• Published 3rd Aug 2016
  • 2,221 Views, 53 Comments

Mighty Morphin' Kaiju Rangers: An EQG Crossover - Bahamut0



A new threat has arisen in the EQG world. An evil monster known as king ghidorah leads his army of aliens and mutants to conquer Earth, starting with CHS! But new heroes have risen to battle this evil. Go Go kaiju rangers!

  • ...
13
 53
 2,221

Chapter 12: X Marks the Spot Part 2: Rise of the Paladin

It had only been one day since the rangers' fateful encounter with X and his dark persona, Kaizer. Sunset remembered seeing Junior and the others completely defeated, but the scariest part was that they were beaten that badly while X was still in control. If Kaizer had taken over X any sooner, things could have been worse. Fortunately, X had managed to regain control before things got really bad. "Trying to wield a power that you can't understand or control...I know how that feels.", Sunset said as she recalled her past experience with being unable to control a power that ended up controlling her. And she also remembered that her friends were willing to forgive her, and gave her another chance. She just hoped that someone would do the same for X.

Back in the forest, X was racked with guilt and grief. He had let Kaizer use his body like a puppet, and lost all self-control. What made things worse is that this was not the first incident. X now remembered everything, including the painful memory of when he first went berserk. It was a normal day on the Xilian homeworld, and everything seemed to be fine. Until HE descended from the skies. When King Ghidorah had decided to lay waste to his world, his home. X engaged this invader from beyond the stars with a powerful kick to the side and only spoke four words full of threat and promise, "Get off my planet.". Ghidorah only smirked before firing brevity beams at X, knocking him back into a building and damaging his armor. What X didn't know was that his kick managed to shed some blood from this strange enemy. Scientists had managed to collect a sample, and upon their analysis found it was compatible with X. Not only was it compatible, but it could be used to greatly enhance his strength. X woke up in a hospital, his wife Eleyon smiling down on him.

"You sure had a rough night.", Eleyon joked with him.

X only smiled and said, "It only hurts when I smile". The two were enjoying each other's company until the Controller came into the room.

"Hello X. How's our favorite soldier doing?", she asked.

"Bruised and battered, but never broken. So to what do we owe the pleasure of your visit?", X asked.

"Our scientist have analyzed the blood of that monster that attacked us. They've found that it's compatible with your body. And it can potentially increase strength by a tremendous amount. I have it with me, and can inject it. So what do you say? Ready to give that invader a rematch?"

X's gaze hardened with determination, "You bet I want a chance to pay that thing back.". The process was quick, but X had a series of small headaches afterwards. He simply dismissed them as after-effects of his head hitting that building yesterday. He was dead wrong, as a dark presence slowly creeped into his mind. Not a moment later, warning sirens were blaring off the hook. Ghidorah had come back to finish what he started. X was ready, but he wouldn't be facing Ghidorah alone. Eleyon was headed into battle with him, armor and all. As they made their way to Ghidorah, X felt a voice go off in his head, 'Yes, go all out against your enemy. Spare him no mercy!'. X shook his head, hoping he was just hearing things. When they arrived, Ghidorah had a look of annoyance on his face. The same bug that had defied him the day before was back for round 2. Ghidorah admired X's determination and shifted into his true form, a dragon-like figure with armor that seemed to have two other heads on the shoulders. X and Eleyon began their attack by rushing him, but were pushed back by a barrage of gravity beams. X shielded most of the shots, but was knocked back. King Ghidorah took note of Eleyon trying to get up and began to advance on her. X was on his feet with a look of horror on his face. This monster intended to kill his beloved, the person closest to his heart. He would not let that happen! No matter the cost, he would save Eleyon. Then the voice spoke again, 'You wish to save her? I can give you the power to do so. Just let me in X. LET. ME. IN.', it echoed. X could no longer hold it back, and let his rage storm forth. A flash of black and gold light appeared, and a new figure stood in X's place. Clad in that demonic black and gold armor. Kaizer flew full force into Ghidorah, knocking him off his feet.

Ghidorah was angry now, "You dare strike me?! King Ghidorah?! I have the strength to make the universe itself tremble!".

Kaizer let out a dark cackle of laughter, "If you are 'king', then I shall call myself Kaizer. I dare to strike, and I will be the one to destroy you!", Kaizer said with an evil grin. Kaizer began an assault on King Ghidorah, striking with the full force and fury of a berserker. Every blow Kaizer landed seemed to inflict a heavy toll on Ghidorah. The would-be destroyer was now beaten, bloodied, and scarred from a strong claw swipe from Kaizer just below his neck. For the first time in his life, King Ghidorah was actually afraid. Eleyon was now back on her feet, and was horrified at what had become of X. In the place of her husband was a monster, one with no remorse or mercy. A creature filled with bloodlust and fury that would not stop until it's enemy was dead! Eleyon couldn't let this happen to X, and intercepted a claw swipe that would have left a gash in Ghidorah.

Ghidorah briefly loomed over Eleyon's body and turned his gaze to Kaizer with a wicked smile on his face, "How does it feel to hurt the one you love?", Ghidorah spat out as he retreated.

X's consciousness returned at that moment, and saw Eleyon's blood on his hands and asked Kaizer, 'What happened to Eleyon?! Is she alive?! Is she safe?!".

Kaizer answered with an evil smile, "I'm afraid that while in our rage, we killed her. Oh well, she was only holding us back anyway."

"No...no...I couldn't have! NOOOO!", X screamed. She was gone, and it was all his fault. "Get out of my mind! I never want to so your cursed face again!", X screamed as he began to fight back to reclaim his body, defeating the Kaizer. The shock and mental strain from the tragic moment caused X to repress the memories of that day. And now, the exact same thing would have happened here too. As X was sulking, a new presence was felt in his mind. Unlike Kaizer, this one felt warm. It felt familiar. It felt like, "Eleyon?!", X asked.

Eleyon fully materialized, she still looked as beautiful as the first time X laid eyes on her. "Hello X, I've missed you so much.",

"But how?! How could you miss me?! It's my fault I lost you! You died because I lost control of my power! I...", X wanted to continue, but was stopped by Eleyon's embrace.

"It's alright X. No matter what, I'll always love you. Never forget that. You weren't yourself when Kaizer took over, I don't blame you for anything that was done. Not even my passing.", Eleyon said with a warm smile.

X could barely get any words out with tears of joy flowing freely, "Please forgive me.", X sobbed.

Eleyon smiled, "I already have X. And always remember this: Your power doesn't control you, you control it. You decide how to use it, nobody else. I love you X."

X smiled sadly, "I love you too. Goodbye, Eleyon.", X said as Eleyon faded away. It wasn't long before Kaizer showed up.

"What was SHE doing here?! You only need me X! Only I can give you the power you need!", Kaizer screamed. X only faced Kaizer, and materialized a sword and impaled the twisted dark persona. Kaizer begged for his life, "Please X, don't do this to me! We're the same you and I! I'm a part of you! You need me!".

"You're right, you are a part of me. A part I no longer need.", X said, "I control this power, it doesn't control me! NOW BEGONE!". And just like that, Kaizer faded into nothing.

Back in the real world, King Ghidorah was busy recovering from the injuries Kaizer had inflicted on him. Ghidorah couldn't believe this was the second time he'd come to experience fear, it enraged him to no end! He had Belvera rebuild Mechagodzilla, but the reconstructed mech looked like it was hastily built. "I suppose this is the best you could come up with. Fine, just send him to attack the city! I'll soon recover and fight the rangers myself! The robot should keep them occupied long enough.", Ghidorah said while scowling all the while.

The rangers had fully recovered, but wouldn't have time to rest as Mechagodzilla began his attack. When they arrived, Junior noticed this new robot looked a bit shoddy. "Is it me? Or did they have a low repair budget?", Junior asked noticing how cheap this robot looked. Mechagodzilla only responded with a flamethrower blast from his nose. He then fired a round of finger missiles, but the force from the launch caused the old replacement arms to fall off. Mechagodzilla then tried to take off, but the jets in his feet sputtered out. In desperation, Mechagodzilla tried to fire his eye lasers, but they ended up shorting out and breaking the lenses that protected his eyes' circuitry. Then he literally lost his head. "Talk about falling to pieces.", Junior deadpanned.

Back on his ship, Ghidorah face palmed. His new robot literally fell apart on the job. "That's it! I don't care if I'm fully recovered or not. I'm going to fight the rangers, and I don't care if I win. I need to vent my frustrations.", Ghidorah said while frowning.

In the forest, X sensed Ghidorah was coming back to Earth. Now was the perfect time to test out his new power. He arrived just in time as Ghidorah landed. X then cleared his mind, and a silver light enveloped his body. X soon emerged as the light faded, clad in new armor. The armor on his chest was white on the upper half, but had black scale-like armor going to his waist. His leg armor was largely white, with patches of black on the sides and his knees. The armor on his arms was mostly black with white gauntlets on the lower parts, and white outer armor on the upper parts. Gold pauldrons were on each of his armor's shoulders. X's helmet was black with a blue visor and white outer armor that seemed to form a sort of mask, and two black horns in a single row pointing forward. But most noticeable, were the pair of majestic wings that had sprouted out of his back. X decided to make his presence known, "Ghidorah!", X yelled.

As King Ghidorah turned to face him, he only had look of shock on his face. 'How?! How could he have possibly mastered that power?! It shouldn't be possible for him to have any control over it!', "So what's with the fancy new outfit? You trying to fight me with fashion? What are you calling yourself this time? 'Holy Kaizer'", Ghidorah answered with a snort to hide his fear.

"Sorry to disappoint you, but I kicked Kaizer out. I'm the only one in my head now. Now I control the power your blood gave me, it doesn't control me. Prepare to face justice!", X cried as he and Ghidorah charged at each other. The sky was then lit up with gravity blasts as the two warriors duked it out in the air. Soon enough, X landed a hit that clipped Ghidorah's wing. The fight the shifted to a mix of blasts and physical blows. Ghidorah took a swing at X, but X crouched and knocked him down with a sweep kick. Ghidorah then lunged at X, but was instead caught by an uppercut. X then launched Ghidorah into the air with a powerful kick, leaped into the air and knocked him back down to earth with a blow to his head.

Ghidorah slowly crawled out of the crater that formed from his impact, "This...proves...nothing!", Ghidorah said painfully. X walked up to the beaten tyrant, and Ghidorah assumed only one thing. "Go on...finish it!", Ghidorah spat weakly.

"I said prepare to face justice, not death.", X said, "I've defeated you in battle, and avenged my home planet. I'm done.". Ghidorah was dumbfounded, X really had conquered this power! "This is the part where you run away.", X said flatly. King Ghidorah wasted no time in warping back to his ship.

Junior was the first to speak, "Sooo... care to explain what's up with the new duds?".

X smiled and answered, "This is my paladin armor. I earned it after I overcame Kaizer, and gained full control of the great power within me. I would join you all, but you all seem to be handling things just fine on your own. But know that if you ever need me, I'll be there. I'm just one teleport away. Goodbye my friends! We'll meet again someday!", X cried out as he flew away.

Back at the command center, Sunset and her friends were in awe over X's new form. "Did you see how cool X looked? And how awesome he was when kicking Ghidorah's tail?", Rainbow shouted.

"His new armor just screams elegant and fierce! And those wings were positively awe-inspiring!", Rarity beamed.

"X did get another chance after all.", Sunset said smile.

Author's Note:

A little something for the X and Ghidorah fight.