• Published 27th Aug 2016
  • 1,602 Views, 16 Comments

Aqua Butterfly: Tiny Pony, Big Friendship - RadiantSword



A heartwarming story about the Element of Kindness, Fluttershy, and the teeny tiny butterfly pony, Aqua Butterfly.

  • ...
7
 16
 1,602

Chapter 5 - The Hidden Kingdom

Fluttershy and Aqua found themselves in the mysterious realm. Fluttershy looked around and noticed that Twilight, Radiant, and Discord were missing. "Where is everypony?" Fluttershy asked.

Inside Fluttershy's mane, Aqua saw Radiant, Twilight, and Discord. She was surprised to find her once ginormous friends as tiny as herself. "Radiant?" Aqua asked, "Is that you?"

"Yes." Radiant replied, then asked, "What happened?"

"I don't know." Aqua replied.

"Aqua, why are you my size?" Twilight asked, she looked around in the forest of pink mane, "And what is this place?"

"Twily, this is mama's mane." Aqua said.

"But, how..?" Twilight asked.

"Don't tell me, we shrunk?" Discord asked. Aqua nodded.

"Fluttershy, can you hear me?" Radiant asked to the animal goddess.

Fluttershy heard a voice coming from her mane. "Radiant, is that you?" She asked, "Where are you?"

"Twilight, Discord, and I are inside your mane." Radiant replied.

"Oh, dear." Fluttershy said. She saw a tiny pony inside the flower, the same type she had grown back in her cottage. "Oh, I'm so sorry. I'm usually a very nice giantess to a butterfly pony." She said.

The butterfly ponies, which are Aqua's species, welcomed the kindhearted goddess.

Inside Fluttershy's mane, Aqua's wings began to glow. "What's happening..?" She asked. She peeped out of the goddess' mane and saw butterfly-winged ponies. "Wow..." She said in awe. She flew down to the ground and saw several butterfly ponies. "Hello." She said as she waved her hoof "I am Aqua Butterfly," She pointed at the yellow goddess, "And this is my mama, Fluttershy."

The butterfly ponies began to chatter with each other, sharing thoughts and concerns about having a towering goddess as a butterfly pony's mother.

"This gargantuan pony's her mother?" A butterfly pony asked.

"Is it even possible?" Another butterfly pony asked.

"Guys, can you help me?" Aqua asked, "I want to know who I really am."

"I'll help." A dragonfly-winged pony said.

"Who are you?" Aqua asked.

"They call me Skyward Strike." Skyward introduced himself to Aqua.

"A pleasure to meet you, Skyward." Aqua said, shaking hooves with Skyward.

"So, why are you here?" Skyward asked.

"To know how my seed wound up in mama's cottage." Aqua said.

"Okay..?" Skyward said in confusion, "Well follow me. I will take you to Princess Monarch Butterfly."

Radiant, Twilight, and Discord all nodded and follow Aqua and Skyward.

Fluttershy and her friends explored the swamp. It was a home to various animals and insects, like frogs, fish, butterflies, and dragonflies. The tiny ponies and Discord hopped on the lily pad, and Radiant and Twilight used their wings to help the lily pad get across. Aqua saw a huge frog on another lily pad. "Uh... mama..?" Aqua shuddered.

"Don't worry, little Aqua," Fluttershy said, "It's just a frog." The frog nodded and looked at Fluttershy. "Are you hungry, little frog?" She asked.

"Frogs eat flies, right?" Discord asked.

"Yes, Discord." Radiant replied.

"I can lure the flies." Discord said. With a snap of the draconequus' fingers, flies came out of the old log. The frog got excited and started lashing out its tongue to catch flies.

"You did it, Discord." Aqua said. Discord nodded. The frog smiled warmly at the butterfly pony. "Excuse me, Mr. Frog, will you kindly help us get to Princess Monarch Butterfly's kingdom?" She asked. The frog nodded and allowed the ponies to pass.

Radiant, Twilight, and their friends were in the meadow and saw the majestic tree.

"We are almost there." Skyward said. He and his new friends arrived at the kingdom of the butterfly ponies. "Welcome to the Meadow of the Tulips." He said.

"Wow..." Aqua said.

"It's so beautiful." Fluttershy said. She looked at Radiant, "Sir Radiant, can you shrink me down to Aqua's size?" She asked.

"Sure." Radiant said. He used magic to shrink Fluttershy down to Aqua's size.

"Wow, mama, you're as small as me now." Aqua said.

"Unbelievable." Skyward said, then asked, "Are you ready to meet Princess Monarch at the Grand Butterfly Tree?"

"Yes." Radiant said. He and his friends follow Skyward to the Grand Butterfly Tree. Inside the tree, there is an orange butterfly pony with a yellow mane and cute magenta eyes.

"Welcome, everypony. I am Princess Monarch Butterfly." Monarch said.

"Princess Monarch?" Discord said curiously, "What a corny name."

"I beg your pardon?" Monarch asked.

"Don't mind him, he's just being sarcastic." Fluttershy said.

"Sorry, your majesty." Discord apologized.

"I'm Twilight Sparkle," Twilight said "The princess of friendship who knows about generosity, honesty, laughter, kindness, loyalty, and magic."

"I'm Radiant Sword," Radiant said "I'm the knight of friendship who serves Princes Twilight and her friends."

"I'm Discord," Discord said "The spirit of chaos and disharmony; well, I used to be that way until Fluttershy reformed me."

"I'm Fluttershy," Fluttershy said "I'm the pegasus pony who holds the Element of Kindness."

"I'm Aqua Butterfly," Aqua said to Monarch, "I'm looking for my actual mother. This yellow pony was temporarily my mother, but Twily wasn't too sure about the idea of raising me."

"Can you excuse us?" Monarch asked to Radiant, Twilight, Discord, and Fluttershy "I want to talk to Aqua."

"Sure." Fluttershy said.

"Aqua, follow me." Monarch said.

Aqua follows Monarch to her bedroom.

"I want to tell you something," Monarch said, "Before Fluttershy raised you... I was your mother." Aqua was shocked. "Did the truth surprise you?" She asked.

"Yes," Aqua said, then asked "Can you tell me the story?"

"Yes." Monarch replied. "About five moons ago, we lived as a happy family. We played with insects and rodents, made meals together, and helped my kingdom. But everything changed when the mysterious bat-winged pony attacked; it was targeting you, Aqua. I transformed you into a seed and carried you through the Everfree Forest. I hid from enormous hostile creatures as I carried you. Eventually, I reached the homelike tree, where I saw a yellow pony doing her housework. She seemed devoted to even the tiniest creatures. Before she saw me, I placed you on the table, kissed you, and flew away."

"I see." Aqua said.

"I hope you are Fluttershy are getting along." Monarch said.

"Yes." Aqua replied.

Aqua and Monarch met up with Fluttershy at the table. "How's the conversation?" Fluttershy asked. Monarch told the same story to Fluttershy. "Oh, I see." She said.

"Were you a good mother when you raised Aqua?" Monarch asked.

"Yes." Fluttershy replied.

"That's good to know," Monarch said "Aqua can stay with you as long as she wants."

"Oh, thank you." Fluttershy said.

"You're welcome." Monarch said, smiling.

"Do you know the way back to my cottage?" Fluttershy asked.

"Yes," Monarch said "The portal to your cottage is hidden in my bedroom. Follow me." Fluttershy and her friends follow the butterfly pony princess to her bedroom. Monarch pushed the book on the bookshelf, revealing a hidden entrance to the portal room. "Here's your way back to your cottage, Fluttershy." She said.

"Before we leave, here's your gift." Radiant said. He gave Monarch a rose with five leaves forming a star-shaped pattern.

"Oh, thank you." Monarch said.

"You're welcome." Radiant replied.

"Your mama loves you." Monarch said before giving a kiss on Aqua's cheek.

"We are going home!" Discord cried.

Fluttershy and her friends, including Aqua, stepped into the portal.

At Fluttershy's cottage in Equestria, a portal appeared. Fluttershy and her friends stepped out of the portal. Radiant used his magic to turn everypony, except for Aqua, back to normal size.

"Home sweet home." Fluttershy said.

"That was... Interesting." Discord said.

"At least we had fun," Twilight said, "And I have learned lots of information about butterfly ponies."

"That's good." Radiant said.

"I'm glad I got to stay with mama Fluttershy." Aqua said.

"Me too." Fluttershy said.

"Well, thank you for having us over." Twilight said.

"See you tomorrow." Radiant said. He and Twilight left Fluttershy's Cottage.

"Bye, Twilight. Bye, Radiant." Fluttershy said as she waved her hoof.

"Good heavens, look at the time," Discord said, looking at his pocket watch, "I gotta go to bed."

"Good night, Discord." Fluttershy said. She watched Discord disappear.

Aqua yawned. "Mama... I'm tired..." She said.

"Me too." Fluttershy replied. She kissed Aqua and felt her massaging her lips. "Good night, little Aqua." Fluttershy said.

"Good night, mama." Aqua said. She flew into Fluttershy's mane and slept. Fluttershy slept on her bed.

Author's Note:

This chapter feels like I'm playing The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap again. Next chapter, Aqua goes on the fantastic voyage.