• Published 10th Aug 2016
  • 307 Views, 0 Comments

Heroines of Equestria - Princess Angelica



Angelica and the Space Star Sisters discover a meteorite from outer space.

  • ...
 0
 307

In the Middle of Nowhere

In the Middle of Nowhere

Angelica was having a wonderful time. She was soaring towards the clouds, which vanished when they came in contact. Behind her, the Space Star Sisters were also flying in the sky, trying to catch up.

“Wow! This is so amazing!” cried Angelica, swooping through the atmosphere.

With her sisters nearby, they were speeding quite rapidly. They were travelling so quickly, they were leaving behind a colourful trail in their path.

“Come on, everypony!” yelled Seraphina, as she moved a few steps further ahead.

Soon, the Space Star Sisters were approaching a new land mass. They plunged down with incredible acceleration, before stopping to land safely onto the ground. Angelica was lagging behind, but she kept up with her sisters.

“There we go! Another successful journey!” declared Persephone, stretching herself on the spot.

“Now is time to find that meteorite!” announced Katherine, rushing off somewhere else.

“Yeah, let’s get going!” proclaimed Seraphina, preparing for another challenge.

So once again, they started to walk off. However, while they were going, they noticed that Angelica was standing completely still.

“I hate to tell you, but where exactly are we?” asked Angelica, realising the situtation they were all in.

For once, Angelica was quite right. The scenery around them looks not too lively. It was a barren wasteland with a few dried grass and pieces of parched rocks. Indeed, it was the most unforgiving place yet.

“It’s very easy to get lost here.” enquired Persephone, looking rather worried.

“I guess we better get out of here.” bemoaned Katherine, shaking her head.

“Perhaps we should, you know, carry on.” suggested Seraphina, as she headed towards another direction.

The Space Star Sisters migrated from each landscape to another. By now, they were becoming very exhausted. No matter how far they had travelled, they were getting nowhere.

“We’re not getting out of here at this rate.” sighed Persephone, feeling very disappointed.

“Hey, now what’s happening?” questioned Katherine, as she looked right up into the sky.

Suddenly, the sky went dark. Black clouds started to appear, easily blocking the view. As they came together, a loud, rumbling noise can be heard. While that occurred, a flash of electricity shot down, striking the ground under it.

“Aaaaaaah!” the Space Star Sisters screamed, as the thunder storm continued to rage on.

“Run away!” Seraphina yelled, ordering her sisters to take cover.

Desperate for shelter, the Space Star Sisters were running as fast they could. Fortunately, they were moving so quickly that the lightning barely caught up with them. Only until then, they noticed a vacant burrow ahead of them.

“Get over here!” Angelica called, making way for her sisters to come inside.

Once they got indoors, Angelica, Seraphina, Persephone and Katherine were cramped together in a small, confined area. They felt uncomfortable, but thankfully they found somewhere to hide.

“You think it’s safe to come out?” Seraphina asked, still recovering from stress.

“I think so.” Angelica replied, carefully sneaking away outside.

Emerging from the shelter, Angelica, Seraphina, Persephone and Katherine check to see if their path was clear. Fortunately, the storm had subsided. They all gathered together, deciding where to go next.

“Now, where were we?” Katherine questioned, eager to continue their journey.

“I think it’s that way.” Persephone answered, pointing towards a nearby direction.

“Well, I suggest we move on.” Seraphina insisted, leading her sisters on the way.

“Uh, guys?” Angelica enquired, feeling quite nervous.

Suddenly, something else appeared in the sky. This time, it was so familiar. It was zooming towards them, with the sound of leathery wings flapping. It swooped down, claws outstretched, onto the ground as it landed with a thud.

“Emperor Harmodius!” Seraphina shouted, not quite believing her very own eyes. “What are you doing here?”

The qilin raised his long neck, shook his furry mane and stared at the Space Star Sisters with proud eyes.

“I had come to discover the meteorite myself.” Harmodius stated, with an essence of confidence in his voice. “That is, until I encountered you on the way.”

“I guess you want to join us.” Persephone beckoned, mused by the reason for the qilin’s presence.

“Correct.” Harmodius responded, with an honest expression. “Now, would I offer you assistance?”

“Oh, yeah!” Katherine cried, always enthusiastic for something waiting to happen.

“Then get on my back.” Harmodius ordered, slowly crouching down as he stretched his wings.

The Space Star Sisters did exactly what they were told, climbing onto the qilin and sitting together comfortably. Once they were all aboard, Harmodius stood up, began to speed up rapidly and took off just as his wings stretched again. In a few seconds, he flew up to the sky.

“Hey! I can’t keep up!” Angelica yelled, trying to hold on firmly so much that she almost lost her grip but only quickly grabbing Seraphina’s tail stopped her flinging off.

Meanwhile, Harmodius was rapidly soaring through the atmosphere. He was rapidly speeding towards the clouds, each of which vanished as soon as he reached them. He glided as swiftly as his wide wings would carry him. But for now, he was looking for somewhere to land.

“My friends.” Harmodius, announced as he approached another new landscape. “It seems that we are coming towards our next destination.”

Suddenly, Harmodius aimed downwards towards the ground. As the Space Star Sisters held on tightly, he flew really low. He finally landed with a thud, as he crouched down by lowering his wings.

“You may be dismissed.” Harmodius declared, as he turned to face the Space Star Sisters.

Angelica, Seraphina, Persephone and Katherine all climbed off the qilin’s back, relieved that the fateful trip was over.

“Wow!” Angelica cried, noticing how the scenario had changed around her. “Now where are we?”

“I do believe that we have reached the correct direction.” Harmodius replied, as he turned his head to look around the surrounding environment. “The frozen arctic.”

By the time Harmodius and the Space Star Sisters knew where they were, they realised that were in fact in the frozen arctic. Around them, everything was covered in thick layers of ice. There was pale snow everywhere. The trees and rocks were also coated in sheets of frost. Even the atmosphere turned chilly, turning into a freezing temperature. It became so cold that the weather suddenly turned harsh.

“Oh my.” Angelica commented, struggling to protect herself from the incoming hailstorm. “Are you sure this is the right location?”

“Yes, I am sure that is indeed it.” Harmodius answered, nonchalantly. “But for now, I am afraid that I must make haste. Farewell.”

Suddenly, the qilin began raise to his wide wings again and then swiftly flew up into the distance.

“I guess this is it.” Seraphina proclaimed, confident with the situation.

“I suppose it’s time to get going.” Persephone declared, knowing what must be done.

“Then what are you waiting for?” Katherine enquired, eager to continue. “Let’s get a move on!”

Before long, the Space Star Sisters were off again, marching across the polar landscape. Despite the harsh condition, they were determined to search for the meteorite. Angelica struggled to keep up, but she managed to follow closely with her sisters.

“Maybe this can’t be too bad after all.” Angelica said, carefully trying to navigate across the environment.

Once they went on, they had come across a rather long bridge. It was made of wood, suspended with ropes tied to the poles.

“Do you think it’s safe to go on?” Angelica asked, not sure if the bridge was the safest route to be possible.

“Yeah, I think so.” Seraphina replied, trying to measure how far they can go by looking onward.

They suddenly began to cross the bridge, by carefully taking each turn. As steadily as they can, they were moving very slowly. At last, they had reached to the end.

“Now it’s show time!” Angelica called, suddenly rushing off into the distance.

The Space Star Sisters followed onward and soon prepared themselves for yet another mission by travelling towards the destination of where the meteorite is located.