• Published 16th Aug 2016
  • 2,771 Views, 38 Comments

The Animal: Inside and Out. - Mick0339



A teenager, with no knowledge of any world but his own finds himself in another. Of course, his species are also there, but in a different evolutionary path; as mindless, aggressive beasts. It also doesn't help he's thought of as one.

  • ...
14
 38
 2,771

Prologue 2: Arrival. Plans. Caged.

Have you ever found yourself feeling nauseous; well most likely, but also knowing that you were going to throw up. The little lump in your throat queuing up to release the bile and leftover food in your stomach. Well, that tree hit really did a number on me, as that was what I was experiencing. That and the fact that I had no idea where I was, alone, with animalistic humans in cages next to me, made my life really dull. Luckily though, there were a few cute dogs and cats to gaze at while I tried to formulate what the heck happened.

Firstly, I could remember crossing the touchdown line and hearing my friend's voices fade at the time of arrival, indicating that I was in fact in the process of being removed, so it wasn't an all in one timed effect. There was most likely a one to two second delay before I fully appeared in this new world.

Secondly, once I arrived, I figured out that in fact I was one of the only if not the only intelligent human on the planet, inhabited by, as far as I could ponies, whom looked more human than equish. I believe that's the name you would use; I never watched a documentary on horses so, I wouldn't fully know.

Thirdly, it also appears that the pony-look alikes also use magic. So basically all relative explanation for the world can be summed up in one physically improbable and unlikely event: Magic. It seems pretty standard and not too flashy from what I learned. Only the unicorns can use it, while the winged ponies, can't remember the name, and regulars don't use it. You may be wondering how I figured that all out; well "customers" in the pound/pet store who had the horns used it quite frequently, while the winged ponies flew around.

Finally, the anatomy and look of the humans. While appearing and acting animalistic, they looked much more underdeveloped compared to my build. Like a few thousand years into the past. Now that I think about it, they all looked relatively young, or at least for today's standard. They were probably more susceptible to disease and such. It would also explain the mysteries of the bermuda, and other such abduction phenomena. Not aliens, but transportation. Maybe instead of the pyramids being built by the egyptians, and slave labor, it was just an excuse to tell that unicorns built them using magic. Yeah, actually probably not true; cats look nothing like ponies, and on top of that, there's no evidence at all.

Maybe Area 51 has teleportation to here, or perhaps there are ambassadors, or other such things. In my book, these ponies definitely qualified as civilization, and while not as advanced, definitely industrializing. Their societies, from what I could glimpse compose of pre-industrialized structures and economies. The market stands and such could indicate the relative period. A lot of middle eastern, and african nations are not as closely industrialized and economically focused as westernized nations, and as such have more local ways of distribution, and lacking the corporational distribution methods, instead having small businesses and such. So definitely not a highly industrialized society, if at all.

Most likely due to the fact that they don't need it; everything could be done with magic I suppose. The only reason industrialization happened was due to need. The need for more materials in less time and in more efficient ways. But with the ability of magic, most things could be possible without the need of machines and such. Its an interesting concept to say the least.

Also, I feel as though my strength has gotten a bit stronger. I'm guessing the adrenaline boost wasn't the only thing letting me go faster. I mean, before this I wasn't able to pull myself up with one hand. The bars to the top of the cage provide entertainment in working out basically. I mean doing one handed pull ups was never something I could do previously. I was just too heavy, but now I feel as though my whole body is much lighter and stronger. I'll definitely have to find out why; it feels pretty great.

Anyway, there turned out to be a rather aggressive female in the cell next to me, who of course like me, was naked. She had long, unkempt blonde hair, and her face looked a little on the underwhelming side. I mean, she looked ok, but like she didn't come through lines and lines of nice looking blood. And well, with her attitude looks would be the only thing, and that's a no. It was funny to agitate her though. I would usually play with her like I would my dog, tapping or hitting them when they weren't looking, and then whistling. Plus, at least I got fed. Compared to our world, animals were treated relatively better here; well from what I could see, but the ponies just like humans had dominion, and thus some would rather not be nice.


"Welcome to Ponyville's own Animal Care Center." An earth pony mare, with a dog biscuit as a cutie mark sounded off to the crowd in front of her, which was in front of a building. She had a hazelnut mane, with green fur. "Here we take care of runaways, or others who have lost their way." They began to walk through the facility, and once again it was happening. They were showing off their stock. To be honest, it was getting old, yet again though, the one called Ms. Vet, was to say the least annoyed. She had to do it for much longer than I had to deal with it. Gazing ponies wanted to see the animals they could "adopt," which was more like purchase for a slight fee and then have their very own whatever. Their most prominent stock, ironically, was humans. What a shock.

You have to wonder for the animals that run away, why they did it. Of course for me, I wasn't a runaway, but after observing my clothes and such, the staff concluded I was as such and prohibited my sale until a week's notice and if no ponies came up and said I was theirs, which I wasn't, I was free to be taken. It also made it worse was the fact of how different looking I was compared to other humans. Like a designer breed as most ponies said while they passed by me, unaware I could hear them loud and clear. Some of the children would offer me some food, to which I would indulge, only because I was always hungry. I got fed, but my stomach still growled; especially for something more than apples and carrots or such.

Luckily, no one could do anything for the last week until this day. It has been a week, and anyone was up to grab me, with consensus that they could properly take care of me of course. And well, there wasn't much I could do. I didn't feel like hurting cute little ponies just to escape; it would feel cruel to me. Of course what comes to me goes to them to say; I wouldn't just let them abuse me.

Speaking of cute, the children, I think called foals and fillies, were so darn cute. I mean the adults looked cute too, but they all look nothing like regular ponies. The colors, eyes and shape just made them so much more cartoonistic and cute.

"And over here," the veterinarian pony said, opening the door to our area, which housed mammals, a majority of which were humans, "we have our mammal stock. Dogs, Cats, Humans, all sorts," she said wandering down the aisle, with the ponies glaring and gazing at my fellow caged animals. For me, I just simply went to my next set of one handed push ups, which were much easier to do in this world for some reason. Being naked made it awkward until I just said 'screw it,' and didn't care. I had gotten used to it by that time.

My cage's hard, steel, I belive, floor made it frustrating until I built a tolerance. My wrists killed me after the first day, as well as my back the next after having to sleep on the hay covered steel floor. I could stand sure, but for the most part I sat, did push ups, sit ups, or pull ups. I couldn't do much else, and it always interested the ponies. It only reinforced their theory of me being a designer breed to do battle or to protect or something along those lines.

"Over here is Cassy, one of the only females we have here. Watch out though," Ms. vet said, while two fillies stuck their hooves through the bars, "she's not the friendliest." My next door neighbor jumped to the bars, startling all of the ponies, and saddening the two fillies. Dogs barked, and humans growled at the clamor, while Cassy simply went back to her corner. For me, I simply sighed as the tour group moved along to my cell.

"Next, we have one of our most recent pick ups and an odd one at that. He doesn't seem to have a name and no collar. He does however have such a nice attitude. One of our more docile humans here." What she neglected to say was what they did to some humans before they came here. Let's just say a lot had the life sucked out from beneath them; their whole purpose removed essentially, and so they became almost broken horses to say. I really did feel bad for the poor bastards; it was really cruel to say the least, but well it happened in our world to helpless animals, so I wasn't much surprised.

Still, poor bastards to say the least. The little fillies squealed as I started to continued to sit there in annoyance.

"Isn't he cool?" the small white furred unicorn asked her orange colored pegasus friend.

"He's pretty cool. Not as cool as Rainbow Dash, but still." I gave a large sigh, to which most of the ponies observed me with confusion, to which I bore my eyes at them menacingly. Humans could be pretty scary when they put their minds to it, and my dark blue eyes did the trick perfectly as some looked away in fear, but the fillies continued to observe, but then I notice something. The white unicorn had an older sibling behind her also watching me with curiosity, but then when I bore my eyes at her she shyed away.

"I don't know Sweetie. He looks a little on the more unsettling side. He does look rather nice though." I could care less. Personally, I don't think I looked that great besides my muscle mass, but well, when working out for three years you tend to have loads of that. They were definitely siblings though; although by the tone and look, I could tell the sister was more of a higher class acting pony. Hopefully their attitude didn't reflect the high class they looked and acted like. Snobby rich-acting people pissed me off too much.

"Awe, but Rarity..." the small filly pleaded as the tour group moved on, with Cassy beginning on other subjects. The three lingered behind, with the one called Sweetie giving puppy eyes to Rarity. "You asked me to help pick out a pet, and I think he looks so cool! He could help me get my cutie mark!"

I even got coddled into the act. The fillies were very adorable to say the least. Like a puppy dog, but slightly larger, and with much bigger eyes. If I could, I would've 'dawwed,' but as I couldn't without having blood rush out of my mouth, I simply grunted. I wasn't sure why the other one was, until she revealed that she didn't really care as it didn't matter to her. She just wanted to hang with the unicorn filly.

"Fine, but you have to help take care of him." Meanwhile, I was planning on my escape. Hopefully they thought humans stupid enough to not interact with doors and let me roam around. If that, then I would be home free. Hopefully the magic wouldn't get in my way, although counting on the fact that it was a doubt gave no help to my mind.

The filly cheered and hugged her sister, while eyeing me with a twinkle in her eye and a eerie face return from me. Afterwards I was rudely handled by magic to clean me up, then fitted with a collar the unicorn brought. Oddly enough, the material didn't hurt at all and fit snuggly around my neck, sadly though it was also out of my reach to remove anytime soon. It aggravated me, but I moved on with a sigh in my mind. I had no official name, and no one collected me, so the filly got to name me apparently, to which I again sighed but had to roll with it as the magic made me uselessly suspended in the air.

My new name was that of a 'Wolf.' Generic, but I supposed the filly thought of me as a large predator, and so were wolves to ponies, so I suppose it made sense. Although, I didn't mind it and was surprised I wasn't named something more feminine coming from a small female child pony. And then I figured out who owned the odd looking, yet strangely unique carousel building. I was going to have a LONG first day to say the least.

Author's Note:

Side story. Rarity doesn't own a cat btw if anyone was wondering; in this she doesn't.