• Published 16th Aug 2016
  • 2,780 Views, 38 Comments

The Animal: Inside and Out. - Mick0339



A teenager, with no knowledge of any world but his own finds himself in another. Of course, his species are also there, but in a different evolutionary path; as mindless, aggressive beasts. It also doesn't help he's thought of as one.

  • ...
14
 38
 2,780

Chapter 2: The Taste of Bitter Freedom.

I wanted to throw up, but my mix of emotions couldn't let me do anything. My mind was on pause as the list of processes kept piling on, but that one program, that one little picture was stopping everything. Then the picture turned into a video as it played over and over again in my mind.

These sick ponies. The red liquid poured to the ground and a resounding wail from a child entered my senses. It oozed off in globs and strings to the ground and the familiar liquid only made the cry get louder. The small child was lost and without anyone. I've read what happens to a person over the edge. Sometimes, they can literally just drop dead. Overcalculations and too much thought paired with an intelligent mind don't work well. But, to me my mind just sort of lost all feeling at that moment. I was lost in deep sympathetic thought.

The girl, being held back by a mixture of auras from golden guards, continued to cry for her dead mother. The mother I had helped to save. I had seen them run to the forest. The ponies searched for her and decided to teach her a lesson. They killed an innocent creature, without a second thought. They even killed her in front of the child. No one should have to be subject to that; it's beyond cruel, it's sadistic.

People had always wondered why I decided to work out, to push my body to its limits. I wasn't on any sports team. I didn't do it for chicks, and they never batted an eye anyway, and to top it off, I was able to do pretty much anything beforehand, besides protecting what I held dear. It never happened, but I felt it was worth doing to be able to fight back in any situation. As much as a smart tactic works, brute force is easier and is sometimes what's needed, even if people would say otherwise.

This was one of the times; the second time in fact since I came here, I would push that limit. I needed to get that child out of here. This place, ti wasn't colorful and full of jolly ponies as some would suspect on first glance; it was a place for sadistic quadrupeds who found pleasure in torturing animals, and even simply killing them for no good reason besides a good laugh or smile.

I felt a tear roll down my face at the image. That little girl's face just killed me inside, but it also made me angry. Furious that they would do something like that; I would make them pay, perhaps not that day, but I would one day, even if it killed me. I made a quick snapshot of a decision: grab the girl and run. I would ask and answer questions later.

I gave my body every ounce of energy stored up. I could feel a stronger surge since last time. I felt stronger for sure, but again I would have to answer that question later. For now, I simply took the advantage and used it to my full ability. With unparalleled perfection, I brought my arms flapping in, and my veins popped with the deafening smack from the collision of my hands. I sent a dozen ponies flying over me with slacked jaws and priceless expressions.

I only had a few seconds to act as magic charged up and the row of guards directed their horns at me. Even the three who abstained from armor, and took authoritative roles, were poising to get ready; the purple one was reprehension to be sure.

"Don't let him escape!" The guards were in the middle of saying as I made my move. I dashed forward, not stopping for anything as I grabbed the startled girl and bashed through the door. It flew off the hinges, slamming to the ground with a thud. Shouts traveled behind me and a few super heated shots connected with my back. I wheezed, but I didn't stop. If I did, we would both be dead. My face was contorted in anger, but I didn't shout, I just ran. My legs chugged, and the train only increased in speed as I slammed through door after door. I made waste to any pony in my way, decking them into walls. The girl didn't cry, as she was too shocked for this. Ponies continued to scream in fear as they saw a charging bull in human form running towards them. The facility was massive, but I continued to follow the exit signs. They thought I was stupid, but I used that to my advantage.

A unicorn mare screamed in front of me, with a pair of humans tracking behind her. They bore their teeth, but I bore my weight. They all violently smashed against the wall, the two humans' jaws being dislocated, and the mare knocked unconscious, most likely having a concussion.

"Merry!" Another screamed, another unicorn, holding a Victorian accent. She also held multiple humans, but I wasn't going down that hallway, so I simply ignored them. By this time the guards were beginning to catch up. Their shouts got closer and closer, as well as shouts and pleads to stop by the larger white hybrid.

It's funny, people always joke about a light at the end of a hallway, or cave, or tunnel, but there it was. It was my escape option. I just had to think on the go and hope for the best. This girl didn't deserve the road she's been put down. A kid without a mother; it's a hard life, and you don't have to experience it to know that. I could never think of growing up without my parents, and I won't let her either. My salvation got closer and closer, but so did my pursuers. Their screams ever so slowly increased in volume. Until I knew they were behind me; I could tell just by the hooves hitting the marble.

Another beam hit me in the back, making my gasp in pain and slightly trip, but I hissed in pain and anger, regaining my footing and giving my legs a punch with a full dose of muscle exertion. Needless to say, my legs were most likely breaking apart by the exertion now, but I didn't care. The door was on a metal frame, a heavy metal frame by the looks of it, but I didn't have time to unlock it. I put the girl into a more defendable position and knowing the pain that would come, I began to distract myself with an enraged shout. Every second more veins popped out on my face and neck as my entire body became red with exhaustion, but I was at the home stretch.

My body made contact and as my being slammed into the seemingly unbeatable door, it creaked, then popped and finally burst out into the sunny street. Ponies gasped, shrieking in fear and running in terror. I looked right and left in a quick flurry then chose right. The girl was slightly crying at the screams. I tried to calm her as I ran, but the ponies were literally at my back by this point.

"Please!" The white hybrid yelled in exasperation, "just stop!" I wouldn't.

Some ponies decided they were brave enough to try and stop my escape. Their result; they were slammed into the ground, wall, or even a magical pole or two. Then obstacles came from a market district. I hopped over carts, across makeshift fences, and through open shops. I never did parkour, my body was simply acting on pure instinct, ad I was inclined to let it considering it got me that far. My luck was off the chart, but it was about to run out. I saw one last metallic fence coming up, with no road in front of it. I was mentally flipping my shit.

I screamed the magical f-word, but I had no choice. I quickly stopped to peer over the side. Needless to say, I was a little intimidated. There was water below, but about 1,000 feet below, probably 3 times that.

Magical projectiles crashed into the cobblestone pavement beside me as I turned to see my pursuers lined up and surround me.

"Be a good animal and kneel," one guard pony said. I was out of options it seemed, all but one.

The celestial hybrid, as it was the best description to describe her, gave a sad look. She had sympathy towards me, but that only angered me more. The ponies slowly began to come closer and closer, and the girl was beginning to shake helplessly.

Jump or die? Jump and die? There was only one clear answer. I had to jump. I hated the idea of dying from such a high height, but it was either that or execution as an animal. And as much as the girl would love to voice her opinion, she would choose to jump as well.

That was it, and my mind was made up. The spears actually touched my skin as I perfectly, somehow, jumped up onto the secure fencing. The ponies at that point knew what I was going to do and rushed me, but it was too late. I was gone. I plummeted down into the abyss what was coming up at me was a lake in the forest. It was a better option than for sure death.

It was funny, I could hear the hybrids gasp at my falling, but I don't know why. I faced my fate and looked at the incoming water head on as it came up at me with a punch. At the last second, to lower the impact on the girl, I threw her up, then it was a hard hit to the back and blue liquid everywhere.

I escaped and I was free, but it tasted bitter for sure.

Author's Note:

Enjoy I suppose.

Also, plateauing sucks so much.