• Published 3rd Aug 2016
  • 2,217 Views, 53 Comments

Mighty Morphin' Kaiju Rangers: An EQG Crossover - Bahamut0



A new threat has arisen in the EQG world. An evil monster known as king ghidorah leads his army of aliens and mutants to conquer Earth, starting with CHS! But new heroes have risen to battle this evil. Go Go kaiju rangers!

  • ...
13
 53
 2,217

Chapter 16: March of the Mechas

Cold, empty darkness. It was all Mechagodzilla could remember after he literally fell apart after his last battle with the kaiju rangers. Fortunately, Belvera hadn't given up on her mechanical menace, and constructed him a new body. One with more weapons, and a sleeker appearance instead of the clunky scrap heap that was his last form. Now he was reborn as Super Mechagodzilla! And soon, the rangers would fall before his mechanized might!

Back on Earth, CHS was a buzz of conversation about the newest students that had just enrolled. The two new students were robots created by scientists all the way in Japan! Though they were machines, they could think and feel just like any other person on the planet.

The first mech had yellow on his shoulders, kneecaps, and the back of his palms; red on the outside of his forearms, his chest, sides, and on his lower legs; and blue around his neck and on his ankles. His eyes were an electric blue. "Hi! I'm Jet! Nice to meet all of you!", he greeted warmly.

The next robot looked a bit more fierce. He was mostly silver save for two red markings on his face, and his yellow optics. "Name's Kiryu.", he said flatly.

All the students were pretty welcoming of them, but none more so than the rangers and the Main 7.

Twilight could barely contain herself, "What kind of metal are you made of? What CPU do you run on? What's your power source?"

Rainbow Dash decided to step in before she overloaded the poor mechs, but also decided to ask a few questions herself. Just less scientific, "You guys look awesome! Like something out of a Japanese super hero cartoon! Can you fly? Do you have rocket-powered fists? Can you shoot lasers from you eyes? Do you transform into awesome vehicles?"

"Okay Rainbow, someone's been watching WAY too much anime.", Junior said, "Sorry about that you two."

"It's all good dude.", Jet replied, "You and all yours friends seem pretty cool! We'll have to hang out some time! What do you say Kiryu?"

"Jet, we're fully assembled machines. You don't need my permission. Besides, we could use some friendly faces besides our makers.", Kiryu said with a cheerful tone.

The rangers and the Main 7, went about the rest of their day with their new robo-buddies. That is, until the rangers' communicators went off. "Rangers! We've detected a robotic energy signature! It looks like Mechagodzilla got an upgrade since the last time you sent him to the scrap heap!", Moll and Lora said.

"Don't worry, we're on it!", Junior said as he and the other rangers went to teleport to the scene of the attack. Little did he know, he had been followed and observed.

"Looks like we're going to see some action sooner than we thought. Huh Kiryu?", Jet said.

"We'd better get going then. After all, you did want to meet the kaiju rangers in person didn't you?", Kiryu said.

Meanwhile the rangers came face to face with the new and improved Mechagodzilla. "Ah, I've been waiting for this moment rangers! Now with my new firepower, I'll send you all to the big scrap yard in the sky!", he cried as he fired a barrage of finger missiles at the rangers.

The rangers dodged, and then summoned their weapons. "Alright bolt brain!", Rodan yelled, "Let's see if you can shoot me down!", he cried as he took to the air and a dive-bomb at Mechagodzilla with his forearm blades! Destoroyah also took to the air and fired energy waves from her katana. Mechagodzilla then leaped into the air, and called on his jetpack and combined with it to give himself extra firepower and aerial support. He shot Rodan and Destoroyah down with a blast from his new jetpack cannons! Mechagodzilla then made several dive-bomb runs at the other rangers while shooting lasers from his eyes and mouth.

Lea powered up into her giga form and charged at Mechagodzilla, but he caught her off guard when he launched capture cables from his arms and sent shocks down them to knock her out! Junior then rushed him from behind and landed some hits with his blaster and at least one slash with his sword. Unfortunately, Mechagodzilla turned his torso around and caught Junior in a grapple! The sinister mecha then began to charge his plasma grenade, and at this range the blast would destroy him and Junior! Xenilla fired his corona blaster, Gamera let loose a barrage of fireballs his fireball cannon, and Anguirus launched wave after wave of blasts from his sonic cannon! The three of them hoped their onslaught would distract Mechagodzilla long enough to release Junior! Mechagodzilla suffered minimal damage, and responded in kind by firing a flurry of lasers from his eyes at them! Things seemed bleak, until the despair was broken by a shout!

"ROCKET PUNCH!", Jet screamed as he launched his forearm at Mechagodzilla, catching the mechanical menace by surprise long enough for Junior to escape. Jet wasn't finished with his assault yet, "PHOTON CANNON!", he cried as his left arm converted into a cannon that shot a powerful blast that knocked Mechagodzilla down! Kiryu landed soon, armed to the teeth with his weaponized jetpack and forearm-mounted laser cannons.

Mechagodzilla took note of the odds, and tried to reason with his fellow machines, "Hey guys, we're all sentient 'bots aren't we? Join me, and King Ghidorah will reward us with a city made solely for us mecha!"

"No thanks! We exist to protect this planet from villains like you who try to hurt innocent people!", Kiryu shouted in defiance, "Take this! All Out Assault!", Kiryu screamed as he fired a volley of rockets from his jetpack, and followed up with a barrage from his wrist-mounted laser cannons and finished it up with a maser bolt from his eyes!

King Ghidorah took note of his "improved" robot getting its' chassis kicked by the combined power of the rangers and the two heroic robots. "Time to see what Mechagodzilla can do with another upgrade! Potion Bomb!", he cried as he launched a potion bomb to enlarge his mechanical menace!

The rangers summoned their megazords, and the battle began anew! But then, Jet and Kiryu displayed an unknown ability. The two heroic mecha grew to the size of the megazords and joined in the fight! Jet managed to put one of Mechagodzilla's eye lasers out with a well placed kick to the face! Xen and Destoroyah's megazord sliced off one of his jetpack cannons with one swipe of their sword! Enraged from his decrease in firepower, Mechagodzilla fired his plasma grenade at the megazord Junior, Anguirus, Rodan, and Gamera were piloting! But Gamera blocked it with his shell shield! Kiryu took the chance to end the fight, and fired the absolute zero cannon from his chest, freezing Mechagodzilla solid. Unsheathing his energy wrist blades, he sliced Mechagodzilla to bits!

After school was out, Pinkie threw the two mecha a party to welcome them to CHS. Everyone laughed as Rodan and Jet both did the robot dance. However, no one expected Kiryu to be bouncing off the walls from having too much punch. It took almost all of them to get him to power down! Once the party was over the rangers, the mechas, and the main 7 headed home. It was a long day, and they all needed to recharge their batteries.

Author's Note:

Well, that does it for chapter 16! Next chapter will be the last one, so I hope you've all enjoyed this! Credit goes to Pyrus Leonidas and Zeroviks on Deviantart for the versions of Jet Jaguar and Kiryu respectively. Below are links to each image.

http://pre05.deviantart.net/62d9/th/pre/i/2015/227/7/e/jet_jaguar_by_pyrus_leonidas-d95s8fy.png

http://orig06.deviantart.net/6e64/f/2015/359/7/c/kiryu_heavy_weapon_mode__anime_style_by_zeroviks-d8xhski.png