• Published 26th Jul 2016
  • 516 Views, 171 Comments

The Pony Who Embraced The Darkness - Zurvan



After the Griffin attack things are going back to normal in Equestria, or are they?

  • ...
15
 171
 516

Chapter 29: Rescue Me

Chapter 29: Rescue Me

Winter looks at Ash. “Well, your talent is strategy. Got anything?”

“Insurmountable odds against us.” Ash says as he surveys the scene.

“Don’t forget Rarity is here somewhere.” Sweetie says as she holds the compass in her magical grip.

“Okay then, step one find a way to rescue Rarity.” Winter says. “How do we go about doing that?”

Ash looks to Discord. “Please tell me your powers can do something to help here?”

Discord nods. “I can, though I’m afraid it won’t be the most pleasant experience for your wife.”

“Me?” Sweetie asks.

“I need your permission to hurt you, I need to use your magic and the compass to find your sister. I’m afraid that it’s going to hurt, a lot. Normally I can’t hurt ponies with my powers, but if you give me permission I can do this.” Discord explains.

“If it means rescuing my sister I’ll do it.” Sweetie says.

“Sweetie, are you sure about this?” Ash asks. “We can find Rarity another way.”

Sweetie considers for a minute. “Okay, I’ll consider it while you tell me your plan if I say yes.”

Ash looks at the forces, standing guarding the cave unmoving. He sighs. “Once we know that we have no assets inside I’d suggest that we have Discord disrupt their magic and then firebomb the whole place. Then our forces should be able to clean up after that.”

“And if I say no?” Sweetie asks.

Ash looks at the army again and sighs. “We use the compass to make some selective strikes aiming our attacks away from the general area where Rarity might be, then we send a team in the rescue her while the rest of us fight.”

“So option B is a lot more dangerous for everypony, including my sister. Where option A is safer, but I'm going to have to experience a great deal of pain?”

Ash sighs. “That sums it up rather well.”

“Discord, do what you need to. Rescue my sister.”

Discord places his hand on Sweetie’s head then looks to Ash. “If you distract them this will go faster.”

“I'll take care of a distraction.” Shining Armor says.

Ash nods. “Get it done.” He moves and wraps his foreleg around Sweetie’s. “ I'll be right here.”

“I'm sorry.” Discord says before snapping the fingers on his free hand. Sweetie immediately screams in pain as her magic is summoned around Discord’s hand and the compass is lifted in her magic.

“Archers! Fire at will!” Shining Armor yells and a large group of of pegasi take to the air pulling bows off their backs and firing at the assembled enemies.

“They’re distracted, hurry.” Ash says as he looks at Sweetie who's obviously trying not to scream in pain as sweat rolls down her face.

“It’s working.” Discord says. “I see her, and she's with a couple other ponies.”

“Grab them all.” Ash says. “We'll deal with any enemies that you get as well.”

“Aaaaaandddd.” Discord says as he snaps his fingers and Rarity, Coco and Trixie appear.

Sweetie screams again as Discord snaps his fingers once more and the spell is broken. Sweetie collapses to the ground. “Sweetie!” Ash says as he grabs her in his magic.

“Did it work?” Sweetie asks weakly.

“Sweetie Belle, is that really you?” Rarity asks.

Sweetie looks up suddenly rejuvenated by the sound of her sister's voice. “Rarity!” She pushes herself free of Ash’s magic and hugs Rarity.

“Were there any other prisoners?” Winter asks.

“Not that Trixie saw. Everypony else in there seemed to be there willingly.”

“Sounds like all the innocents are out.” Winter says as he looks to Ash.

“Unicorns!” Ash yells. “Ready your magic!”

Winter and Nymeria charge up their magic along with every other unicorn. “I suppose that's my cue.” Discord says then snaps his fingers.

“NOW!” Ash commands and every unicorn fires a spell at the enemy.

===== Canterlot =====

“I’m so glad you all came.” Twilight says, she lays down on a bed, her one foreleg resting on an open book.

“What kind of friends would we be if we didn't?” Fluttershy asks.

“Here.” Pinkie says as she pushes a basket of goodies to Twilight. “Celestia and Luna told us you knew what happened so I figured you wouldn’t want a get well soon party since everypony can't be here.” Her mane deflates slightly as she finishes talking.

Twilight smiles. “Thank you Pinkie, and I promise you I'll make it a royal order that once this is over you can throw the biggest party imaginable.”

Pinkie's mane instantly puffs back up as she grins widely. “Really?”

“Pinkie Promise.” Twilight says as she pantomimes the motions with her good foreleg.

“Deal!” Pinkie says returning to her ever jubilant self.

Eris, who seems to be dozing in the corner suddenly lifts her head up. “Discord rescued Rarity.”

“How could you know that?” Twilight asks.

“Since I'm his double our powers are almost identical. We can talk telepathically to each other.” Eris explains.

“Are Rainbow Dash and Applejack with him?” Twilight asks as she pushes herself up.

“Yes.”

Twilight grins. “Can you teleport us there?”

“You want me to teleport you into the middle of a war?”

“Not just me, Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy too.”

“Twilight.” Fluttershy mutters. “I promised Discord I’d stay safe.”

“Listen Fluttershy, I saw what Lord Umbra was capable of from a distance. Discord is going to need our help.”

“Discord has an army what can you possibly do to help him?” Eris asks.

“We’ll have all six of the Elements of Harmony together.” Twilight explains. “What do you think we’ll do?”

Eris sighs. “Fine, but I’m going with you. I want to see this.”

“Well, we’re certainly not going to stop you.”

“Everypony ready?” Eris asks as she stands up.

Pinkie grins. “Sooner this is over sooner I can plan the party! So let’s go!”

Eris looks to Fluttershy who nods meekly. She turns to Twilight who’s gotten out of bed and is standing on her three hooves. “Good, let’s go.” Eris says as she snaps her fingers and they vanish.