• Published 26th Jun 2016
  • 1,349 Views, 29 Comments

Friendship is Failure #1: Writer's Blockade - DakariKingMykan



Twilight sparkle and Starlight Glimmer try to mend a friendship problem in Canterlot, but only end up making things worse

  • ...
79
 29
 1,349

Intro: Packing for Canerlot

INTRO

Starlight Glimmer was busy packing her bags, for she Princess Twilight Sparkle, and Spike were due to catch a train bound for Canterlot.

“There, I think that’s just about everything.” Starlight said to herself, and she checked off her list.

There was a knock at her door.

“Come in…”

Princess Twilight walked in and asked, “How’s the packing going, Starlight?”

Spike came up alongside her, looking pretty beat. “Please say you’re done?” he groaned softly, and the reason he was so beat was because outside was a huge trolley of suitcases and luggage, all of which were Twilight’s, which he spent all morning helping her load.

Starlight saw the pile and asked again “Why pack so much?”

“Oh, you know me. I just like to be prepared for anything.” said Twilight “Besides, we’ll be staying in Canterlot all week, as part of your friendship training, and I figured I may as well visit my old friends while I’m at it.”

Starlight felt it would be nice to see Canterlot again, but she honestly didn’t know what to expect there that would help her in her friendship training. “Whatever happens…” she said “I just hope I don’t mess things up.”

“Ah, come on, Starlight…” Spike said “How could you mess things up? I mean sure, you were once evil, tried to destroy Equestria and all that stuff…” he stopped when Twilight covered his mouth with her hoof, but Starlight already heard it and looked deeply remorseful.

“I’m sure you’ll be fine.” said Twilight “Who knows, maybe there won’t be any friendship issues to deal with, and even if there is, just try your best.

As Princess Celestia once told me: “Twilight, you’ll never know unless you try.”

Starlight smiled at that saying, finding it really profound and deep, but Spike got both the girls’ attention by clearing his throat, “Um, I hate to break up the moment, but we’ll never make our train unless we GET GOING!”

The girls concurred and headed off leaving Spike to push the heavy load of luggage… which didn’t seem to want to move an inch.

“Um, a little help, please!” he hollered.