• Published 3rd Aug 2016
  • 2,218 Views, 53 Comments

Mighty Morphin' Kaiju Rangers: An EQG Crossover - Bahamut0



A new threat has arisen in the EQG world. An evil monster known as king ghidorah leads his army of aliens and mutants to conquer Earth, starting with CHS! But new heroes have risen to battle this evil. Go Go kaiju rangers!

  • ...
13
 53
 2,218

Chapter 3: Explanations

Ghidorah's forces, known as trilopods began their advance on Canterlot. As civilians fleed the oncoming invaders, it seemed as if nothing could stand in the way of this menace. Unfortunately for Ghidorah's minions, they hadn't counted on one thing.

"Hey ugly!", the trilopod barely had any time to pinpoint the voice's origin before receiving a kick to the face. "Pick on someone your own size!"

"This is no time to get cocky Rodan. They might not be much in terms of raw power, but they still got the advantage in numbers!". Anguirus and Rodan were engaging the invaders downtown, with Junior and Lea following closely.

"No matter how many we strike down they just keep coming!"

"Goji! I think now would be a good time to bust out the heavy duty gear!"

"Good idea Lea! Alright guys, let's show these creeps what we're really made of!"

The rangers then summoned their weapons to bring a quick end to the battle. Junior summoned his atomic flame sword and blaster, taking down trilopods left and right with lightning fast strikes and blaster fire. Rodan whipped out his wrist-mounted heat beam blasters and activated his suit's wings, letting him rain fire down upon his foes. Anguirus called out his gauntlets and greaves, which he put to good use bashing aliens all over the place. Lea used her power bow to fire bolts of energy and take out enemies out of her reach. It wasn't long before King Ghidorah's "mighty invasion force" was destroyed, and the would-be conqueror wasn't happy about it.

"HOW?! How could my forces be defeated by such a miniscule group of warriors!?! WHO ARE YOU?!", Ghidorah howled in rage.

Junior answered as he and the others turned to face the furious hologram of the invaders' leader, "Listen up Ghidorah! Earth isn't for the taking! No matter how hard you try, we'll stop you! Because we're the kaiju rangers!"

"Very well kaiju rangers, enjoy your victory while you can. But mark my words, you've not seen the last of me! I have far more powerful minions lying in wait!"

As King Ghidorah's hologram faded from view, the citizens of Canterlot cheered for their newest heroes as rangers warped back to the alley where Sunset and her friends had discovered their secret and were waiting for them after the battle. As Junior and his friends powered down, Rainbow Dash was the first to congratulate them.

"THAT...WAS...AWESOME!!!"

"You certainly showed those ruffians a thing or two!", Rarity added.

"Way to give those varmints the what-for!", Applejack cheered. Pinkie was already cooking up the idea for thanks-for-saving-the-city-from-evil-aliens-party. Fluttershy's response was a little less vocal.

"yay!"

Sunset and Twilight still couldn't believe what they saw, and were speechless until Twilight worked up the nerve to speak. "Sooo....weren't all of you going to explain how you turned into superheroes right about now?"

Junior promptly replied "You're right Twilight, but here isn't the best place to explain.", Junior then activated his communicator,"Moll, Lora, do you read me? Get ready to teleport us and seven others to the command center. A couple of our friends found out our secret."

"Understood Junior. Teleporting now!"

In a flash of light, the rangers and their friends were teleported to the command center. Twin girls, one wearing red and one wearing blue greeted them.

"I'm Moll!", the red twin greeted.

"And I'm Lora!" the one in blue said.

"Pleased to meet you all!", the twins said in unison.

"Moll, Lora, allow me to introduce our friends.", Junior got right to introductions and pointed to each of Sunset and her friends as he mentioned them, "These are Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, Applejack, Fluttershy, Rarity, Twilight Sparkle, and Sunset Shimmer. Welcome to the command center!".

Sunset then asked the burning question, "So, how are you all able to turn into costumed superheroes?".

"Easy!", Rodan replied as he took our a belt-buckle-like device, "With these beauties, our morphers! Each one has an icon in the center with our respective kaiju on it! The same goes for our ranger suits!"

"Okay, but who built this command center and gave you the morphers?"

"That would be me.", said a serene voice. It belonged to white-skinned woman with long brown hair and blue eyes, who was wearing a dress that seemed to be patterned after the wings of a butterfly.

"Hi Mom!", Lea said.

Sunset and her friends nearly screamed at the top of their lungs "MOM?!".

Mothra only gave a light chuckle "Yes, Mom. And to answer your question Ms. Shimmer, I choose them all to become rangers. I sensed the looming threat of King Ghidorah, and had Lea find three youths with courage, determination, loyalty, and kindness.

"It also helped that those three just so happened to be my closest friends. ", Lea added with a small giggle.

"But, how did you build this whole place?"

"Now Sunset, you didn't think you and your friends were the only ones with magic did you? All of my ancestors and my daughter all have powerful magic. And it only gets stronger every generation. That's how I was able to construct this base.".

"I guess we all have more in common than I thought.", said Sunset.

"You're referring to the magical disturbances you and your friends have dealt with right?", Lea asked.

"Yeah, and don't worry. We promise not to tell anyone your secret."

"We Pinkie Promise!", Pinkie interjected. Everyone had a good laugh, until the warning alarm picked up mutant bio-signs.

Anguirus was the first to pull up the monitor We've got trouble! It looks like Ghidorah's sent one of his mutants to attack the city! His name's Krystallak, and he's currently trashing the shopping district!"

Junior turned to Sunset and her friends "You should stay here, but that doesn't mean you can't be of any help. You can communicate with us from the command center, so feel free to give us tips on how we might be able to defeat tough opponents!"

"Don't worry Big G, you can count on us!", Rainbow boasted.

"Come back safe.", Fluttershy called out.

"Good luck guys!" Sunset yelled.

Author's Note:

Next Chapter: The rangers tackle their first monster battle, and the megazord makes it's grand entrance!