• Published 4th Jul 2016
  • 425 Views, 9 Comments

The Seventh Member of the Friendship Council - SkystreamthePegasus



One night, a seventh throne grows out of the floor in the castle. One day, a Pegasi's wings told her it's time to go

  • ...
 9
 425

A Nurse, an Actor, and a Princess walk into a bar...

A knock on the door came as a surprise, for only half an hour had passed since they started waiting. It obviously startled Fluttershy as well, for she was on her back on the floor. She got up, blushed, and opened the door. Something white suddenly blasted across the floor. Or wait, was it the ceiling? How exactly did the world turn upside down? And how was Fluttershy standing upside down without using her wings?

"Oh! I am terribly sorry! In my rush to get in here, I accidentally flipped the couch over! Are you okay?" an earth pony in a nurse's outfit exclaimed. Skystream managed to set herself up right and nodded.

"I'm fine, just a little dizzy due to the blood rushing out of my brain right now" Sky said as she wobbled, "Are you Nurse Redheart?" The pony nodded, "Then how did you get here so fast?"

"Oh! That was easy! I just snuck out of the window when my assistant was resetting the spell on my office holding me back, and ran for the hills! For all he knows, I'm still there, begrudgingly doing paperwork!" Redheart smiled widely,"Now, where's my patient?"

"Right here! Standing in front of you?" Sky turned so Redheart could see the casts,"I was under a branch in the storm when I was hit by that very branch. I apparently broke my wings" Redheart looked over the casts and adjusted a few things.

"Good job Fluttershy, for your first time doing this on a pony, you did surprisingly well. I honestly thought you'd be too scared you'd do more harm than help" Fluttershy blushed profusely, "I think I can heal these wings now. Stand still please?"

Sky was confused, how can an earth pony heal her in this instant, but she did as she was told. Redheart put her hooves on the base of Sky's wings and started to mutter something. Sky noticed how Redheart's Cutie Mark, Sky internally screamed for calling them that, started to subtly glow.

Suddenly Redheart yelled out, "Celestia! Luna! Cadence! Twilight! Lend me your power, and use the Equality of Four to balance out the damage done to this poor, poor Pegasus!". Suddenly, Sky felt the bones in her wings knitting themselves together, but not in a painful way.
It was like..."it was strange, but gentile...how'd ya do that? Did you really call on the Princess to help you?" Sky scolded herself for not asking for her saddlebags, for she would have gotten a notepad out. This was to interesting for her! What, is Redheart is a spiritual envoy? With a direct line to the princesses...it would be a scientific and magic breakthrough!

"No, I just say that to be dramatic." Well, there goes that theory...,"My healing magic does the work for me. It makes it easier to jobs when it has to be quick. Now please, try and flex your wings" Redheart didn't even have time to take off the casts when Skystream made them explode off her wings. "Wow...such strong wings...I guess the magic worked! Haven't done that in a while so, that's good. Anyway, umm...I’m sorry, but… what was your name again?"

"Skystream"

"Right! Okay Skystream, I would like to look over your wings in a few weeks so I can make sure your wings are fully healed by then. So no long flights until then, okay?"

"But, I have nowhere to stay. As much as I appreciate Fluttershy letting me stay here so she could help me, I don't want to burden her. I am pretty sure that she has enough on her hooves with her animals. And I don't have any friends living here that I could stay with at the moment..."

"Actually, Twilight might be able to help you!", Everypony looked at Fluttershy, who had stayed silent throughout this whole time. "She and the others are having a meeting right now, and I bet if we hurry, we can make it over there before she disappears behind her latest book" Sky simply smiled, nodded and, as if there was some kind of unspoken agreement between them, they sped off towards the castle, leaving Redheart behind.
As they ran, they heard a very angry Unicorn screaming out the window, "REDHEAAAAAART!!!!", Sky and Flutters smiled at each other knowingly as they arrived at the door to the castle. Sky opened the door and they continued to run, Fluttershy leading the way until they reached the throne room. They burst through and heard Twilight saying, "And that's just the way it is"


"Are you KIDDING ME?!?!" Twilight’s shriek echoed throughout the throne room, making it sound quite loud and threatening. Twilight made a mental note remember that, "Nopony could think of anypony! I can't believe this! Out of all of the members of the Friendship Council, we should be able to think of at least one possible candidate? Not one possibility?!"

"Well, you couldn't either, Twilight!" Rainbow interjected, "And it's hard to think of ponies who have what a Manticore supposedly has. We don't even know what that means!" Twilight saw the reasoning in that. She felt warmth rush to her face as she realized she may have set an impossible goal.

"Twi, why don't we all think of what a gosh durn manticore could have that we don't?" Applejack suggested.

"I've tried that and ,unless Starlight has realized something from the test she endured, we don't have anything to go on,"

"Actually, I have thought of something" everyone looked at Starlight, bewildered, except for Pinkie, who seemed to know that she would say this,"Well, I was forced to face one of my greatest fears. And, after thinking about it, the voices were the ponies in Equalis, even though they had already forgiven me. So, perhaps it has something to do with courage" Twilight had only facehooved so hard once before in her life. “Of course it was courage!” She rambled blindly, “how could I not have thought of that!? Facing some pony's worst fear is a sure sign of courage! But had ponies truly lost courage? And why would a Manticore have it? They're propelled by instinct, nothing else!”

"You're doing it again, Twilight"

"Huh? Oh, I said that all out loud...oops"

"Well, to answer your question, Twilight, Ah reckon that it's referen' to how Lions or Manticores are symbols of courage. They always have been in every story ah told Applebloom when she was younger" Applejack inserted, "Even if they don't really have courage. it's used so much that most ponies would understand it as such"

"Except me, apparently..." Twilight sighed, "Well, armed with this new information, does anyone have any more ideas?". They all sat there for quite awhile, thinking, except for Starlight, who busied herself with refilling everyponys coffee, "Well, until we figure out who would sit on that throne, we will need to figure out what exactly could be a possible threat to Equestria. Everypony will need to be doing research on this," the door slammed open as Twi said, ''and that's just the way it is''; she turned around to see who had come through, shocked to see Fluttershy accompanied by a pony she’d never seen in her life.

Author's Note:

AHHHHHHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHA I HAAAAAAAAAAAATE WRITING BORING MEETINGS!!! Gah, anyway... It's finally here! And it's the staaaaart, of something neeeeew! :derpytongue2: Anywho, this story and chapter is dedicated to Short Stories' fallecido pet Gerbil, Storme. Thank you for waiting so long!

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment