• Published 10th Aug 2016
  • 307 Views, 0 Comments

Heroines of Equestria - Princess Angelica



Angelica and the Space Star Sisters discover a meteorite from outer space.

  • ...
 0
 307

The Arrival of an Ancient Enemy

The Arrival of an Ancient Enemy

As the Space Star Star Sisters were travelling inside the cavern, they were feeling so desperate. With their magic horns, they generated enough light to brighten up the surrounding area. Everywhere around the cavern, there are several bats flying pass the ponies.

“I think we’re a bit lost.” Angelica bemoaned, aware of her surroundings.

“I’m sure we know our direction.” Seraphina comforted, encouraging her sister to keep going.

“The smell is getting worse.” Persephone grumbled, as she waved off the stench.

“This place looks really untidy.” Katherine muttered, avoiding contact with anything around her.

Meanwhile, the strange creature appeared to be following them. It watched them with anticipation. It sneaked in the shadows, while it remained completely silent.

“Do you realise we’re being watched?” Angelica asked, looking right behind her.

“Well, I don’t see anything.” Seraphina replied, moving further ahead.

By now, the ponies reached towards a different area of the cavern. It was a dungeon, surrounded by gravestones. The mere sight of those were enough to make the ponies feel uneasy.

“Who would even bury the deceased far underground?” Persephone enquired, feeling discomforted.

“That is so unnatural.” Katherine remarked, cringing by a bit.

“Relax, there’s no need to worry.” Seraphina declared, trying to calm down the situation.

“Is it just me, or are we being watched?” Angelica queried, looking at everything around her.

As they walked throughout the dungeon, the ponies came across something eerie. It was a buffalo carcass, which was decaying and had an unpleasant smell. The ponies had backed away, feeling disturbed.

“Okay, now I’m scared.” Persephone grumbled, holding up her nose.

“I just did not see that coming.” Katherine muttered, trying not to look back.

“I wonder what happened?” Seraphina commented, with a confused expression.

“Uh, fellows?” Angelica whined, trying to get her sisters’ attention.

Suddenly, the ponies noticed the gravestones starting to tremble. The gravestones appeared to be more cracked. As they gradually collapsed, the ground beneath them became shattered.

“We have a problem.” Angelica warned, hiding behind her sisters.

All of a sudden, dark spirits emerged from the ground. They appeared to have the heads and forelegs of a horse, and were coloured black with purple eyes. Each of them circled around the ponies, preparing to attack.

“Ghosts!” Seraphina shouted, as her horn generated a magic aura.

Immediately, the ghosts quickly rushed towards the ponies. They opened their mouths wide, revealing their very sharp fangs. Fortunately, the ponies avoided them just in time.

“We have to get rid of them!” Persephone cried, getting ready to fight.

“Let’s bring it on!” Katherine yelled, with her magic aura glowing.

Soon, the ponies began to fight against hordes of ghosts. They conjured magic spells to kill as many ghosts as possible. However, more ghosts had appeared while they launched their magic beams.

“Hit them when they’re down!” Seraphina demanded, tackling one of the ghosts.

Despite her best efforts, Seraphina had realised that she was cornered by the ghosts. However, she knew exactly what to do next. She began to charge up her horn, generating enough magic. Her horn suddenly unleashed a powerful beam of light, killing all the ghosts approaching her. She came back to help her sisters.

“Nice shot!” Persephone admired, appreciating Seraphina’s special technique.

“That was very good!” Katherine congratulated, before facing another ghost.

Meanwhile, Angelica was struggling against a ghost. She launched a magic spell at the ghost, but that only caused it to snarl in frustration. With no other choice, she decided to flee.

“There are too many of them!” Angelica shouted, running towards her sisters.

“Don’t worry, we can defeat them at this rate!” Seraphina declared, feeling so confident.

As the ponies became outnumbered by the ghosts, they gathered around together. They were completely surrounded, as the ghosts gradually approached them. All hope was lost, until Seraphina had yet another idea.

“Everypony power up your magic now!” Seraphina commanded, charging up her horn.

Persephone, Katherine and Angelica did they were told, as they prepared to perform Seraphina’s special technique. Once they all generated enough magic, they unleashed powerful beams of light. Soon, every ghost around the dungeon had been finally killed.

“Well done, everypony!” Seraphina affirmed, before looking around the now empty dungeon.

“Yeah, that was great!” Persephone concurred, proud of her work.

“That was the best we had ever done!” Katherine boasted, doing a dramatic pose.

While this was happening, the strange creature watched them from a distance.

“Hey, what’s happening now?” Angelica questioned, still aware of the surrounding area.

All of a sudden, the strange creature quickly emerged from the shadows.

“Watch out!” Seraphina warned, noticing the strange creature.

As soon as the strange creature revealed itself, the ponies realised what it was. It was a qilin, with a long horn on its head, a lengthy neck, pointed claws at its hooves, wide wings with membranes and an extended tail. However, it appeared to be coloured dull blue, with a long purple mane. Its beard was coloured black like the eternal darkness. It had dark yellow fangs, which smelled like bad breath. Its most distinguished characteristic was its blood red eyes, one which was covered by its mane and the other was scarred by a facial wound extended to the neck. Another thing was a cutie mark that appeared to resemble a skull coloured silver.

“Isn’t that Harmodius?” Katherine asked, with a rather confused look.

“I don’t think that’s him.” Persephone replied, pointing out the obvious differences.

“Who are you?” Seraphina questioned, feeling disturbed by this newcomer.

The qilin hesitated for the moment, just before finally noticing the ponies. He turned his head to face them, with an ominous expression. He opened his jaws very wide, as he prepared to speak.

“Inferior imbeciles! Thou shalt fear the wrath of Emperor Drakethor!” the qilin roared, in a voice with an eerie tone.

“Gee, you should keep your voice down.” Katherine shushed, covering her ears.

“Your breath smells awful.” Persephone murmured, holding up her nose.

“And I never understood what you said.” Angelica remarked, frightened by the newcomer’s presence.

“Silence! Now thou shalt be punished to thy doom!” Drakethor growled, quickly lunging towards the ponies.

The ponies suddenly watched in horror, as Drakethor’s horn began to generate dark magic. He unleashed the spells, which zoomed towards the ponies. They quickly avoided the spells by jumping out of the way.

“We’re to exhausted to fight!” Persephone yelled, feeling so worried.

“We’re out of magic!” Katherine shouted, generating just enough to launch a weak spell.

“Let’s do the best as we can!” Seraphina commanded, instructing her sisters not to give up.

The ponies gathered around together, before separating from each other. They avoided dark magic spells aimed towards them, as they ran in all directions. Despite that, Drakethor raised his head and began to spit acid venom at Seraphina.

“Aaagh!” Seraphina screamed, as the acid venom knocked her unconscious.

“I shalt devour thy soul!” Drakethor snarled, walking towards the pink pony.

Before Drakethor could harm Seraphina, the other ponies rushed to her aid. They surrounded their sister, while trying to ward off Drakethor. As they were trapped, something appeared at a nearby corner.

“Look, a portal! Let’s get out of there!” Angelica cried, as she, Persephone and Katherine carried Seraphina with their strength.

The ponies ran quickly towards the portal, carrying their fallen sister as they possibly can. Drakethor chased after them, attempting to prevent them from escaping. The portal disappeared as all the ponies had entered, leaving Drakethor to roar in anger.

“Are you okay, Serah?” Angelica comforted, trying to wake up her sister.

Soon, the Space Star Sisters had ended up in somewhere else in another area.