• Published 27th Aug 2016
  • 1,601 Views, 16 Comments

Aqua Butterfly: Tiny Pony, Big Friendship - RadiantSword



A heartwarming story about the Element of Kindness, Fluttershy, and the teeny tiny butterfly pony, Aqua Butterfly.

  • ...
7
 16
 1,601

Chapter 1 - Dawn of the First Day

The next morning, Fluttershy woke up, she felt her tiny daughter sleeping inside her mane. She went to her kitchen to make breakfast. Inside the animal goddess' mane, the butterfly pony woke up after smelling Fluttershy's cooking.

"Something smells good," Aqua said, fascinated by the smell. She moseyed through the forest of pink mane to find out what the goddess is cooking. "What is mama cooking?" She asked.

While Fluttershy was cooking vegetables for breakfast, she could tell that Aqua was awake, but she stayed focused on finishing her cooking before calling her daughter. She placed the food on the table and called, "Rise and shine, my little sleepyhead."

The goddess' wake-up call went to Aqua's ears, she smiled and flew onto her mother's hoof. "Good morning, mama." She said, smiling at the goddess.

"Good morning, Aqua," Fluttershy said "I have prepared breakfast just for you." She showed Aqua the cooked petals, freshly picked from the daisy.

"Yummy!" Aqua cried and ate up the petals, which were the right size for her. "Delicious." She said, satisfied with her breakfast.

"Glad you like it, Aqua," Fluttershy said "My friends will be pleased to see you."

"You have more friends?" Aqua asked.

"Yes, of course." Fluttershy replied "Even mothers have friends. Want to know who they are?"

"Yes, please." Aqua said.

"Alright, these are my friends and what they are known for." Fluttershy said as she opened the book of friendship to show Aqua her friends.

"This is me," Fluttershy said, pointing at the picture of herself "I'm a pegasus pony. I have cared for animals and insects, I've also cared for my friends and family and have been kind to everypony. I hold the Element of Kindness."

"Wow..." Aqua said in awe "I'm so glad you're so kind to me, mama."

Fluttershy smiled and turned the page. "This is Applejack," she said, pointing at the picture of the orange earth pony "She is an earth pony. She is a hard-working farm mare of Sweet Apple Acres. She is very honest to everypony, which explains why she has the Element of Honesty."

"I've never tasted an apple, mama." Aqua said.

"Don't worry, Aqua, you'll have your opportunity." Fluttershy said, then turned the page. "This is Rarity," she said, pointing at the picture of the white unicorn pony "She is a unicorn pony. She runs the Carousel Boutique where fashion is sold. She holds the Element of Generosity, so don't be afraid to ask if you need something."

"Hope she makes clothing my size." Aqua said.

"I'm sure she will, Aqua." Fluttershy said, then turned the page again. "This is Pinkie Pie," she said, pointing at the picture of the pink earth pony "Like Applejack, she is an earth pony. She runs Sugarcube Corner, the party and bake shop. She's a party planner for birthdays, holidays, and more. She holds the Element of Laughter, so if you're sad, her jokes will make you feel better."

"Hope she has lots of jokes." Aqua said.

"Of course, Aqua." Fluttershy said, then turned to the next page. "This is Rainbow Dash," she said, pointing at the picture of the light blue pegasus pony with a rainbow mane "Like me, she is a pegasus pony. She is an incredibly fast pony, but she likes to hang out with her friends. She holds the Element of Loyalty, so she'll be here for you, no matter what."

"She's so cool..!" Aqua said in surprise.

Fluttershy nodded and turned another page. "This is Princess Twilight Sparkle," she said, pointing at the picture of the purple alicorn "She is the princess of friendship. She used to be a unicorn until she gained wings, now she's an alicorn. She holds the Element of Magic, the important part of friendship."

"Wow..!" Aqua said in awe "She's amazing..!"

"Yup." Fluttershy said "Want to meet my friends?"

"Yes, mama." Aqua replied.

Fluttershy smiled and placed Aqua in her mane. "It's decided, let's go meet my friends." she said. She left her cottage and set her destination to Twilight's Castle.

Author's Note:

It took a while to come up with the original story. My goal is to have my readers understand the origins of Aqua Butterfly. I'm looking forward to receiving feedback.