• Published 5th Nov 2016
  • 1,763 Views, 41 Comments

Hearing is Believing - ShadowblazeCR



Octavia is paired with someone who, like her, are losing their mojo. She doesn't find out till later that they're losing something more.

  • ...
7
 41
 1,763

12-A Distraction From A Different Perspective

Vinyl and Octavia’s talk and interaction devolved, or evolved, into cuddling and getting to know each other more intimately. Both had little relationships in their life, which had been taken over mostly by their work. A chance at sharing similarities, especially over business and pleasure gave them both reassurance that their relationship might last. None of this was spoken between the both of them, it was shown through their actions during their mutually agreed to cuddle session.

The session might have been somewhat impromptu, but Vinyl knew it was a first step toward a budding partnership. She’d take awhile to admit it, Vinyl already knew, but the moment she’d seen Octavia at the diner it was love at first sight. She wanted to soak in as much of her as possible. The dark waves of hair that cascaded down Octavia’s face, like a sheet of music that drew your eyes across the paper it drew Vinyls eyes inward toward her eyes.

Other than Vinyl’s completely unbiased opinion on the angelic features that made up her new girlfriend’s face, it was the eyes that drew her closer. Of course, her peripheral, as bad as it currently was (likely cause of the added stress of being in the position she currently was in), allowed a peak at Octavia’s lithe form. The curves flowed together to create a picture perfect body from her perspective complete with humps on the landscape that seemed too enticing not to double check if they really were that perfect.

Her vision unfocused and refocused rapidly every time she made it back to Octavia’s eyes. Vinyl wasn’t completely sure, but the violet eyes stared ahead, oblivious to her partner’s scanning of herself. It was quite cute if Vinyl was to admit anything, the unsaid allowance of the, for lack of a better word, probing of the cellist gave Vinyl a warm feeling.

Too impatient to not know the exact color, Vinyl broke the silence, “Hey, Tavi, what’s the color of your eyes? I just can’t stop staring at them, I think my eyes have literally gotten tired from staring so much.”

Octavia giggled in response, “You get right into the flattery, I respect that Scratch. I will not be going anywhere anytime soon, so as much as I welcome it, I can assure you that it is not needed for me to stick around. Anyhow, I’ve been told their violet, dark purple if you are to be simplistic.”

“Hmm, fantastic. I don’t think I’m going to stop staring.” Vinyl replied, continuing to do just that.

“Yes, well, I would recommend taking it in doses. It sounds like you need to rest those eyes anyway.” Octavia cracked a smile, resting her hand on Vinyl’s leg.

Vinyl put her hand on top of Octavia’s, moving her other hand to Octavia’s chin. “Well if you insist, I guess I can find something else to take in doses.”

Oh? And what might that be? Could y-“ Octavia was cut off by Vinyl’s lips pressing against hers. They took a second to naturally find their groove, and it was obvious that Octavia was a quick learner. The first time for her was getting better every second, and Vinyl wasn’t going to deny the occasional tips of tongue that graced the crest of her lips.

It was freeing and a good distraction, she hadn’t been in many relationships that even got to the point she was at currently. Vinyl would admit that she tried her best to get into and maintain something to get anything out of it, but her work always trumped the relationship causing a quick end to anything that could have been. So, while she wouldn’t admit it anytime soon to Octavia, the bliss that she was inducing to Vinyl was somewhat new to her too. And even with the short time they had taken to know each other, it was the first time that someone had listened and she had wanted to do the same.

Vinyl wasn’t going to stop her new exploration of the ticks and buttons that made Octavia breathless and moan oh so uncivilized. And the credentials she had been given to access these places, that was the newly acquired girlfriend status, allowed for pleasure to extend well past what should be probably the norm for new couples. She didn’t care, the warmth flooding through her chest and throughout her body told her that it was meant to be.

It was like pulling off a band aid with the tinge Vinyl felt pulling away from Octavia, “Uh, um, wow. You’re way too good at that.”

Octavia smiled sheepishly, looking suddenly shy for such a brazen response, “I take that as a compliment, yes?”

"That is one hundred percent a compliment Octavia. We need to do that more often." Vinyl said, likely more breathless than Octavia.

"Well, we do have work to get done." Octavia giggled in response to seeing Vinyl's pouting face. "But I suppose break time might need to have some allotted time for such a thing."

Vinyl's eyes brightened, "Great! Well, I think we've gotten distracted for long enough. Sadly, we should probably be getting to bed. We won't be productive if we don't get any sleep. Money's gotta be made somehow ya know."

"Oh I am acutely aware of that. Do not fret dear Scratch, I have strictly budgeted for the past years because of my situation." Octavia replied, a bit bitterly for having experienced something so uplifting moments before.

Vinyl smiled, "I don't think you'll have to worry about budgeting much longer. I think after I hear you play some, and get back in the groove tomorrow. My mojo will be back and ready to make some bread!"

Octavia smiled back, yawning instead of verbally responding. And with that, the two snuggled into the covers. Prepared to take the next day in stride. It was going to be hard work, and Vinyl couldn't wait to get through it with her new partner. The future was looking bright, and Vinyl was ready to see it to the end.