• Published 26th Jul 2016
  • 517 Views, 171 Comments

The Pony Who Embraced The Darkness - Zurvan



After the Griffin attack things are going back to normal in Equestria, or are they?

  • ...
15
 171
 517

Chapter 18: One Thing Leads to Another

Chapter 18: One Thing Leads to Another

A group of hooded ponies gather around the body of Lieutenant Greaves chanting incoherently. Lord Umbra steps up to the body as shadow wraps around his horn. “Shadows I summon thee. Imbue this body with your magic. Bring it back to life. Let it serve my will.”

The ponies around Greaves continue chanting as the shadow leaves Umbra’s horn and glides around them. Taking no certain form the shadow glides through the chanting ponies and cover the body of Greaves. The ponies circling start chanting louder, there words becoming clear. “Imbue! Resurrect! Imbue! Resurrect!”

The shadow swirls over Greaves body before going inside of him, suddenly Greaves breathes. He opens his eyes, every part of the eye is completely black. “Master?”

“I am your Master, tell me who you were.” Umbra responds.

“My name was Greaves, I was a lieutenant under Princess Twilight Sparkle. I was….”

“You were what slave?”

“I was married to somepony, something is stopping me from telling you to whom Master.”

Umbra growls. “Something is stopping you from telling me who you were married to?”

“Yes Master.”

“I own you! You are my servant until such time as I have no use for you!” Umbra yells. “What could possibly be telling you not to tell me something?”

“Some part of who I was is trying to protect that pony.”

Umbra picks up a ceremonial knife with his magic and stabs Greaves with the knife. “Did that get rid of that part of you?” He pulls the knife out and shadow seals the wound healing it.

“I’m sorry Master, it did not.”

Umbra growls and backhoofs Greaves knocking him clear across the room. “Maybe that'll loosen something up.”

Greaves tries to get up, but obviously every limb is broken. Shadow ripples through his body and fixes the injuries and he gets up. “I think that did it Master.”

“Who were you married to?”

“Applejack.”

Greaves grins. “Excellent!”

==========

Applejack lays on the couch of Fluttershy’s cottage. “Thank you both for taking me in.”

“You used the teleportation charm Twilight gave you.” Fluttershy says. “I had to make sure you were okay.”

"Rarity and Coco have been replaced with changelings, and tried to ponynap me."

"What?!"

“I wouldn’t believe you were you if Discord wasn't right here.”

‘Well, I'm glad that you have so much faith in me." Discord says

Applejack nods. “It's just there ain’t no way a changeling could impersonate ya Discord.”

“I’m sure they could try, but they’d never have my style.” Discord says as he snaps his talons and is suddenly in a suit, the top is black on the left side, and white on the right, the pants are the opposite, and a black and white checkered zoot hat complete with a pheasant feather completes the outfit.

“I’m sure they could technically do that, but I bet it wouldn’t be easy.” Applejack says.

Discord grins and snaps his talons again and a bunch of mini Discords are running around. “Could they do that?”

“Nope, don’t think so.” Applejack says. “Definitely gotta be you.”

“And I assure you that this is the real Fluttershy, I’d think I’d know if my wife was a changeling.”

“What are we going to do about the two changelings that I did see?”

Discord snaps his talons. “I just placed a shield around Ponyville, much like Trixie did except this one only stops changelings from leaving.” He grins. “Oh and they are forced back into their normal form.”

Applejack grins. “We’ve got some changelings to hunt then.”

Fluttershy shakes her head. “I can’t.”

“Why not? They probably have our friends.”

“I know, but I don’t think I should go, nor should you.” Fluttershy says. “We both have foals to worry about.”

“How’d ya know I was pregnant?”

“I told her.” Discord answers. “And before you ask I’m the Spirit of Chaos, I just know things.”

“I take it that’s how ya know yer pregnant too?”

Fluttershy nods. “Discord said I was, and that’s not something he’d even think about joking about, he know how much I want foals.”

“I guess I can’t blame ya for wanting to be careful, but you know our friends would go after these changelings if they had us.”

Fluttershy gets up. “You’re right! I’m going with you.”

“Fluttershy, you could get hurt.” Discord pleads.

“It’s for my friends, I’m going to help.”

Discord sighs and snaps his talons, the two changelings appear in front of him. “The things I do for love.”

The two changelings look at each other. “You’re going to tell me where mah friends are.” Applejack says as she stares them down.

“Never!” SC - 9 says.

“Fluttershy, be dear and make our guests some tea.” Discord says.

Fluttershy’s eyes go wide. “Of course.” She quickly heads to the kitchen.

“Now.” Applejack says. “You two are going to tell us everything or Discord here is going to tear you to pieces.”

“Oh, that sounds like fun!” Discord says as he looms over the changelings. “Now which one of you do I pluck first?”

“We’ll talk!” SC - 12 says.

“No we won’t, you fool!” SC - 9 says as she backhooves SC-12. “Do your worst!”

Discord grins. “You have no idea how long I’ve wanted to hear somepony say that.” He grabs SC - 9 with his taloned hand. “With this dog tag you must be somepony’s pet.”

“I won’t tell you anything.” SC - 9 says then spits into Discord’s face.

“No, no you won’t.” Discord says. “Especially without your tongue.” He holds up a tongue and SC - 9 uses her hooves to feel into her mouth only to realize that he did just take her tongue. “See I don’t need you to talk, your friend was quite willing to talk before, I have a feeling she’ll tell me anything I want after I’m done disassembling you.”

SC- 9 squirms in his grip and attempts to kick him. “Well, if you’re going to be that way those pesky legs will have to go next.” He snaps his pawed fingers and all four of her legs are laying on the ground. Her eyes light up, the fear obvious.

“Wait, please.” SC -12 says. “Don’t hurt my sister.”

Discord puts the limbless SC - 9 down. “Will you tell me everything I want to know?”

“Yes, just please restore my sister, I can’t stand seeing her like this.”

Discord snaps his talons and suddenly SC - 9 has her legs back and his in a cage. “That’s in good faith, you give me the information, and I’ll give her back her tongue.” He holds up SC - 9’s tongue.

“Our master, Lord Umbra has your friends.”

“Where does he have them?”

“In his secret..” SC -12 suddenly stops talking as she falls down dead.. A shadow creeps away from her.

“I see.” Discord says as he grabs the shadow. “Shadow magic… interesting.”

“The spirit of chaos.” The shadow says. “How unexpected.”

“You’d better release my two friends safely, or you’ll face my wrath.”

The shadow disperses, another shadow lunges at Fluttershy as she walks in carrying the tea, causing her to drop the tea, a sudden light stops the shadow. Discord growls holding a lamp in his claw. “Discord?” Fluttershy asks.

“Pack your bags, and go get the others. We’re going to wake up Twilight.” Discord says.

“You.. you can do that?” Fluttershy says.

“No! Luna can, I’m going to make her! Then we’re going to find this Lord Umbra and you 6 are going to summon your rainbow magic to beat the crap out of him, if there’s anything left he’s mine! Nopony attempts to hurt my mate and gets away with it!”