• Published 3rd Aug 2016
  • 2,218 Views, 53 Comments

Mighty Morphin' Kaiju Rangers: An EQG Crossover - Bahamut0



A new threat has arisen in the EQG world. An evil monster known as king ghidorah leads his army of aliens and mutants to conquer Earth, starting with CHS! But new heroes have risen to battle this evil. Go Go kaiju rangers!

  • ...
13
 53
 2,218

Chapter 10: Shell Shocked

Gamera was bored out of his skull. All he could do on Solgell Island was sit, fish, and wait until Junior and the others sent him word of their battles. While he was considered part of the team, Gamera lacked one crucial component that would let him fight alongside the rangers. A morpher. Laying on the sand, he sighed in lament of his sentence of semi-infinite boredom, "It's not like they need another new megazord. But I bet Junior, Anguirus, and Rodan's megazord could use a right arm. The tail becoming the left arm seems to put it off balance.". As Gamera was musing the possibility of becoming a ranger, Mothra was listening in on his thinking-out-loud. Knowing how helpful it was to have an extra ranger on-hand, Mothra smiled and materialized a power coin and morpher to send to the young guardian. A sudden flash of light turned Gamera's attention from his day-dreams to reality. In front of him lay a morpher and a power coin that seemed to resonate in his presence. Gamera's mouth broke into a full-blown grin as he inserted the coin into his new morpher, "Guess I'm needed. Better answer the call! IT'S MORPHIN' TIME!", Gamera cried as he morphed and teleported to Canterlot.

Meanwhile on King Ghidorah's ship, the would-be conqueror was striking a deal with a desperate alien monarch. "And if we defeat these "kaiju rangers", you will grant us a home on Earth?". The tyrant put on a fake air of sincerity, "You have my word Queen Legion. Once you beat the rangers, I will grant you a space for you and your people. Trust me.", Ghidorah said with a fake smile. Queen Legion knew something was wrong when she agreed to King Ghidorah's conditions, but she had no choice. Her people's world was destroyed, and Earth was the only planet that was close enough to make a journey where all her children would survive, "I...accept your offer King Ghidorah. I will defeat these rangers, but not for your sake! What I do, I do for my people.", Legion said with steel in her voice.

As she left, King Ghidorah chuckled darkly, "And now, I have made a queen my pawn."

At CHS, the rangers were enjoying their first quiet day in a long while. Until the received a message from Moll and Lora saying there was an enormous mass of alien bio-signs down town. "We don't know exactly how many there are, but they don't seem to be attacking. If anything, they seem to stop to let civilians evacuate.", the twins said in unison. Junior was puzzled. Aliens that weren't hostile? Maybe this was a trap, or maybe they were in some sort of trouble. Either way, he couldn't let this matter go without investigating it. "Alright guys, let's go see what our visitors want. ".

At the same time, Gamera was making good use of his ranger suit's rocket boots when he also detected the mass of alien bio-signs, "Weird, they aren't attacking. I guess I should see if I can help them find what they're looking for."

Queen Legion breathed a sigh of relief. No humans had been harmed, and her soldiers hadn't needed to make use of their weapons to drive away any of them. All that was left was to wait for the kaiju rangers, and hope that they would surrender peacefully. While Legion was willing to abide by the terms of King Ghidorah's deal, she would prefer it if things did not come to blows. Earth offered a new home and safe refuge form the monster that destroyed her and her people's planet. And she would prefer it if her new rule wasn't written in strife and pain. Soon enough, the rangers arrived on the scene. Queen Legion turned her attention to the rangers and addressed them, "Greetings kaiju rangers. I am Queen Legion."

Junior stepped forth, "Hello your highness. I'm the Godzilla ranger, leader of the team. Thank you for coming peacefully, but I must ask what brings you here? Is there something you need our help with? Please, don't hesitate to tell us."

Legion started to feel torn up inside. These noble warriors were willing to help them, but Ghidorah's terms were clear, "I'm sorry to say there is. We need you to surrender. I've made an agreement with an enemy of yours, King Ghidorah. But please understand, I take no joy in this task. Our home planet was destroyed by a space monster, and Earth was the closest planet that could sustain my people. It was then that I made contact with King Ghidorah. He made me a deal I couldn't refuse. He said if I defeated you, he would grant us a space on this world to live on. Please surrender now. I don't want anyone to get hurt."

Rodan's temper boiled forth at that point, "You actually trust that scumbag?! Do you honestly believe he'll keep his word?!"

Xenilla was next to protest, "Queen Legion, I can understand why you're doing this. But Rodan is right, Ghidorah is an honorless scoundrel! He will use any and all means to get what he wants, and will pay any cost to retrieve what he desires! We want to help you, but this world is our home! And we can't let King Ghidorah rule it! All would suffer under his rule!"

Queen Legion sadly shook her head, "I'm sorry about this too, please forgive me. Stand back my children! I won't put any of you at risk!", Legion yelled as she charged her lance with energy and launched a volley of lasers at the rangers. However, the lasers were stopped by a mysterious figure wielding a shield that looked like a giant turtle shell.

Gamera lowered his shield and turned to his friends, "Hey guys! Am I late to the party?"

Queen Legion was in awe, nothing could have stood up to a barrage of that scale. Shaking out of her wonder, she fired of one volley of lasers after another in the hope of Gamera's shield reaching the limit of it's endurance. Instead, Gamera's shield absorbed all of the blasts and released them as a single reflected shot right back at her!

As Legion was knocked to the ground from the blast, Ghidorah descended. "You have failed me fool. Perhaps I put too much faith in your desperation. Ah well, I'll simply finish what I started with your home planet. Farewell.", Ghidorah said with a cruel smile. Legion froze in shock. She had made a deal with the very same monster who laid her home to waste, and she cursed herself for trusting his word as she braced for the end.

But Gamera had other ideas, "Monster!", he cried as he leapt to Queen Legion's side, "You destroyed her world, and the used her to do your dirty work?! You're no king, Ghidorah! You're a coward!", Gamera cried as he blocked Ghidorah's blast and reflected it back to give the tyrant a taste of his own medicine.

Ghidorah scowled as he took note that the odds weren't in his favor, "Grrrrr...Next time Kaiju Rangers! I will see you destroyed!"

As King Ghidorah left, Queen Legion nervously stepped towards the rangers, "I'm so sorry. I can't believe how foolish I was! I feel so awful just because I even listened to his offer! I...".

Gamera put a hand on her shoulder, "You don't need to be sorry for anything. All you were doing was looking out for your people, your children. And you were willing to save them even if it meant risking your life. But there is a better way to find a home for yourselves on Earth. Try meeting with our leaders and explain your situation.".

Legion couldn't hold back the tears of joy falling down her face, "Thank You! Thank you so much! We all owe you a debt we can't repay!", she said as she and all her people bowed in respect.

"You owe us nothing your highness.", Lea said with a smile.

"After all,", Junior said with a chuckle, "friends don't have to owe each other anything. You know what means right?"

Queen Legion was puzzled, "We're friends?"

"Exactly!", Junior said with a grin.

"I've gotta throw a 'Happy Welcome to Earth New Alien Friends Party'", Pinkie said bouncing of the walls of the command center.

"Well Rarity,", teased Rainbow Dash, "looks like you'll get to meet royalty sooner than you thought!".

Sunset and Twilight couldn't contain their excitement, "I can't believe we get to meet people from a whole other planet!", Twilight almost screamed.

"You mean ones that are friendly for a change?", Sunset said jokingly. They all laughed as they thought fondly of their new friends from across the stars.

Author's Note:

Well, this is my first story so I'm not surprised it got so many dislikes. Still, feel free to leave suggestions in the comments if you feel there are things that could be improved. I greatly appreciate any reader input! Next time on Mighty Morphin' Kaiju Rangers: A new warrior appears that knows no loyalty on his quest to recover his path. Don't miss the debut of Monster X, in X Marks The Spot Part 1: Fall of the Kaiser!