• Published 16th Aug 2016
  • 2,759 Views, 38 Comments

The Animal: Inside and Out. - Mick0339



A teenager, with no knowledge of any world but his own finds himself in another. Of course, his species are also there, but in a different evolutionary path; as mindless, aggressive beasts. It also doesn't help he's thought of as one.

  • ...
14
 38
 2,759

Chapter 7- Humanity is a Dangerous Animal.

And when the final lights of refuge were extinguished many lost hope. Many fell down, letting everything go to the wind until they themselves faltered the same way: running with the wind. But some, they stood back up, took it all in and then smiled at the hand fate had dealt them. No, they were determined. They were not going to die. It was the best part of human nature at work. It's a common misconception about humanity, because when times are at their worse, when people have lost all hope is when the flame of humanity is kindled in its cradle. Truly, when the darkest times are upon us is when we shine the most, not as one, but as all.


I smiled as I thought about their reactions. I had planned everything out beforehand. I was prepared to say. Of course, I couldn't voice my opinion when the ponies looked at me, their human pets included, with apprehension, and with the glare, one would give to a servant. Is that all I've become? No, I was not a servant like that.

"And here we are," the one known as Twilight spoke, only to see her friends seemingly glaring at me with curiosity and concern, Rarity and Fluttershy nervous and concerned the most. It's funny, I probably wouldn't have said much anyway. I wasn't much of a talking man. In situations like these, it's best to keep quiet anyway, lest people, well ponies, think you're hostile.

"Princess, can you please tell us what this is about now?" Twilight asked Celestia and longing for answers, although when she looked at Luna she knew she was in the dark as well.

That's when Celestia handed me a quill and some paper. Damn, it was near impossible to write with the thing, but well, when communication is on the line, sacrifices are made.

"Hello." I wrote on the piece of paper only to see the one known as Rainbow Dash laugh at 'Celestia's' antics.

"Sister, what is this about? It this another joke?" Twilight had to nod in agreement, seemingly confused. I simply shook my head and slowly got up. Luna seemed certain it was a prank.

"No Luna, this is not. Believe it or not, this human is not exactly normal." I huffed.

"You got that right." Eyes seemingly boggled out of their respective heads.

"Wait, he can understand us?" I nodded to Twilight's question.

"Wait, so when aah strung you up, you weren't just some dumb animal?" The apple-flanked mare asked again. Again I nodded.

"I was not." I gazed over at Rose to see her soundly asleep. "I would've killed that pony." Seemingly more gasps. But Celestia silenced them.

"I've seen some of his past, some of the reasons why he is here, which point to an anomaly. He's actually told me quite a few knowledgeable things that only I know sparsely. I believe him when he says he's not dumb." Twilight seemed googlely eyed at this, almost n a trance for more knowledge. There were things this society wasn't ready to know so I simply placed a keyword on my paper.

"I will not be teaching ponies any knowledge. What I told Celestia was a very small amount of theories that I figured your society has thought of already." Swords and Shields were the extents they should be at right now.

"Wait, you're not from around here?" The timid mare spoke her question.

"Very perceptive." I leaned back as I expected more eyes to bulge.

"You're an alien?!" The pink mare practically shouted in glee. "Are you? Are you!? OOOOh, do you like cake? Parties? Did you have a lot of friends?!" That last one struck me a little in the heart. My family, my friends, they were all gone. I slightly saddened at that, which only made the ponies glare at Pinkie Pie. I shook my head at them. Yet hope remained. There was a question I had to ask.

"Can you send me back home?" Celestia seemed to widen and feel quite dumbfounded.

"I never realized. if you're from another world, we should be able to send you back. Actually, Sister help me please." This was it, I could go home! As much as my mind was curious with the tales here, I wanted to see my friends and family again. I was pretty homesick by this point and I was getting tired of the strain my brain had from this world's dilemmas and rather sad society. I fell like this isn't where I belong. With talking colored ponies is not where I belong I feel. Instinct is one of the only things I had left and so it was one of my greatest tools. So when I typed in my question and it spits out the answer of renewed hope I was quick to jump on the bandwagon.

"Of course," Luna said as she and Celestia approached me, horns lit.

"Is there anything you'd like to do before you leave?" I shook my head. I'd like to go home.

That's when I saw the light at the end of the tunnel, or well everything was white as they had their horns lit up to intense amounts.

"We've traced your home and you should be home within a few seconds," Celestia stated as the light then began to fade.

I was home.


Or not. I suppose I was hoping for too much as I saw the ponies gasped faces at my arrival, or well, staying here.

"That's strange, the spell should work. Perhaps we can fix it and try again, but as of right now you're stuck here." Well, I could've guessed, but well it still sucks. I suppose I truly owed them some questions and answers.

"I suppose we should get information out of the way."

Twilight visibly lightened and asked the one question that everyone, or well, pony was wondering. What were humans really like? "What are your humans like?"

I knew they would ask this, it should be obvious actually. "Please sit back, this is going to be long."

(Take a gander at this music. This is also one of my favorite games ever and this guy remastered the music perfectly).

I had to avoid weaponry as much as possible. I talked about our history. Our progress, religion, achievements, technology, without any fundamental clues to replication, and even our highest pinnacle, our current final frontier. They all sat there fascinated as I spoke of the Egyptians and their tales of mighty gods in the sky and their achievements in empire building and the pyramids. I spoke of Roman's genius architecture and grand empire. I tried to keep out as much conflict as I could, although I could see they saw things weren't;t adding up. I continued on, however. I spoke of the dark middle ages, the birth of Christianity, the crusades and such. I spoke of feudalism, kingship, nations, and alliances. I spoke of the mighty revolutions, sprawling industry. I spoke of my home; Democracy, which struck them as almost preposterous when they asked about leadership. I revealed much about food and transportation. Jets able to soar across the sky in the blink of an eye, and go across the planet in less than a day. I spoke of mighty people, able to accomplish the impossible. People able to run for days without sleep. They were all fascinated until Luna asked the most pivotal question: Miltary, weapons, and wars.

"I suppose it's time I show you the darker side of humanity." They all focused, Celestia and Luna becoming troubled as I showed them all the words.

"We've always been an aggressive people. Mighty nations would rise and fall overnight. People would fight for what they believed in, and sometimes that didn't mean peace and prosperity. Ultimately we've killed hundreds of millions of our kind over time. We-We've built weapons to destroy entire nations in the blink of an eye. Guns and Armor to repel the mightiest weapons. We've altered people using drugs and mechanical enhancements, making them act almost inhumanely. Robots to kill in mass droves and lasers to annihilate any enemy in the blink of an eye. There have been wars for reasons as simple as insults and as complex as ideas of a new world order. In fact, evil has often triumphed in our world, in places closer to the top than most think. Humans are selfish, greed usually consumes them and power always seem to be in the grasp of the corrupted. However, humanity finds a way as Dictators and Kings are usually murdered, paraded around the street. I told them of genocide, of Hitler and Stalin, of Mao Zedong and Mussolini, of modern day tyrants and terrorists and radical Islamic movements. Don't get me wrong, though, humanity has had our greatest achievements during war, because ultimately when humanity is at its darkest hour and defeat seems inevitable is when the light shines in our darkness and we achieve new heights and change the world forever."

"It's almost unsettling," Celestia spoke, with the rest of the group almost disgusted at what I said. "I mean, how can you kill so many of your own. With how it sounds, with those weapons of yours, I would expect you to have killed each other off."

"Yes, those weapons I spoke of are perhaps our greatest call for peace. Because ultimately if one of those weapons falls our world would no longer exist." Most would say I exaggerate, yet it's the truth. There have already been instances when the call was almost made to destroy the world.

"How? How strong is your magic to do all of this?" Twilight asked.

"We don't have magic," and yet more gasps were heard. "Although having magic might be the reason we have such weapons. The true idea of technology is to satisfy the needs and wants of people, and with magic, many of those needs and wants are satisfied."

"If humans are so strong, how are they not ruling us right now?" Rainbow asked, smirking in arrogance at pony dominance, "are you just lying?"

"No, on my planet, ponies, horses and such are nothing more than common animals, much like humans here, but there are key differences, plainly stating that I am not an Equestrian human at all, and you are not Earthly ponies."

"I honestly don't know what to say," Twilight commented. "I just, this seems so fake."

"It does, yes, even sometimes I wonder how we have such technology, yet there is still so much more to discover and we're not even close to reaching our limit." And yet, there are many technologies just decades away that would completely destroy the fabric of reality. Artificial Intelligence; not the fake AI, but truly thinking beings. Terraformation, the ability to reform planets forcefully. Perhaps even Faster than light travel, the stuff of sci-fi could perhaps come to us. Looking at these ponies, though, I could see that evolution has both blessed them and cursed them.

While they have the ability of magic, and the interaction of other sentient life, Humanity has an untapped brain of potential. I may sound speciesest, but if there was any war, any competition, besides magical and maybe running speed, there would be no competition. Jets could go way past Mach 4, and that's the unclassified aircraft, what about the aircraft flying above Area 51? And smarts, well not only considering that they have pre-industrialization standards, it's hard to question their complete knowledge, but they have nothing of the sort compared to human advancement.
And for strength, let's just say a competent bodybuilder could most likely push back four ponies at once in a competition like tug of war.

Yet, I suppose war is what has advanced Humanity so much. The many civilian items we have today have come from military experiments. Microwaves, Televisions, Computers, Jets, the list can go on. And looks can look deceiving, but I don't think it's doing so when I look at these ponies. And maybe I would test it.

"I hope it's not offensive, but when exactly was your last war?" The two princesses seemed to look unsure as they eyed themselves over and then looked back to my imposing and standing form.

"That, well, it's been a few centuries since our last bout'." Celestia looked almost embarrassed to say it. Although, I wouldn't call it a bad thing. Death is never easy to accept and having perpetual peace can also make progress; maybe not as much, but progress non-the-less.

It also showed me that these two were competent and rather benevolent leaders. And I guess I would have to prove it.

"Offensive or defensive?"

"Well, we were invaded by our Griffon neighbors, but we adequately defended ourselves." That proves it, this was a rather peaceful country.

"Is there anything else you'd like to ask?"

"Wait, actually we've missed a key part. If you can't go home for the foreseeable future, where will you stay--Mike?" Luna seemed like she had forgotten my name. Not surprising since humans were called animal names most likely.

"I believe I can address that your highness," Rarity spoke up this time. Oh god.


There was a bit or arguing between Rarity, Twilight and myself, but ultimately it was decided that Rose could stay here and I will go wit Rarity to her home.

"One last thing Twilight." My face still held a serene look. "If I find out you harmed Rose in any way without cause, I won't care if you're royalty. I'll snap that little horn off of your head." Every one of the ponies gasped loudly at those words while Twilight gulped down her stuck bile. My face was cracked and boring into the young alicorn's face, but lightened up. "I don't expect you to."

"You just threatened Twilight?" Applejack asked, still holding a widened face.

"No, I made a promise."

Author's Note:

Welp, here we go.

Comments ( 9 )

Yes !!Finally.

Looking forward to the next chapter

Oh boy, there's not going going to be a war is there?

This. Was. Awsome.

But why is it cance-e-elled?? Are you bad at slice of life?

Eh, it’s fine.

please update

Is this history dead??:pinkiesad2:

Login or register to comment