• Published 4th Jul 2016
  • 427 Views, 9 Comments

The Seventh Member of the Friendship Council - SkystreamthePegasus



One night, a seventh throne grows out of the floor in the castle. One day, a Pegasi's wings told her it's time to go

  • ...
 9
 427

And so it begins...

On the outskirts of Las Pegasus, a young pegasi had taken a break from her frantic packing to watch the sunset that Celestia was putting on. She had never missed a sunset since she was a filly, and she wasn't letting some pesky moving get in the way of that. She could tell Celestia had a good day from the colors she was adding this time. There were many purples and oranges mingling and dancing, which meant that The Princess was in one of her best moods that afternoon. Celestia's sunsets always reflect her mood. When she set the sun quickly, she was sad. The sun usually set quickly before Luna came back, but in the days after the Summer Sun Celebration, Celestia put on some amazing shows those sunsets. Suddenly, the Pegasi's aching wings called her back to life and made her get back to packing.

As she packed, she thought why she was packing in the first place. On the last night of her latest show, Fly, Fly, Birdie, her wings ached and a voice whispered to her soul, I want to go home. The last time that happened was when she was in Canterlot, preforming in a production of Winged (Pronounced WING-ed), and it lead her to her home of the last ten years in Las Pegasus. Now her wings would guide her again. She put on her saddle bags and stole one last look in the full-body mirror that she was leaving along with the rest of her furniture. She looked from her messy mane of purple and turquoise, to her nature green fur, to her powerful wings the were literally shaking at that moment, and to her Cutie Mark. Ugh, why would an official name for such an important part of everypony's life be so... cutesy? If she had her way, she would call them Talent Marks, since that is what they basically were. Even though she despised the name, she adored her mark. A theatre mask, the one symbolizing comedy, with a musical note crossed behind it. It showed her love for musical theatre in a literal sense, and her love making ponies and others happy with that talent. She could have thought about her mark for hours, but, once again, her wings ached and pulled her back into reality.

She left the house and put on the sign she and her friend Bright Light had made on her door. It said, "Free house for anyone who needs it, Fully furnished". She thought it would be nice to leave just as she found it, with a sign this time of course. She looked over her flight plan once more. She said quietly to herself, "Alright Skystream, don't forget your plans like you did when you visited Crissy last fall! Just head to Canterlot in the correct Weather conditions. There's a light shower in Ponyville tomorrow, but you should miss it by a day. Then just let your wings guide you like last time. Just follow the plan and the map and you'll be fine". And with that, she gave her wings a few flaps, a quick hover, and then she took off for Canterlot.


At the same time as Skystream left for a new home, a magical event was happening in a not so humble living place. And by that I mean a giant crystal palace that looks so fake it could be a toy set! Anyway, A strong vibration has shaken a purple alicorn out of bed. Who is this purple alicorn you may ask? Why it's Crystal Princess of Friendship Twilight Sparkle the Alicorn! Or Twilight Sparkle for short, Twilight for shorter, Twilly for even shorter, and Twi for shortest! But, it's usually just Twilight. Twilight groggily got off the floor and walked out the door, slightly annoyed. She was annoyed because there's only two reasons that this could happen. One, Pinkie didn't have a party that day and decided to come here in the middle of the night and throw a party for merely existing and her party cannon hit the wall. It would the the 7th time in... I don't know... A MONTH! But, as Twilight ran from room to room, there was no sign of a party being thrown. And she checked everywhere, from the library to the kitchen to the many bathrooms (and there are 396!) yet, there was nothing.

That led her to believe the second option. A sleepwalking Applejack, Big Mac, Applebloom, or even Granny Smith had come to buck the largest Crystal Apples in the world. It had happened 28 times that year. So she walked down the stairs, prepared to wake up an Earth Pony and send them back to the barn, but, when she got outside and walked around the trunk of her Crystal tree (she never knew how large the perimeter of her tree's trunk was!) she found that there was no pony to be found.

Confused, she climbed up her stairs on her way to her bedroom. But, when she passed the Throne Room, an even larger vibration occurred. This signaled to her brain that, since the vibration was stronger here, the source of the vibration had to be in the Throne Room. She went into the room in time to see an amazing event. The thrones were moving, making a space where another throne was growing right out of the floor! Twilight was shocked and her mind was spinning. She was just below the Throne Room and she would have noticed a throne hanging from the ceiling! And why is another throne appearing? The only members were herself and her friends! And she had barley even started teaching Starlight about friendship! And what if she didn't know the pony this throne was meant for? Was this why The Map hadn't been working since Starlight moved here? If so, then why had it appeared now? Instead of the day Starlight moved? And the most important question, HOW WAS A THRONE-BASICALLY A GLORIFIED CHAIR-APPEARING OUT OF THIN AIR?!?!?!? (Well Twilight, it's actually growing out of the floor and it's actually very thick) Finally, when the throne was fully grown. She starred at it for a solid minute, unsure of what to do and paralyzed by confusion. Then, suddenly and without warning, Twilight did something she hadn't done in two years. She fainted.

Author's Note:

IT'S FINALLY DONE!! YAAAASSS!!!! I hate writing for Twilight. Also, this Chapter and story is hereby in memory of Short Stories deceased baby gerbil, Storme.