• Published 7th Jan 2017
  • 3,229 Views, 34 Comments

Star Trek Online: Into The Multiverse - Admiral Wyatt Stone



Exploration, science, alliances, all of this the Federation stood for, now their goal has become much larger. Join Admiral Stone and the crew of the U.S.S. Chestnut as they voyage through a universe that stores some unexpected surprises.

  • ...
6
 34
 3,229

Chapter VIII: Protecting the Gates

~The Archive~


The entire area was now home to a fight as the Archive was blaring with weapons, magic, and arrows from the royal guards. The Terran numbers were quite high, and while the group was managing, they still were getting hurt pretty bad. Wyatt was able to take out a squad on the balcony on the upper level above the machine, he set his phaser to max setting, broke his cover, and took two shots, two of the soldiers were now vaporized as a third went to shoot Wyatt, who took cover behind the railing. His combadge then chirped again before he answered it. "Yeah? We're getting overrun here!"


Lon's voice spoke from his badge. "Sorry sir. Our "friends" have apparently brought some help, Mirror KDF and Romulan forces are on their way to assist, they should be there in a moment."


Wyatt smiled as he heard the mentioning of some help. "Thanks, Stone out!"


As Wyatt continued his defense, Twilight and Flash were knocking some of the guards off with theirs. Magic and arrows were pretty effective since the Terrans' armor wasn't apparently built for their skills, and Flash was apparently an excellent marksman at shooting. They took cover again as they planned their next move. "What's the next move, Twilight?"


She looked through the clear section of the railing, and saw what looked to be a gas tank. Not knowing what was in them, she looked to Wyatt, "Wyatt, what's in those gas tanks?!"


"I think it's supposed to be a plasma flow, and that tank holds a lot of it!" He answered.


"Alright Flash, you get the plasma tank, and I'll use my magic to make the gas expand upon it's explosion." Flash nodded and he waited for her to queue him. "....NOW!" He fired, and the tank exploded upon impact, the gas blew all around the soldiers near it, who suffocated and collapsed from the poisoning. The last one to fall attempted to shoot Twilight as she took a look at the damage.


"Twilight, LOOK OUT!!" He got her down on the ground before either of them were hit, he looked a Twilight, who was breathing heavily.


"Thanks." She said as she blushed for a moment, and Flash did the same for a moment before they got back up and continued their attack.


Dr. Hooves and Derpy were trying to help out too, they, along with Vinyl, Octavia, Lyra, and Bon Bon, had went to the weapons room to make some crazy doodads for weaponry before they left, and Derpy had made one that would be a tasty, and deadly, treat. She pulled out some muffins and took cover with the Doctor as she waited to throw them. The Doctor had apparently gotten the hang of his phaser, taking out several of the incoming troops on the bridge to the Archive, he looked to Derpy and asked, "Are you ready to throw them yet? They're coming up on us fast!"


Derpy answered, "Yeah, just give me the word!" The Doctor then waited for a moment before getting up and shooting more of the soldiers, he nodded to Derpy, who got up as well and threw the muffins at the soldiers, who slowed down to see what they were, only for the muffins to explode on them, blasting them away and down the bottomless pit below.


One of the now few incoming soldiers aimed his phaser at Derpy, but before she was hit, the Doctor got in the way. "Muffin, take cove-AAAAGGHH!!" He was hit on his left foreleg, but was still alive, he fell and Derpy caught him as she hid herself and the Doctor.


"DOC!!" She screamed once she caught him, he grunted as he assured her.


"Agh, I'll be fine, just a bit hurt."


She waved for a medic to help him as she held on to him. On the other side, Vinyl was holding off the troops while Octavia, Apple Bloom, Scootaloo, and Sweetie Belle were helping to deploy special turrets that they had built to disrupt comms for the Imperials, Vinyl then took cover once more. "Dang, they just don't stop! I think it's time we gave these a shot." She held out what appeared to be grenades, but they had a color tint matching Vinyl's Mane and Tail, she then handed out what appeared to be ear plugs, enough for the whole group. "Hand these to everyone, and then I can use the grenades!" The three fillies nodded and snuck to each group as they took cover, handed out the plugs, then returned to Vinyl. With the signal given, Vinyl threw the grenades out towards the balcony, a moment later, they exploded with an ear-destroying amount of noise, the Imperial soliders covered their ears and screamed in pain.


"Now's our chance, fire!!!" Everyone then broke cover and assaulted the soldiers, taking them out in ones and twos, before nearly eliminating the entire army of soldiers, leaving about one squad of them left.


"The group cheered briefly as they'd now taken out most of the troublesome scum, but as the final squadron kept their ground, a blade of energy struck one of the royal guards through his heart, killing him instantly. The group backed up as the wielder was revealed to be Wyatt's counterpart, with a Nanopulse bat'leth in his grasp, Wyatt stood upon seeing him and readied himself. "Sir!" Mioiil shouted and tossed a weapon similar to his counterpart's, he grabbed it with his mouth and activated it.


"Take care of that squad, he's mine!" He ordered before lunging at his darker self, the energy blades clashing with each other as they fought.


The guards were putting up quite a fight, they'd already set up defensive shields in front of them, making attacks with their main weapons useless. "What do we do now? We can't penetrate their shields without getting hit, and all the magic we have is almost drained!" Shining Armor yelled as they took cover. Bon Bon then looked from the glass in the railing and saw them taking cover behind their shields, she then took her chance and threw a small gas bomb at the soldiers. It exploded and she noticed some of the soldiers falling from the toxic gas, leaving two left.


"That'll give us a chance." She said, grinning as she and the group turned to watch the duel.


Wyatt and his counterpart were at it nonstop, the captain had been throwing several swings at the Admiral, but he had quite some agility, as well as good skill with a sword like the bat'leth, even in his pony form. The blades of both Warriors clashed constantly, With the Admiral scoring a scratch on his counterpart's flank. He grunted and took another swing, but instead hit Wyatt's blade again. Growing frustrated, he lunged onto the Admiral, pushing with all of his strength against his blade. As Wyatt was pushing back, he carefully turned the weapon, making one of the smaller blades cut through his counterpart's right foreleg, the devilish look in Captain Stone's eyes was being turned into a hurt look as he began to grit his teeth. The Admiral then kicked his counterpart off of him and knocked him back further as he sliced the captain's blade in half, as well as cutting his face a little.


As he was knocked down, he got up and slowly trotted over. "You give up yet?" He said with a victorious smirk.


"Nghh, Unfortunately," He pulled out an emergency transport device before finishing. "I have a more important task to attend to." He finished as he disappeared from sight. The Terran soldiers took their chance and shot at the Admiral, who used his bat'leth to deflect the laser fire, before they could take cover, the two soldiers were taken out by incoming KDF and Romulan forces, while a little late to the party, they came as expected.


Wyatt nodded to the warriors and went to check on his group, he saw Doctor Hooves' injury, and rushed over to him and Derpy. "How bad is it, Doc?"


"I'll live, but I may need a little help on walking." He replied as Derpy held him.


Wyatt then waved over a medical officer to treat him while he checked on the others, other than two of his officers as well as a royal guard, no one else was hurt. He tapped his combadge and spoke. "Stone to Sacramento, come in."


"Sacramento here, you alright down there, Admiral?" Lon asked.


"Yeah, Dr. Hooves is injured, but he'll be fine, my "old friend" has escaped back to his ship, he claimed that he had something more important to take care of."


"Got it, on our part, the Terran fleet is retreating, and I believe they've just made bigger plans, sir. As for the sphere, it's safe for now."


"Understood, beam us up and send some teams down here to manage the sphere Archive."


"Aye sir, Sacramento out."


He then tapped his combadge off as he turned to the group. "Everyone, grab your gear, things are about to get worse." The group nodded as they then began to gather their equipment and injured as he waited for his ship to pick them up. If the Empire had something bigger to take care of, then their superweapon must be arriving at Equestria soon.


Near the group, Twilight and Flash trotted over to Bon Bon, Moondancer, and the others, gathering them all together as she spoke. "Bon Bon, Moondancer, I think I'll need you two and your friends to handle my ship for the time being."


While they'd not even been to Starfleet Academy yet, they learned quite a bit during their time on her ship, Bon Bon asked her about her plan. "What's your idea?"


"It's something that we can't risk my ship with, but if this is involving the superweapon, then I think Wyatt and I can explain how this'll work on the ship, and you may not like it....."