• Published 26th Jul 2016
  • 517 Views, 171 Comments

The Pony Who Embraced The Darkness - Zurvan



After the Griffin attack things are going back to normal in Equestria, or are they?

  • ...
15
 171
 517

Chapter 5: Love and Marriage

Chapter 5: Love and Marriage

Lieutenant Greaves wakes up in the bed he shares with his marefriend Applejack. He is of course completely unsurprised that the farm mare was already up, even though the sun hadn’t quite risen yet, and Fluttershy’s rooster hadn’t called the morning with his normal ‘cock-a-doodle-do’.

Greaves gets out of the bed and walks down the steps of the barn loft that was their bedroom. As he leaves the barn to head to the main house he sees a small house under construction, that house is to be the future residence of Apple Bloom and Diamond Tiara. Greaves chuckles as he remembers Diamond offering to front the money to build him and Applejack a place of their own if they so decide. To be honest for the time being he was content in the barn loft, even though he wasn’t sure how long that would work, especially since he planned on asking Applejack to be his wife.

Greaves walks into the farmhouse and the smell of two things, the first is breakfast, the second is his marefriend clearly in heat. He sighs, not sure what to make of the later, this was a first for him. He hears somepony talking and he moves closer to both hear better and see the ponies talking. He looks into the kitchen and sees Applejack and Apple Bloom.

“So you and Diamond ready for your wedding?” Applejack asks.

“Well, we’re ready for it, but it’s not ready for us.”

“Whatcha mean?”

“We’re still deciding where we’re going to have the wedding. Diamond wants somewhere big and fancy.”

“Well, what you expect marrying a rich pony like her?”

Apple Bloom nods. “I’m more than happy to have a big and fancy wedding for her, heck even for me, but the problem is how much of our family would be able to go to something in like Canterlot or Manehatten?”

“How many of them you want?”

Apple Bloom blushes slightly. “We’re Apples, I was hoping they’d all show up.”

Applejack whistles. “That’s a tall order.”

“Am I asking too much?”

Applejack nods. “I think you are a bit, short of holding it in the middle of winter a few might be able to come up from Appleloosa, and we’ll have to have a couple of them watch of our farm so that we can go to it.”

Apple Bloom nods. “Well…. there was one place that Diamond said she’d love to get married in if possible.”

“Name it Bloom.” Applejack says. “I’m sure we can arrange it.”

“I don’t want you to call in any favors for me.” Apple Bloom says. “I’m sure you're going to need them for yourself.”

“”Whatcha mean?”

“You and Greaves?” Apple Bloom says. “”The two of you have been in the barn loft since winter broke.”

Applejack takes her turn to blush. “I suppose you have a point there.” Applejack coughs slightly. “I’ve been thinking about forcing the issue with him.”

“Applejack!” Apple Bloom yells. “You wouldn’t?!”

“Maybe it’s just mah heat talkin.” Applejack says.

“Maybe you have a point.” Greaves says causing the sisters to jump.

“How long you been standing there?” Applejack asks.

“Long enough.” He answers.

Applejack blushes slightly. “Oh.”

Greaves walks over to her and kisses her passionately. “I'd been thinking about asking you to marry me, I think I know what you would answer now.”

“Your want to marry me?”

Greaves nods. “Guard pay isn't that great, but I've been trying to save up for a pair of those earrings that everypony uses.”

“I don't need any fancy jewelry.” Applejack says. “I have you.”

“Marry me then?”

“Can we go to Twilight and get it down quickly then come back and take care of other things?” Applejack asks and Greaves nods.

“I'm out of here before I see my niece or nephew conceived.” Apple Bloom says and heads to her room.

Applejack grins. “You know, this farm pony doesn't have an issue with a little honeymoon before the ceremony.”

Greaves grabs an apple from the counter. “Lead the way, I'm happy to serve.”

==========

Later that night the farmhouse is full of excitement. “I can't believe you two are married already “ Apple Bloom says.

“What do ya expect?” Applejack asks. “I never was big on ceremony.”

“Not everypony is.” Apple Bloom says. “Though I know somepony who thinks you need to celebrate.” Apple Bloom nods to Big Mac who opens the door and Pinkie Pie comes in.

“Congratulations!” Pinkie yells. “Time for your engagement/wedding party.”

“Pinkie, this isn’t necessary.”

“I argue that it is very necessary.” Twilight says as she walks in behind Pinkie.

“Twilight, you did the ceremony for us, isn’t that enough?”

“Of course not Darling.” Rarity says as she pushes her way in.

“I’m beginning to feel a bit outnumbered here.” Applejack says.

“Perhaps you should just give in and celebrate.” Sweetie says as she comes in behind her sister followed by Ash Fall, Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, Silver Spoon, Scootaloo and Diamond Tiara.

Applejack sighs. “I reckon if everypony’s here and going to insist we might as well have a party.”

“I thought you’d say that.” Apple Bloom says.

A short time later the party is in full swing. Silver Spoon approached the happy couple. “Apple Bloom told me that you two didn’t have the earrings everypony is using.”

“Sweet Apple Acres isn’t doing quite well enough to afford them right now, so we decided we didn’t need them. All that matters is that we know we’re married.”

“Apple Bloom said you’d say something like that. So the lot of us got together.” Silver Spoon pulls a box out of her bag. “I made them, Ash and Sweetie used their magic to speed things up, and everypony pitched in some bits to pay for materials.”

“Y’all shouldn’t have.” Applejack says.

“Well, we did.” Silver Spoon says. “So you might as well take them.”

“I guess what’s done is done.” Applejack says as she opens the box and sees the earrings, her and Greaves cutie marks bound together.

“Let me help you Darling.” Rarity says as she grabs the earrings in her magic and carefully puts them in Applejacks ears.

“Thank you.” Applejack says. “I can’t believe y’all are doing all this for us.”

“You mean a lot to all us.”Apple Bloom says. “We’d do anything for ya.”

Diamond Tiara walks up to them. “I’ve got something for you also.”

“Diamond?” Apple Bloom asks as she looks at her fiance. “What are you doing?”

“What I think is best.” Diamond answers as she pulls a key out of her saddlebags and places it on the table.

"What’s this?” Applejack asks.

“They key to the house I had built. I want you two to have it.”

“We can’t take the house.” Applejack says. “What about you two?”

“I was thinking we could live at the mansion, it’s not that far away.” Diamond answers as she bites her lip and looks at Apple Bloom.

“What about your dad?” Bloom asks.

“He’s moving to Manehatten to manage a store there.”

“I think we can work with that.”

“Really?”

Apple Bloom nods. “Yeah, we’ll move into your mansion.”

“Thank you!” Diamond says and hugs Bloom.