• Published 7th Jan 2017
  • 3,229 Views, 34 Comments

Star Trek Online: Into The Multiverse - Admiral Wyatt Stone



Exploration, science, alliances, all of this the Federation stood for, now their goal has become much larger. Join Admiral Stone and the crew of the U.S.S. Chestnut as they voyage through a universe that stores some unexpected surprises.

  • ...
6
 34
 3,229

Chapter IV: Arrival of Newcomers - Part II

Meanwhile, in Ponyville...


Quite some time passed as the town was bustling with happiness, ponies filled the streets and talk of past events and personal life and lessons filled the air in Ponyville. It had been about 4 months since Twilight and her friends had been taken from Equestria by an unknown force, and now they had come back, and had also brought some new friends with them. The crew of the Chestnut had a fun time as everyone would call it, drinking some of the Apple family's Cider, hearing stories and jokes from each other, and of course, discussing what others liked. Princess Celestia, Princess Twilight, and Admiral Stone talked throughout the day of tales across the galaxy and the land of Equestria, as well as interesting scientific facts about Wyatt's home universe. Shining Armor and Cadence had also felt much better after seeing Twilight's face again, when she saw Flurry Heart again, she nearly ended the party with her still uncontrolled magic. Nonetheless, everyone was having quite a fun time during the party, when time was nearing evening, it was time for Diplomacy to step in, and despite having partied heavily, and some ponies being tired, they still felt like they wouldn't miss the talks for the world, besides, Twilight felt everyone deserved to know what had happened over the past 4 months. The start of the talks were a bit of "First Contact" type discussions, the Royal Sisters learning the history of the Federation and the other species in Wyatt's home universe and the other way around with him and his crew. It was quite a fun time for everyone, learning something new in the universe, and also revealing secrets that brought both shock and interest into everyone's minds.


It had been hours since they'd arrived, partied for a bit, and the talks had just about finished the discussion involving the Temporal Cold War as everyone was listening, the conference room wasn't just filled with Twilight, Wyatt's away team, and the Royal Sisters, but the entire town apparently grew quite curious of their new visitors, and with Wyatt and Celestia's approval, were allowed to stay and hear the talks in front of them, the room was full of noise as the next part of the talks was finished. "So, these three alien races plan to erase the Federation from the timeline because of actions they believe you've committed?" Celestia had asked the Admiral sitting to her right.


"Yes, a man who formerly served alongside a race known as the Krenim Imperium, Noye, had turned on us when he was looking through several datatapes and messages that were left in the computer after a failed experiment during the Iconian war, and he blames the Alliance for what was lost. Currently, we've had to deal with the Na'kuhl during raids on convoys, who blame us for not saving their homeworld with a device that a man named Kal Dano had used to save the home star in the Lukari system. We had recently dealt with one of their assault fleets before we arrived here." Wyatt sat in his chair as comfortably as he could as he heard murmuring from the crowd near them.


Celestia had given a worried look before finishing with, "That does seem to be a troublesome affair, with us on your side though, the tide of this war might change for the better."


"Indeed, your Highness. We could have a better chance of stopping anymore bloodshed with the Na'kuhl if your people could help out." He said with hope in his voice as he awaited the Princesses' response.


"Well, with diplomats such as Twilight here, there's a good chance of it." She finished with a smile on her face as she looked over to Twilight who was smiling as well.


A unicorn mare with a grey coat of fur and a mane and tail with purple and white spoke up from the crowd. "Speaking of my daughter, how did she get to where you came from?" A question that had peaked everyone's mind, what had Twilight gone through in the past months since her departure? Remembering to tell everypony about the incident, she cleared her throat and sat before beginning her explanation.


"Yes, that, I think it's about time everyone knows what happened to us. You see, after we were pulled into the portal, we came out into what we'd later come to know as the Federation frigate Omicron, and she wasn't in the best of shape, either. The hallway was in flames, but there wasn't too much to prevent us from getting to another part of the ship, it wasn't too easy though, the portal seemed to change our genetic structure into human form, making it harder to get around at first. After getting oriented, we tried to get out of that hallway but we got spotted by a group of Borg drones that were on board the ship, and if it weren't for a squad of Starfleet officers that was apparently ordered to find us, we would've been dead." The crowd gave slight gasps as they listened to her story. "After our rescue, we were then told that we had to evacuate the ship as it was about to be destroyed by a Borg cube near the ship. That's when another ship under Wyatt's command, the U.S.S. Enceladus, had arrived and beamed us off of the ship before it's destruction. After that, we then met Wyatt on the bridge of the ship, and a little later met his superior officer, Admiral Jorel Quinn, who offered us a position at Starfleet Academy after they found out our capabilities, and apparently, after looking through several old Earth data records." She paused for a moment with hesitation before she continued.


"And... since we had thought of the possibility that we would never return back here, we decided to try and build new lives in the Federation, and surprisingly, I was treated almost the same as here, and I felt Wyatt being like a mentor for me in the galaxy, always keeping a lookout for me and my friends, and we had all kept our hopes of finding a way of getting back to Equestria, and a way back was what we soon found. Onboard our ship, our scans had picked up an anomaly near the Argelius Sector, and upon arriving there, the portal had similar features to the one we saw, but it seemed to be much more stable than we remembered. When we launched a probe into it, we found that it lead into a system with the same characteristics as this one, and thus we made way through the portal and came out the other side into here. And thanks to Rarity, Spike and a few officers onboard, we managed to build a device that was able to change us back into our original forms, even with the same abilities."


The crowd made quiet gasps and murmurs as she finished, to the crowd, they were quite stunned about what she had been through, the Princess of Friendship and her friends had been in a world that almost none of them had seen nor been to, and they obviously had some new stuff to show them, the ships they flew, the new friends they had made, a lot was on their minds for the next day, however, the thoughts of the crowd were interrupted when a pony with a purple-pink fur coat and purple and light turquoise mane and tail, whom many had come to know as Starlight Glimmer, had spoke up from the crowd. "Um, Twilight, speaking of this portal, I was wanting to mention something that had happened this morning, when I went to see Trixie at Canterlot. I had been waiting for her there for about an hour before I got worried, and when I went to go check on her at her trailer, I didn't see her anywhere inside."


The crowd had made several surprised gasps as she finished, T'vrell then jumped onto the discussion. "Are you saying that your friend may have possibly been pulled into a similar anomaly earlier today?"


Starlight then responded with, "I think so, but unfortunately, I didn't see exactly what caused her to disappear so suddenly, I tried asking others if they saw her, but nopony told me, and I think that portal you mentioned might have been the cause."


Lon then joined in on the talk. "Do you think we could go with you to the trailer, if you know where it's at, T'vrell and I may be able to help."


Starlight then replied to his question with, "Yes, I remember where it's at, but I think we may need some guards to come with us."


Lon then answered her question about security issues. "Don't worry about that, if someone or something attacks us, our phasers will handle that, don't worry about any harm coming from them, they're locked on stun mode, it'll only knock them out." Starlight nodded after a moment, and the three then departed for the trailer.


Wyatt then popped a thought into his head, "Maybe Admiral Quinn can lend a hand here." He then spoke up about the issue. "Maybe someone I know can help out here, your Highness." He then tapped his combadge, which chirped a little before he spoke again. "Stone to Chestnut."


The voice of Commander Zarva then sounded from his badge. "Yes Sir?" He then continued on speaking.


"Zarva, a friend of Twilights has an issue that I think we can help out on, can you beam down a PADD containing any and all messages sent to me please?"


Zarva then spoke again. "You got it sir, it should be down there any minute."


Wyatt smiled a bit before he finished. "Thanks, Stone out." After tapping on his badge again, this time turning it off, he then turned to Celestia and spoke. "I think if your friend was taken, she might be somewhere in our universe, and if that's the case, I think my friend Admiral Quinn can help us out."


Celestia then answered with, "Thank you, Admiral, and about your visit, if there isn't a way to head back to your realm at the moment, we have plenty of places for you to stay."


Twilight then responded to her. "I think my friends and I can arrange that."


"Thanks Twilight." Wyatt said as he looked to Celestia and spoke. "In our universe, we left a beacon containing data regarding the portal, and we transmitted a signal for a friend of mine, Captain Va'kel Shon of the Enterprise should be able to find it and meet us here."


Celestia smiled as she finished with, "Excellent, perhaps we can make some way of connecting our two realms so that we may visit each others' universes."


"Yes, and meeting the captain and crew of the flagship of Starfleet, in my experience, I've heard it's quite an honor to meet them." He said as they waited for the PADD to be beamed down to their position, hopefully if they were to find any messages sent to Wyatt about the portal incidents, perhaps they could find Starlight's friend and get her back and explain the events that have happened...


~Trixie's Trailer~


It'd been a little over half an hour of walking until Trixie's home was in sight of Starlight, Lon, and T'vrell, and at this point, the sun had gone down past the mountains, bringing nightfall over the quiet land of Equestria. Fortunately for Starlight and the others, they had their lights to use for the search. When they finally reached the trailer, Lon decided to set up positions around the magician's home for scanning. Starlight had just went through how the scanning devices work, so she didn't seem to have any problems using it, especially testing it on the plants they walked by to get the hang of it. Lon then began his plan as he spoke.


"Alright, T'vrell, you get the closer exterior ring near the trailer, Starlight, you get the inside, and I'll get the farther exterior ring." They all nodded and made their way to their positions, Starlight used her magic to teleport herself inside the trailer, and while it was dark, she turned on a light inside of the trailer to see. She checked all of the rooms in the trailer, and as expected, found no sign of her best friend. While she was inside, she scanned the rooms inside, but didn't find anything that could be a clue to Trixie's disappearance. Disappointed, she teleported out of her friend's home and found T'vrell still getting scans of the surrounding area near the trailer.


Curious of what she may have found, she trotted up to her and asked, "I scanned the inside, but I didn't get nothing out of it. Did you find anything?"


After a moment longer of scanning, she spoke. "I believe I have found a clue to your friend's disappearance," Her ears perked up when she heard her. "while the portal is not active, I'm picking up traces of energy that could have been left from the aftermath of the portal, and not only are they almost gone, but they're disappearing faster the more they dissipate."


While she was a little down from the fact that the portal was gone, she was at least happy that they now had something to go off of. "We should go get Lon and report our findings."


The two then made their way up a hill where Lon was stationed at, he had obviously stopped his scans of the area, but he looked like he was seeing something over the hill. When they met up with him, they saw the sight he had his eyes on, it was the moon, a view that looked similar to Earth's sight of it's moon, but it had a bit of a purple tint to it, and a similar shape in the moon's surface, which was known to Equestria as "The Mare in the Moon", faced the darkened surface of it's world. From his eyes, Lon looked astounded at such a sight, and acknowledged their presence when he spoke.


"It's a beautiful sight, isn't it?" He said as Starlight looked up at the moon.


"Yeah, I think you can thank the Princess of the Night for that, she raises the moon every night."


Lon smiled as he stared at the moon for what felt like an eternity. "You know, on our world, our moon circles the planet in orbit, and rather than a being controlling it, the moon can be seen in both day and night, and while it's amazing to see, this is a sight I haven't seen for months, if not a year."


Starlight smiled as the three of them stood to admire the beauty of the moon resting in the night sky, the light of it's surface hitting them every second. While they hadn't found a way to get Trixie back into town, they at least had something they could use to trace her location, and at the same time, they witness a wondrous sight that most space voyagers rarely get to see regularly almost for as long as it shined in the night sky of Equis....