie Belle was shivering in fear with the Teddy bear in her arms.

“I had a nightmare, can I sleep with you?” She asked with a shivering voice.

“Of course.” Franz and Sweetie Belle were fast asleep.

Franz was in his early 20’s. He had no Family but had a crush on Marie. The beautiful brown hair and the blue eyes.
Also he liked children a lot.


The beautiful morning Sun came. Franz let out a yawn. He couldn’t help but smile when he saw how Sweetie Belle was sleeping peacefully, the Teddy bear was wrapped in her hooves.
He climbed out of the bed, letting her sleep and breakfasted.
Then he leaved.

During his patrol, he met Heinz again. “Morning Franz, how’s it going?”

“Very good, Sir.”

“Glad to hear it. Still want that drink I offered you?”

“You bet!” A Thunderstorm came. Franz lowered his head in defeat. “Seriously?”
Heinz just laughed. “Come on. Let this rain not stop you.”

In the Belle, the two Soldiers drank and talked about Sweetie Belle while listening to the music.
“So, what do you think about her, Heinz?”

“A cute and polite filly I must say. She had just the misfortune to be at the wrong place to the wrong time.” Then he had an Idea. “Hey, what about showing her Paris? I’m sure she would love it.”

“Good Idea. I will ask her when my shift is over.”


Sweetie Belle was waking up. She yawned and stretched herself. She looked out of the window. “Ugh, it’s raining again. Anyway, time for breakfast.” She thought before walking into the kitchen.

“Good morning, Sweetie Belle. I made you breakfast.” On the table were a bowl of oatmeal and a glass of juice. While Sweetie belle enjoyed it, she noticed how Marie was looking to some pictures on the wall. There were three pictures.

The first showed the wedding of Marie and her husband. The Second showed them with a newborn in Marie’s arms. They were smiling. Sweetie belle knew from her parents, how this was such a beautiful moment. The last one was a Family picture. The son looked like he was six years old.

“It was very good, Marie.” Marie gave her a weak smile.

“Glad to hear it.” She let out a sigh. “Sorry, it’s just there's not a day goes by I don't think about them.”

“It’s okay Marie.” She hugged her. “If you don’t mind, I am interested how you become such a good friend to Franz.” Marie smiled at her.

“It all began shortly after I lost my Husband and Son…”

After she heard how the Germans attacked them, she prayed for the safety of her Family.
Then there was a knock on the front door. Marie answered the door. It was a Soldier of the French army. “Are you Marie Belmont?”

“Yes. Is something wrong?”

"I have something to tell you about your family.”

“No. This can’t be happening.” Marie sobbed.

“Sadly it is.” The Soldier spoke with a voice that showed his condolences.

Before Marie broke out in tears, she asked, “Soldier. I must know. Was it quick?”

"Qui. Quick and painless. Sorry, but I must go.”

Marie broke out in tears and cried uncontrollably.

Three months later

The Germans reached Paris. France surrendered. Marie saw the German Soldiers on the Street performing a victory parade. The Civilians had to cooperate with the Soldiers.
A young German opened the Door. He was Marie’s roommate now. “I don’t resist. You can do anything with me you like.” Marie knew what he would do.

But to her surprise, he said in a calming tone in French, “I won’t harm you. I’m just here because I need a place to stay.”

“You can have my bed.”

“You can keep it. I sleep on the couch.”

Marie didn’t expect that the Soldier would be so nice to her. She had seen how other Germans were rude to the citizens of Paris.
“I lost my Son and Husband. I can’t live like this.”

“I'm sorry for the deaths of the innocent. But it is in the war, Marie Belmont, right? I was drafted in the army. I had lost my parents, when I was just a child. I know this feeling. But I am just a follower of the regime. I’m just glad when this is over as you are. My Name is Franz Klein.”
In an attempt to cheer her up, he hugged Marie and patted her back.

“Thank you, Mister Klein. I needed that.”

"Please, Franz is just fine.”

To keep Marie happy, Franz helped her in the house, defended her when it was necessary and went shopping for her. Even when she was sick, he helped her.
After a while, he introduced her, his friend Heinz, who was also kindly to her. Franz also told her how much he liked kids and how much he helped them or anyone in need. They talked to each other in French, English and German. This was the beginning of a beautiful friendship.

Sweetie Belle smiled. “This was great! Should I tell you how I met my friends?”

“Of course my dear."

“Ok, here we go…”

Sweetie Belle told Marie how she met Apple Bloom and Scootaloo, how they formed the Cutie Cark Crusaders and how she got her Cutie Mark.

Marie listened with great interest. She never felt so happy before.
Both didn’t notice that Franz was already back and heard everything.
“Sounds like you have great friends and a great Family.”

“Franz!” Sweetie Belle was happy to see him.

“Hey Sweetheart, how about we show you Paris tomorrow? It’s a beautiful City.”

“Good idea to me. Only one problem: With that strong surveillance, how we make sure that the gestapo doesn’t notice me? I don’t want wanna end in a lab.” She shivered at the thought.

“Don’t worry, I will just tell that you are Marie’s daughter in a costume. This should work.”

“If you say so.”

“Enough talking, time for Dinner.” Sweetie Belle’s stomach growled.

“You’re right.”

After a delicious Dinner, Marie brought Sweetie Belle to bed. She read her a bedtime story.
Franz was busy cleaning the kitchen, so he could not hear about what the story was.

Still, he smiled at the sleeping filly. “We met her just yesterday but she’s already like a daughter to me.” Franz whispered not to wake her.

“I know me too. And I think I have finally something to live for. Goodnight.”
Both went into bed with a big smile as they knew how great the next Day would be.

Author's Note:

There you have Chapter 2 and how Franz and Marie became to good friends. I'm sure Sweetie Belle will love the sights of Paris, don't you think?