• Published 16th Jun 2017
  • 1,767 Views, 23 Comments

Story of a Stick - Xinrick



Well a Stick Figure went to Equestria, and that's basically it...besides the massive amount of powers it had.

  • ...
3
 23
 1,767

Interlude VII

“Well…” Celestia started. “Glad he didn't die.” The sun Alicorn sighed out, remembering some news that ponies died from eating something too spicy for them. “Wonder where he will go next?” She muttered to herself.

“Your majesty!” A unicorn guard called out while rushing into the throne room, holding a scroll in his magic as he stopped and saluted. “Your majesty, I have an urgent report about the Frozen North.” He said, Celestia taking the scroll and unfurling it.

Celestia read the message, her face remaining the same calm mask as she always had on in front of her little ponies, but inside she was quite shocked at the message. “Thank you.” She nodded.

“Ooh was it something important. All your ponies are waiting.” Discord called out pointing out the mane six and Luna playing a board game.

“Well…” Celestia sighed out and rolled up the message. “Apparently there are signs that Sombra is coming back.” Celestia says, Twilight's head whipping around to look at Celestia.

“What!? B-but how? I thought the Crystal Heart destroyed him?” Twilight asked, completely shocked to hear Sombra is back.

“Did you get his horn?” Discord pointed out.

“Horn?” Twilight asked curious, not knowing what Discord meant.

“Sombra is an ancient demonic being known as an Umbrum. A creature of shadow and darkness that can exist even in a shadow form. Since the Crystal Heart was such a danger to him he put a spell on his body that any part of him can be used to bring him back to life. I’ve sensed the magic but I could never pinpoint it before. I was certain that Twilight would have made positively sure to make certain that all the crystal shards that came from Sombra’s body were accounted for.” Discord summarized as he lazily fell back into cotton candy and shifted it into a hammock.

“I made sure but…” Twilight trails off.

“Oh is that what I barely saw fly off when the Crystal Heart did it's thing?” Rainbow Dash asked, her being a Pegasus giving her naturally good eyesight.

“You mean you saw it?” Twilight asked her rainbow friend.

“I mean...kinda? I wasn't sure cause of the giant wave of magic, and it flew off so fast I couldn't tell if it was a crystal or a horn.” The cyan mare explained simply.

“Ah looks like another portal is opening in the Frozen North. Oops looks like a doozy.” Discord chuckled.

“Oh no…” Celestia muttered. “That's not good...I should tell Cadence.” She said worriedly, magicking up a piece of paper and a pen and writing down a warning to Cadence and Shining about the portal, rolling it up and sending it off to the two in the Crystal Empire. “First Sombra and now another portal up there?”

“Technically there are three portals up there. One opening in Yakyakistan and another over near Griffonstone. Looks pretty bad since they’ve actually started to tear apart the very foundation of reality.” Discord nonchalantly blew against his talons.

Celestia sighed out. “So much to prepare for...and so little time.” She shook her head. “Maybe when Simon is out and feeling better we should make him move towards the Frozen North…”

“Oh I already have that planned out.” Discord snapped his talons and opened the mirror. Simon was dropped into a portal leading towards the Frozen North about three clicks from the portal.

“Ho, fuck it's cold!” They all heard Simon shout.

“Well… good enough.” Celestia sighed out.

“I love it when a plan comes together. Pinkie prepare my bowler hat and the chimpanzees!” Discord shouted.

“Of course! Shaved or malted?” Pinkie answered getting out a large bag from her mane.

“Surprise me!” Discord giggled as the two went further into their madness.

“Oh dear…” Twilight muttered, really worried about those two.

“Please Twilight. We bring all the comedy gold to the table. Too much dour looks painting your face and the viewers will think you resemble the scream painting.” Discord chuckled as he picked Twilight up and summoned the painting in question. “Perfect match at this point.”

Twilight facehoofed. “Ri~ght…” She mutters.

Celestia looked at the mirror, seeing Simon travel the Frozen North with a flame sword at his side to keep him warm. ”Please...save our people Simon...” She thinks to herself worriedly.

Discord started to shake violently. “Oof… that was bad. Seems this next one's gonna be even worse than I thought. Lots of malice and hatred coming through that one.”

“Can't we have any friendly ones appear where we can just be friends with?” Luna complained. “I'd like another drinking buddy again.” The lunar princess muttered, remembering Jomm being her best drinking buddy.

“Only Simon will be any good. As far as I can tell right now there is only malice in all of these portals. It’s like they are seeing this place as a playground.” Discord muttered under his breath.

“But...what could be causing this sudden event?” Twilight asked.

“I don't know Twilight...it could just be another natural event as our world's connect for a time...but I fear if someone is managing to create these portals…” Celestia shuddered, not wanting to think of what that could lead to. “Lets just...have faith in Simon and the champions of each country…” She says, wishing she could go out and fight as well but time hasn't been kind to those who lived through the first event.

“Portal’s opening in three… two… one…” Discord counted down.

“Oh so that’s how these fuckers are appearing!” The group heard Simon say, the blue Stick Figure seeing the portal open.

“Well...at least he’s there to stop them…” Celestia sighed out.

“He’ll have to run for a bit. Oh well I can’t do everything. Pinkie have you acquired the coconuts!” Discord shouted out.

“Yuperoonie. Got big ones, small ones, and some as big as your head. Ready!” Pinkie shouted as the two disappeared in the snap of his talons.

“Sometimes they worry me.” Twilight shook her head.

“Best not to question it.” Applejack shrugged.

“Just be glad you haven't had to deal with this in the middle of a war.” Celestia muttered to herself, remembering how many times she's almost smacked Discord for his shenanigans back then.

“Saved your life more than once!” Discord shouted from the void as a cream pie materialized and slammed into Celestia’s face. It was banana cream.

Celestia licked some of the pie off her lips before cleaning herself up with her magic.

To be continued...