• Published 27th Aug 2016
  • 1,601 Views, 16 Comments

Aqua Butterfly: Tiny Pony, Big Friendship - RadiantSword



A heartwarming story about the Element of Kindness, Fluttershy, and the teeny tiny butterfly pony, Aqua Butterfly.

  • ...
7
 16
 1,601

Chapter 8 - Captured!

Fluttershy brought Aqua back home. "It's so wonderful to see my filly friends get along with you, Aqua." She said.

"Yup," Aqua said, "Sweetie Belle is a very sweet filly."

"Yes, Aqua." Fluttershy said.

"And her dollhouse is very cozy," Aqua said, "I wish I could live in a dollhouse."

"That would be nice, little Aqua," Fluttershy said, "Anyways, want to play outside?"

"Yes, please." Aqua said.

Fluttershy brought Aqua to the meadow, she saw a familiar butterfly pony on a daisy.

"Oh, hello, Princess Monarch." Fluttershy said.

"Hi, Fluttershy," Monarch said "I just dropped by to see how your animal friends are doing."

"Are they nice to you?" Fluttershy asked.

"Yes, although, a certain some bunny acts like it doesn't care." Monarch said, "Anyways, I am on scouting duty."

"Okay, what are you scouting for?" Fluttershy asked.

"A bat pony," Monarch said, "This ferocious pony is notorious for ruining crops and sucking up juice from fruit."

"I don't like the sound of it." Aqua said.

"Fortunately, the bat pony didn't target the meadow." Monarch said.

"I'm glad to hear." Fluttershy said.

"However, the bat pony is well hidden, so keep your eyes peeled for him." Monarch said.

"Can I search with you, Monarch?" Fluttershy asked.

"Sure," Monarch said, "Let's make sure Aqua is protected by your friends."

"Be careful, mama Fluttershy." Aqua said.

As Fluttershy and Monarch search for the mysterious bat pony, Aqua started playing with her insect friends.

"Wanna race?" Aqua asked her two dragonfly friends. The dragonflies nodded. Aqua raced with dragonflies across the pond, she was ahead of her winged insect friends. The butterflies were in change of calling the winner, they saw Aqua finish the race. The ladybug gave Aqua a crown made of flowers.

"That was fun," Aqua said, then asked "Wanna play the game of hide and seek?" The insects nodded. Aqua smiled and started to count while covering her eyes. The insects began to hide. "Ready or not, here I come!" Aqua called. She began to find her friends in the meadow, she found a butterfly in the tulip, a dragonfly under the grass, and a ladybug under the leaf. She's really good at hide and seek.

From the distance, a bat-winged pony heard giggling of the happy butterfly pony. "It appears that I found my prey." He grinned, then he heard stomping noises coming from the yellow goddess. "Drat!" He shouted, "Looks like I have to snatch my prey at night while that huge pony is distracted."

Fluttershy smiled and saw Aqua. "Did you have fun, little one?" Fluttershy asked.

"Yes, mama." Aqua replied, she yawned.

"Are you tired, Aqua?" Fluttershy asked.

"Yes, mama..." Aqua said, she flew onto Fluttershy's hoof and slept.

One night, at Fluttershy's Cottage, Fluttershy kissed Aqua before tucking her in her walnut shell cradle on the nightstand. Monarch kissed Aqua on her cheek. Fluttershy and Monarch sang a lullaby to Aqua. "Good night, little Aqua." Fluttershy said.

"Good night, mama." Aqua said. She watched Fluttershy and Monarch fall asleep and slept peacefully.

Later that night, a bat pony looked at the sleeping Aqua. "Excellent," He said, "Now's my chance to capture my prey." He took Aqua's cradle with him and flew away.

The next day, Fluttershy and Monarch woke up.

"Aqua, rise and shine." Fluttershy said with a smile. As she opened her eyes, she noticed that the cradle is gone. "Aqua?!" She gasped.

"What's wrong, Fluttershy?" Monarch said, she flew onto the nightstand and noticed the cradle's disappearance as well. "Oh, dear." She said.

"Aqua's gone." Fluttershy said, worried.

"Could this be the work of the bat pony?" Monarch asked.

"I don't know." Fluttershy said.

Author's Note:

Oh, dear. Aqua Butterfly has been captured by the mysterious bat pony. Where did Aqua wind up at? Find out next time.