• Published 21st Aug 2016
  • 4,311 Views, 123 Comments

The Secret Agent - SecretAgentPlotTwist



Reports of magic being used in Canterlot High School has caught the attention of a secret organisation. A young agent named Sweetie Drops is assigned to investigate. Unfortunately, it turns out the mission won't be as simple as first thought.

  • ...
7
 123
 4,311

The Final

Drops continued to limp down the road, holding on to the pain in her side as she did so. She had made a detour back to her apartment for some medical supplies and a few more gadgets, but now she desperately needed to get to the stadium.

As she drew closer, she could begin to hear the sound of singing. Her heart raced when she realised it was the Sirens.

Taking a shortcut through the field, she found herself on a hill looking out at the left of the stadium. She could just about see the Sirens performing. They sang an eerie song that filled her chest with dread.

Drops tapped the side of her sunglasses and they zoomed in so she could get a closer look. The first thing she noticed was that their necklaces were all glowing bright red. She knew that meant that immense power was running through them, and that power was most likely equestrian.

Drops looked down at her watch. It was still half an hour until the special division would get there, and there was no guarantee they could beat the sirens at their full strength.

Drops took out her glasses off and did her best to calm herself down. Taking out a little black ball from her pocket, she forced a confident look onto her face and began to make her way down behind the stadium.

“Bon-Bon, wait!”

Drops stopped and turned back around. To her surprise, she saw Lyra running after her. The first thought that passed through her mind was that she needed to keep on going, but then quickly realized having Lyra chase her straight into danger wasn’t good at all.

“What on earth are you doing?” Drops yelled at her.

“I could say the same to you,” Lyra said as she caught up to her. “What do you think you’re…” Lyra froze when she gave Drops a closer look. “What happened to you?”

Drops glanced down. Her now scruffy suit had blood stains and cuts all over it. She had managed to plaster any big cuts on her while at the apartment, but she knew she still looked like she’d been through hell. “That’s not important. I don’t even have time for this. I need to go!”

She turned to keep walking but was stopped by Lyra who grabbed onto her hand. “Bon-Bon, stop lying to me. I’ve had enough of it,” she pleaded. “I don’t know what’s going on here but I’m terrified that you’re about to do something stupid.”

Drops stared at her. She wasn’t wrong.

With a little glance at the stadium, she moved close to Lyra and grabbed both her hands. “Please, it’s not safe here. You need to run, find someplace to hide. I don’t know what I’d do if something happened to you.”

“Then tell me what’s going on here. Tell me honestly and I’ll go.”

Drops gave her a pained look. “Please, I’ll tell you everything once this is over. Just trust me.”

Lyra stayed silent, but then closed her eyes and nodded. “I trust you. Just don’t go and get yourself killed.”

Drops gave her a weak smile before she turned to run towards the stadium again. She glanced back one last time to see Lyra staying true to her word and leaving. She felt content knowing that Lyra would escape the fallout of whatever was going to happen now.

Once she reached the stage, she snuck into the back area and made her way up the ladder to the lighting equipment. Once there, she scanned the area for any beam that seemed integral to the structure.

She quickly found a metal beam next to the left wall that fitted the mark. She reached out to a couple of little beams and began to climb up to it, making sure they were secure as she did so. She placed her foot on one beam and leaned against the wall so that she was fixed in place.

She was right above the Dazzlings, who hadn’t noticed her and were continuing their performance. She could feel a powerful energy radiating off them that made her hairs stand on edge.

She placed the little black ball on the beam and wrapped some tape around it to hold it in place.

The back ball was a grenade. She had it leftover from one of her older missions. It was a contained explosion though, only useful for destroying structures, so she had left in the apartment when facing off against the Sirens.

Once the grenade went off, it would snap the beam and cause all the beams connected to it to fall, along with all the lighting equipment hanging over the Sirens’ heads.

This wouldn’t stop them indefinitely, but it might just stop them long enough for the agency division to arrive and defeat them.

The only issue was her escape route. The grenade had no accessible timer or remote detonator and would activate exactly five clicks after it was activated. Judging by how fast she could move and how far she had to go to be safe, she was cutting this extremely close.

She looked around to see if there were any faster routes she could take, but it was to no avail. She looked at her watch again, confirming that it was still twenty minutes until the division would arrive.

She glanced down towards the Sirens. Their energy was growing more intense by the second. If she was going to do this, she’d have to do it now.

Placing her shivering hand above the bomb’s activation button, she tried to steady her breathing. Looking back at her escape route, it became painfully obvious she’d get caught in the fallout. She tried to force her hand down, but faltered.

Despite everything going on around her, she took out her phone and scrolled down to her old mentor's number, Fast Glider.

Tell Lyra and Derpy that I’m sorry.

She hit send and slowly put her phone back in her pocket. She looked at her hand—which had stopped shaking—and at the bomb, before finally down at the Sirens.

There was a strong pulse of energy as the Sirens began to lift off the floor and flashes of light enveloped them in a strange bright darkness. Drops could see their full strength begin to return.

Alright, it’s now or never. She placed her hand above the switch and—

“Ooh, I’ve got the music in me.”

“Huh?”