• Published 10th Aug 2016
  • 307 Views, 0 Comments

Heroines of Equestria - Princess Angelica



Angelica and the Space Star Sisters discover a meteorite from outer space.

  • ...
 0
 307

The Thing From Above

The Thing From Above

Angelica was dashing along the landscape, eager to discover the strange thing that she just saw. Following behind her, the Space Star Sisters were also determined to find out things extraordinary. Nevertheless, they were always ready to face anything waiting for them.

“It must be around here somewhere!” declared Angelica, still searching for whatever the strange thing was.

“Maybe it decides to go wherever it wants to.” proclaimed Katherine, always confident with things happening.

“Things don’t work that way.” rebuked Persephone, in a nagging tone.

“Oh, like you can make stuff up!” snapped Katherine, irritated by a sudden remark.

Noticing her sisters’ rising anger, Seraphina placed both wings around their necks.

“Ladies, trust me, arguments just aren’t worth having.” she told them in a calm manner.

“Well, I think it went that way!” shouted Angelica, running off to the distance.

“I guess we better get going.” persuaded Seraphina, as she, Persephone and Katherine soon followed close by.

After what seems like hours later, the Space Star Sisters were restlessly migrating across the vast landscape of Equestria.

“Are you sure that it was real?” asked Seraphina, concerned about how far they had gone.

“Of course! That’s the whole point!” replied Angelica, determined to discover whatever it was that appeared.

“What were we thinking? Now we’re going nowhere!” cried Persephone, realising the situation they were in.

“Don’t worry, I’m sure we can find it by now.” comforted Seraphina, always sure about what is going on.

Suddenly, the world had gone completely dark. A huge shadow was lurking over everything underneath it, the wind was howling rapidly and a loud screeching noise can be heard many miles from a far away distance.

“It’s bad enough we’re going nowhere, now it’s getting late already.” groaned Katherine, cringing.

“Wait, that’s not it.” enquired Angelica, noticing that it was something quite familiar.

Sure enough, it was quite familiar. As the shadow expanded, something crash landed onto the ground. It was a creature, but it was no ordinary one. It was a qilin, a strange beast that is a hybrid between a horse and a dragon. It had a long horn on its head, sharp fangs, a lengthy neck, pointed claws at its hooves, wide wings with membranes and an extended tail. It also had a long, hairy beard that was coloured white like clouds. It was coloured bright red and its mane was coloured orange. Its cutie mark was sort of like a star that was coloured gold. Suddenly, the Space Star Sisters had realised who this was.

“Emperor Harmodius.” stated Seraphina, as she, Persephone and Katherine gradually bowed down.

“Well, such pleasure that we meet once again.” the qilin spoke in a deep, rumbling voice.

“Oh, hi.” shuddered Angelica, being nervous at the fact of a newcomer in her presence.

“I would like to introduce you to Angelica, our newest member.” announced Seraphina, focusing her attention to her younger sister.

“Hey, I’ve never met you before.” murmured Angelica, coming long as quitely as she could do so.

“Indeed. I do believe that this is the first time I have met you.” said Harmodius, his eyes staring down at the young alicorn.

“It was quite an honour.” proclaimed Persephone, in an embarrassed tone.

“Much appreciated about that.” answered Katherine, standing proud as ever.

“Tell me, what brings you here?” grunted Harmodius, his tone getting more serious.

“We’re looking for a strange thing that fell from the sky.” replied Seraphina, remembering why they were here.

“Yeah, it looked so dazzling and it was going down very fast!” exclaimed Angelica, eager to discover whatever it was.

“Hmph? Now that is interesting. Well, it seems that thing is what experts like me call a meteorite.” declared Harmodius, preparing to give a lecture to the Space Star Sisters.

“A meteorite?” questioned Angelica, not sure about what that really meant.

“A meteorite. It is a type of stone that had originated from the vast depths of outer space. It generates mass energy once as it soon reaches the atmosphere.” explained Harmodius, turning his attention towards the sky.

“So how did it even get there?” questioned Seraphina, wanting to learn more about this spectacular topic.

“If a meteorite enters the atmosphere, it gets affected by gravity as its speed accelerates. Its direction can be dependent on velocity and mass. Therefore it will cause impact once it collides with the earth.” clarified Harmodius, looking down at the ground.

“I never knew we had learned something new!” chirped Persephone, bewildered how this topic has taught her.

“I shall have to find out when I think about that!” squealed Katherine, fascinated about learning this latest subject.

“Of course. Now according to my calculations, you must head to the alpine mountains, turn left at the frozen arctic, and keep going until you reach the tropical forest. It is located in the arid desert on the right.” instructed Harmodius, describing the location.

“You can always trust us, we’ll find it in no time!” declared Seraphina, looking as confident as ever.

“Well, I grant you best wishes. Now if you excuse me, I must leave.” concluded Harmodius, as he stretched his wings, began to take off and flew away into the distance.

“You think what he said was true?” asked Angelica, remembering the advice that was given to her.

“Yeah, I’m sure that was right.” replied Seraphina, knowing what to do next.

“So if we know our direction, we have to get moving!” answered Persephone, pointing to where they were heading.

“What are we waiting for? Come on then!” responded Katherine, rushing towards the next destination.

Seraphina and Persephone joined Katherine, with Angelica following behind them.

“Let’s go find the meteorite!” called Angelica, ready for a new challenge.

So with a new destination ahead of them, the Space Star Sisters continued their journey. They were eager to discover the secret mystery of the meteorite. Nevertheless, they were always prepared to face whatever stands in their way.