• Published 4th Jul 2016
  • 426 Views, 9 Comments

The Seventh Member of the Friendship Council - SkystreamthePegasus



One night, a seventh throne grows out of the floor in the castle. One day, a Pegasi's wings told her it's time to go

  • ...
 9
 426

On course to...

Skystream had never been more mad at her branch of the pony species than at that moment. It had been about a day and a half since she left Las Pegasus and she was flying over the Ponyville area, because Ponyville stretches far bigger than what we see, and you know the light showering that was supposed to happen the day before? Welp, they forgot...again. So they had to make it up with a massive storm...again! So the nice, peaceful weather Skystream had expected to fly in was now walls of water and lighting she was struggling to get through. And the worst part was that the inn she was supposed to stay at was miles away and she was supposed to check-in in an hour! While she wasn't the most punctual pony, she preferred showing up at an inn when she was supposed to. As she struggled to fight her way through the horrible storm, she felt her wings beginning to weighed down by he water that was soaking her to the bone. It was absolutely bone-chilling, for she knew that if she didn't get out of this storm soon, she would plummet to the ground. She looked around, praying to her princess that the storm ended somewhere, but the rain blurred out everything more then a few hooves away. And she knew her geography enough that she knew there was a meadow under her, where there would be no shelter from this torrential downpour. Then she realized, the only place she might be safe, is above the Everfree forest. Nopony could control the weather there, perhaps it was unaffected by the storm. And so, she flew to above the Everfree Forest, praying for safety.

Ponyville Weather Ponies? The Everfree sees your storm, and raises it. That's all that went through Skystream's mind as she was knocked around and drenched by this storm she could only describe as... Everfree. There were Parasprites flying by and leafs were going in her eyes, making her blink many times. Sky's wings were only getting heavier as time went by and Sky knew she needed to land. She spotted a small clearing and, as graceful as Rainbow Dash doing ballet, she landed and quickly dashed to the trees. "Well," she thought optimistically, "it's not the safest place to be, but at least there's shelter!" As she walked, she made a plan in her mind. Try to find the Zebra that Crissy had told her about (Zecobra was it?) and ask her to give her shelter until this storm passes. Sky knew it was a good plan, with one slight, minuscule, problem. SHE HAD NO IDEA WHERE SHE WAS. Any at all paths couldn't be seen in all the downpour, and she was exhausted. Her hooves were warning her that they might give out at any second. Just as she realized that she might want to just find an abandoned cave and sleep there, a crack sounded above her head. She looked up, and the last thing she saw was a huge branch falling down at her at very fast speeds before everything went into an inkwell.


Twilight was unsure how long she was out, but judging by the fact that she was woken up by her student, Starlight Glimmer who had been out for a few days making friends in Griffinstone, she assumed at least a day.

"Twilight! Are you alright?" Starlight cried nervously, "I just got back and I found you here unconscious! Did someone come in here? Did they take your memory? Why would this happe-" She stopped and the only reason Twilight could assume was that she saw the new throne.

As she got up, she asked her stunned student, "Do you see now? I saw it grow out of the floor!"

"But why would this happen, Twilight?" Starlight asked, hoping Twilight knew.

Twilight replied, "I don't know, Starlight, but I'm determined to find out!" She walked over to the new throne. "Let's start by finding out just who it belongs to- NO WAY!"

"What's wrong, Twilight? Does the Cutie Mark belong to somepony you know?"

"No Starlight, there is no problem with the Cutie Mark, mostly because there isn't one there!" Twilight was staring at the space where the Cutie Mark should be, instead there were words.

"There will be a new threat, and you need something the six of you do not have. It is found in the heart of every Manticore, yet has been lost in ponies, and without it, Equestria will lose everything." The first thing that came to Twilight's head was,"What a horrible Prophecy!", but after that, her mind was spinning. What could be in the heart of a Manticore that ponies have lost? Ponies are more intelligent beings... could we need primal instinct? But she could pull that out of a pony with a simple spell, so that isn't lost to us. And how would we know... would we just need the pony to sit on the chair and the Cutie Mark would appear?

"I could try that!" Starlight exclaimed.

"Did you just read my mind?" Twilight exclaimed. She knew that Starlight could do advanced magic, but this was new!

"No, you talking out loud again" Oh, that made more sense.

"Go ahead Starlight, maybe you're the pony we need to beat this unknown threat", Twilight said as she motioned to the throne. Starlight walked up to the throne and sat down.

Suddenly, her eyes glowed white and she started talking to what seemed like herself, "Huh? No, your wrong.... Twilight and her friends have already forgiven me...what do you mean...Twilight just sent me away to make friends with...well, you are right about that...NO! NOOO! NNOOOOOO!!!!" Starlight ejected herself from the throne, sweating.

"What happened?" Twilight asked nervously.

"Well, after I got on the throne, I was transported to a dark room. Then a light shown down on me, and a bunch of voices started talking to me in sync, telling me that nopony would ever forgive or forget what I had done, and when I told them that you and your friends had already forgiven me, they told me that you don't trust me not to steal Cutie Marks again, and then the voice surrounded me and chanted 'They will never forgive you' and got louder and louder and louder till I couldn't take it and had to get off the throne. It was my worst fear"

Twilight thought that was a regular test. There wasn't much that could be learned from that kind of test. There must be something more. Twilight's horn lit up as Spike suddenly appeared from thin air. "Spike, I need you to send five letters to Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, Applejack, Rainbow Dash, and Rartiy. Tell them to come tomorrow morning for a meeting, if that isn't to much trouble". Spike was already writing the letters. Good, Twilight knew she would need her friends help to figure this one out. As the thunder crashed outside, a new story was about to begin.

Author's Note:

Yep, I did this. A storm, my first conversation between two ponies, and a brief appearance from Spike. Was the Dialogue in-character? Did they show good Chemistry? Also, second chapter! Wasn't sure this would happen so soon. Yay :yay:! Constructive Criticism appreciated. And once again, this Chapter and Story is dedicated to the deceased Gerbil, Storme.