• Published 1st Jul 2012
  • 1,812 Views, 49 Comments

Strength of a Brother's Bond - Trexorb

  • ...
5
 49
 1,812

Chapter Extra: Vision of the Future (Komodo's POV)

Chapter Extra: Visions of the Future

“Tsk tsk. I expected more from you. All you had to do was kill me, and half the army could have disappeared, but you're holding back. And for what? Just so you can find out where I hid your dearly beloved brother?” The monster said in the shadows.

This wasn’t working at all. The plan was supposed to be simple: Get as much info about this commander, then kill him or let the other pieces take care of it. What I didn’t suspect was that he would be so fucking powerful. He’s like a god if I didn’t know any better and he never stepped out of the shadows yet, already hurting me with just mere magic.

This was seriously getting ridiculous: I was ordered to rush in and find out who was commanding this section of the enemy army. What I didn’t suspect was that he found my brother and captured him, and that just ticked me off. I just ignored orders and attacked this man with blinding rage, ignoring my brain’s function to stay with the mission.

Now here I was, on my right a cliff overlooking the battlefield, with the desolation of the blood and bodies everywhere on the floor from both the enemy and our own army. My left was the remains of a forest, after the great travesties of the smooze invasion.

The smoke from other battles were rising to our height, while I picked myself back up, ready for another round.

“Hmmmm? Really now. This is why you humans are so naive. Thinking that if you keep doing the same ridiculous thing over and over, you expect to get a different result. I believe they call that ‘insanity’.” The creature smirked, with his one yellow dragon eye on me, and his left eye closed. Who is this thing? I remember fighting someone similar to him, but he should be long dead thanks to Knightmare.

“Well, I could just spare you the trouble, and tell you where he is.” The creature said, stepping out of the shadow. “That is if, is your brother more important than this war?”

Stepping fully into the red sun’s light, I could clearly see who this monster was.....

And I regret even trying to face him alone.

“Did you really forget who I was so quickly, Will? I am shocked and appalled. I would have thought that a smart human like yourself would have realized what he was going up against. And all alone too! Bravo for the bravery of coming here alone! Or is it stupidity.” The monster said, putting a claw on his chin to look as if he was actually debating which was the correct answer.

Standing before me was no monster, but a demon. He was a failed experiment, a regretful mistake, a forgotten man, and the cause for most of the destruction on this battlefield already. He was only a half dragon, the other half was human. In a human form, but with claws, black and purple scales, a tail, and only one wing. His face was still that of his human form, with the only difference being that he was covered with scales and instead of hair, he had white spikes instead. His right eye had that of the dragon, while his left, had the unforgivable power of the king....


Geass.


Closing both of my eyes, I focused on my left eye, seeing only him in a human aura. The rest of the world was only outlined, but him and I were the only ones colored in green, meaning that I can still see him. Thank Celestia she decided to give me back this power for the war. I would have already lost if I looked into his eye.

“Oh? I see you remember I had this power. The power to control people against their own will: Geass. I really should thank the people back in tartarus for giving this back to me. Especially after you ruined the last one.” The outline of the demon said, taking another step closer.

“You should be dead!” I shouted with my eyes still closed, but ‘sensing’ him coming closer. “Knightmare and I killed you!”

“All you did was delay the inevitable.” The half-dragon said calmly.

Seeing his outline step closer to me again, I turn and run towards the dead forest, hoping to get away from the freak and warn the others.

”Accelero.” ‘Acceleration’ I shouted, hoping that with the meteorites extra magic boost, that I would actually get away from him in time.

”Terra culmen.” ‘Earth column’

Before I knew it, a huge rock wall surrounded the area, keeping me trap with the monster. With my speed, I could just run up the wall, but then he would just keep me here, using more of his magic to control the surrounding area to his will. No, running away is useless. I have no choice...

“I’m not going to let you run away so you can warn you the other pieces. No, I’m going to gut you slowly, and skin you alive!” He said, emphasizing the his point by pretending to skin me

“Then I’ll have both your precious brother with me and your ‘oh so powerful’ shield. Oh! You remember that offer I gave you earlier, the one where you could just walk away once I give you your brother’s location? Well it’s gone now, because I am going to ENJOY this.” The demon said. He raised his right claw in the air, looking at it through the bloody sun.

“Animus messor” ‘Soul Harvester’

Suddenly, his hand turned into that of a bloody scythe. “I actually had to make a deal to still be alive for this. Turn in more souls, and I can still be kept alive. ‘A soul a week’ they said. So imagine what this war will do for me.” The demon smiled.

Dear god, ‘a soul a week’? With all the massacre, the bloodshed of all these battle, this war itself, he could live for about....

“Eternity...” I said dumbstruck, My eyes going wide at this. I could feel my legs shaking, with the magic of acceleration already dying down, I knew it was fear that was running throughout my body. I really wish I could teleport out of here or at least have wings to fly.

“Well... not eternity, but pretty close.” The half-dragon said, flaring his dark wing out. “But I could care less about eternity. I just want to live long enough to make sure you humans don’t come here anymore.”

“I just have to kill or control Celestia, Discord, and all other gods who even tried to bring you all here. Once that’s over, Equestria will go back to being what it once was: A utopia! Free of any trouble and human knowledge. With this geass I can have all traces of humanity erased from this world! Than I can be its guardian, watching over all creatures to see that all is what it once was in the past! I SHALL KEEP THIS WORLD PURE! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!” He proceeded to laugh maniacally, sending more chills down my scaly spine.

This guy is completely insane! Does he really think that with geass and some hell power, that he can do such a thing?

“You're completely crazy, Adam! You have to stop....”


“DON’T CALL ME BY THAT NAME! I AM NOT A HUMAN ANY LONGER! MY HUMAN SIDE DIED WHEN I WAS SENT TO THAT TARTARUS PRISON MORE THAN 1000 YEARS AGO! I AM THE DEMON TO BE FEARED! THE ONE WITH THE POWER OF THE KING! THE DEATH OF HUMANITY!! I AM GOD HIMSELF!!” He shouted, getting suddenly furious that I called him by his human name.

“I AM ADAM NO LONGER!


I


AM


RAGNAROK!!!” He screamed, opening his geass eye.

Thankfully, both my eyes were closed, only depending on my ‘human sensor’, to avoid making contact with his eye. I can still feel his anger though, or if anything, the heat of the battle below.

I could run, but all that would do is tire me out and i'll lead him to back to base. I could just wait, but will whoever come and help be enough for us to kill this monster? I could fight, but then.... I'll break my promise if I die.....


"He he......"

I'll do whatever I can to stay alive then! For What I promised!

With no way out, I couldn't help but feel sadden at this inevitable end. Everything seemed to slow down as I started to concentrate on my fire.

“......I guess I have no choice then.” I said softly to myself.

Feeling the familiar black flames on my scaly claws come back one last time, I prepared my final assault against Ragnarok.


This is it...


“Here I go!” I suddenly shouted!



For this world......



“This hand of mine glows with an awesome power!” The black flames was growing with immense heat, as was my desire to live for a promise.



......For all the creatures that are fighting for their lives here......



“It’s burning grip tells me to defeat you!!” I grasp my hands together, bringing out the flames to imitate that of a black burning sword.



.......For Rex and the hoard. For my family.....


“Take this!"


.......I'll take this bastard with me.


"My love!”


Drew...


“My anger!”


...I’m sorry...


“And all of my sorrow!!!”


...I’m going to have to break that promise we made...


Seeing this as the time to strike, Ragnarok went straight for me, bringing his scythe back to swing at me when close. I began running straight at him with my burning black sword.

With this, we were only a few feet away from each other, dashing at mad speed, so timing was everything. We were both screaming at each other: One out of madness, the other out of determination, with the bloody sun watching over our heads. I brought down my sword, while he curved his sycthe to attack. Only mere inches now...

***************************************************************************************************************************

“Where the hell is Komodo?” Jack said to Knightmare, killing off another swarm of the enemy with fire.

“I don’t know, does it look like I’m his babysitter?” Knightmare snapped back, while striking 10 more of the enemy with his guitar. “Stupid creatures.” He muttered.

Before Jack could reply back, a huge black flamed explosion erupted behind the enemy lines, just on the cliff nearby.


“ERUPTING! BURNING!! FINGER!!! SWORD!!!!!!!!!” They heard. That was defiantly Komodo's signature move, though it was a big ripoff from that gundam show.


‘Why is Komodo doing that attack?’ Knightmare thought. ‘The last time he needed to use that was when we fought....’ The sudden realization hit him as he looked at the fiery explosion, seeing only one survivor was standing in the burning blaze, with his burning red eye looking down at his fallen enemy....



**********************************************************************************
















… I will meet you sooner than expected......















......Drew

















(Song ends.)

**********************************************************************************

“GAHHHHHHHHHH!” I shouted, startling myself awake. This is like waking up to that banana dream again, only this time it felt more.... real and scary. What the hell does it even mean?

I look around the cavern to see that It was now night outside, and that the elder dragon was still asleep next to his pile of gems, not snoring this time though.

Adam.... I haven't heard that name since high school... Am I feeling a bit of regret from what I did 3 years ago?

...No, it was his fault and he deserved everything I did to him. It just my conscious trying to have me remember that stupid past.

But what was with the part with me breaking a promise? I don't think I ever made a promise like that before.

"Heh, must be from eating all these gems. I should probably cut back on it." I said, satisfying myself momentarily that it was just too much food that caused the dream.

With a heavy sigh, I lay back down to sleep, hoping that whatever I just dreamt, was only just that: a dream....




or a horrible, horrible nightmare.

















Tick tock,
turn the clock.
Let the pieces play.

Tick tock
turn the clock.
Because they're here to stay.

Tick tock
start the clock.
Let the pieces run.

Tick tock
Ragnarok
is going to have his fun...



A/N: Well, I gotta say this was actually pretty fun thing to write, and yes the nursery rhyme at the end was influenced by 'Doctor Who'. ANYWAYS, this was my take on the whole 'vision of the future', like what Forevermore did with his story called "Skeleton Jack." It's in the same world/ dimension as Komodo, so might as well read it. Wayyyy better than mine, that's for sure. Go on.... DO IT! DO IT NOW!!

Oh yah, and also the other guy, Knightmare, come from JJ Malcolm's Story: "From Nobody to Knightmare." Defiantly read both great stories.