• Published 1st Jul 2012
  • 1,812 Views, 49 Comments

Strength of a Brother's Bond - Trexorb

  • ...
5
 49
 1,812

Chapter 3: Getting Nowhere

Chapter 3

"Well this is just fan-fucking-tastic." I said with sarcasm, throwing my arms up in the air. It's been about a few hours since the fight with the so called "diamond dogs", and the sun was starting to set. With me wandering around aimlessly through the forest, the trees covering what little light there was, and still being unable to find any real landmarks, I decided to find a random spot in the forest and set up camp there. I found a spot that could actually fit me and my size to lie down on. With a pile of wood ready to fire up, I decided to test out if I really was a dragon because dragon's should breathe fire, or at least anything magical, right? That apparently wasn't the same case for me.

"I can't even breathe fire! All I get is some shitty sparks coming out of my mouth like it's the fucking fourth of July!" I wasn't really pleased about the whole, non fire breathing. I love fire, which was one of the reason why I even choose the dragon. This, though, this is like a big middle finger from fate or something.

"Well, might as well make the most of it." I sighed, "Stupid lousy sparks..." As I was muttering my annoyance, I gathered as much leaf and twigs that I could to at least start a fire.

With the leaves catching fire due to my spark, the fire started going, bringing warmth to the forest area. Good timing too, because the sun is finally down and it's getting really dark. In fact, I think this is the only light source in this forest, other than the stars and the moon. Should keep my guard at least, in case any animals or more of those diamond dogs show up.

I decided to lay down for a bit, with my body still sore from the crash landing and from the fight. I don't care if my scales stopped some arrows, they still bruise like a female dog. Or is it female diamond dog here? Actually now that I think about it, can other animals talk english and stand on their hind legs?

My thoughts were interrupted by a rustling in a nearby bush. Oh please, oh please don't tell me it's more of those stupid dogs. I wanted to get up, to at least prepare myself, but my body was refusing to listen to me, still being sore from today's events. I heard the rustling increase, with the sound of something stomping, getting slowly closer and closer. Ok, body doesn't want to move, but maybe I can still entertain it to death with my fireworks. Lifting only my neck, I prepare for whatever, hideous, monstrosity was about to come out of those.....

"Awwwwwww, look at the cute wittle bunny." I said, using my baby voice again. I just can't help it, it's like a problem for me every time I see something adorable...... again, shut up.

What had emerged from the bushes, was a cute white bunny, with its white fur, cute ears and small beady black eyes. It even had a fluffy white tail too, and started scratching it's ear with its foot. "DAWWWWWWWWW" Stop it! Don't look into its eyes! You'll be trapped by its adorableness!

The bunny then seemed to be attracted to the fire, probably for warmth or light, and was sitting opposite of me from the fire. I continued to stare at it, feeling a bit of drool fall down my scaly lips, as it went from bathing itself to scanning the surrounding area, until it's little black eyes stared into my eyes. I'm going to be honest, even though I know that I'm a dragon, I still want to know what my face looks like. Especially now, because once the bunny's eye were looking into mine, it looked like it had seen a horrible beast with sharp teeth, scales, and looking at it like as if said monster is about to kill it, and............. oh wait I'm a terrifying dragon staring at it like it's my dinner. Well I may be hungry as hell right now, but I'm not going to eat the bunny....... while it's awake.

As if the bunny has read my thoughts about slowly roasting it and dripping it with barbeque sauce, it fled back into the bush. "No, wait. Come back!" I shouted after him "I only want to eat you! Is that so bad?" It's the cycle of life right? The strongest survive while weaker ones die off? Oh god I'm so hungry, I'm resorting to killing animals........ like those dogs back at the crater.

"Oh god," I whispered, as I felt the realization hit me. "I killed something.... I actually killed a living thing....and three of them are dead in the crater....." I never really thought about it till now. I killed a living breathing, intelligent sentient creature. What caused me to do it? Was it the thrill of the battle.... or... was it because......... I'm a dragon now? Being a dragon means I have all this new rage now, so I have to control it if I want to stay sane and not kill any more creatures, right?

"I don't know any more..... I just want to get Drew and go back home... is that too much to ask?"I said, lowering my head to my hands, laying down and closing my eyes. I started to feel a tear forming, but it stung a bit. I used one of my claws to dry my eyes, only to see that I'm not crying tears, but I'm crying blood.

I then started to think about why I was even here in the first place. It was to find Drew and see that he's safe... or was it so I could finally leave my parents and others behind? They never did watch over us, usually letting the nanny do that for them, until I was old enough to look after both myself and Drew. My dad always put business first ahead of family, while my stepmother just spend most of his money on useless things, only for herself. One of the few thing that they did right was to take us to school, although it was a public school and not the most safest for us. Those cheep pigs.

I can still remember all those kids in elementary school, asking me for money, saying it's to help their alcoholic mother or their gambling father. I actually believed I could help them with their problems, but all they did was waste it on themselves for candy or the newest game. In high school, I just ignored people's begging and pleads for financial help. They soon became threats on my life and my families with how they would tear me limb from limb and have my father burned. I didn't believe or cared at first, until a certain event happened that showed my demon side, making people stay away from me.

I was beginning to remember the nightmare, until my thoughts were interrupted again by another rustling sound, coming from where the bunny ran off.

"Bunny? Is that you?" I said, trying to bring to bunny back, hoping not to scare it again. "Listen, I'm sorry that I look terrifying and that I was thinking about eating you, but I.... HOLY SHIT!!"

I was cut off as a huge creature appeared out of the bush. It wasn't the bunny that was for sure. This was a fucking beast, with a head like a lion, and bat like wings, with a scorpion tail coming out from behind, it's height probably going up to my chest, meaning it was a big motherfucker. By the looks of it, it seems to be very hungry, and I was a sitting duck.

Shocking my body with the sudden scare, I quickly try to stand up to full height, thinking I could intimidate the beast, only to have me knock back by the beast's pounce. Apparently, me being a dragon doesn't really register into its mind. So, it must be REALLY hungry if it thinks it can take a dragon on for a meal. I had my body pinned as it was on top of me, trying to bite my neck as I was holding it back with my claws. Quick, think of some way to have this god damn thing get off.... OF COURSE!

As the idea hits me, I breathe in my breath, then unleashed my sparks onto the poor manticore's face. Roaring, it jumped off my body, and landed next to a tree, leaning on it for support as it tried to clean it's face off. With adrenaline starting to flow through my body, I took the opportunity of the beast's distraction and rammed it against the tree it was just leaning against, having both me and the beast crash right through the tree. As splinters fly everywhere, the tree itself fell, landing in the campfire that was still burning, cause the tree to catch ablaze.

As I got off the lion beast thing, I noticed that the fire was spreading fast, causing the forest to start to burn. I saw little critters coming out of their homes, running from the flames so they could survive. What made it worse was when some of the trees starting to fall due to the flames, and crashing either in front of or on top of some critters. As I watch in horror from the gruesome scene, I saw the bunny from earlier, dead under a fallen tree, with one of its ear's burning. Oh god, what did I do.

Before I could think of a way to stop the fire from spreading any more, the lion thing attacked me from behind, holding my shield arms down, so I couldn't retaliate with them. This lion thing was strong too, must be from desperation for food that's driving it to have such strength. Thankfully, I have a new limb to help me out. With my tail, I whipped the creature off of me, throwing him into another tree, hearing a satisfying *CRACK* as he landed against it.

Getting back to my feet, I look around to see that I was surrounded by fire, from all sides there were burning trees and leaves, surrounding me and the beast in a circle. "What is this? a fight to the death?" I said, as I saw the lion beast arise once again, with a burnt face from my sparks and what looked like a dislocated arm. "Well looks like I'm going to win. Come on pussy cat! I'm right here." I teased. The lion beast took the bait, lunging again, thinking it can work again after a third try.

My mind wasn't really thinking, with only the instinctive thought of "kill or be killed". So, I blocked his two claws with my shield arms, holding him down. That is, until he used his tail to strike me on my unprotected shoulder.

"GAHHHHHHH" I roared, as I felt the tail go through my scales, filling my veins with poison. With this, the manticore kicked me with its leg, having me land on my back again and clutching on my shoulder, feeling the pain spread through my system. As I try to cover most of the beast's attacks with my attached shield, I felt a sense of hopelessness.

I guess this is it..... dying by the hands of a hungry beast.

Such a shame really, I actually thought you could do better. I heard a familiar voice in my head said.

But... I got to survive this, if I want to see if Drew safe at all.

You can't. You're too weak to do anything. Can't even breathe out fire like a regular dragon, let alone beat a manticore to save your own ass. So how do you expect to protect Drew?

I'll just....

Just what? Beat the beast to death? Try to play guardian angel for your little brother? You can't your too weak.

Just shut up...

Weak little dragon can't save his own brother.

I said shut up!

No wonder Drew left you, he knew you were too weak to even protect him. That's why he would rather have ponies protect him then you.

SHUT UP I SAID!

And now your powerless to stop me from doing what I planned to do to Drew in the first place. The voice said as I felt a familiar smug grin.



"BURN IN HELL!!" I roared

using my right arm to push the manticore off of me, tossing him to my right. Now I'm fucking pissed. I will see that Drew is safe, and NOTHING WILL STAND IN MY WAY. Not even this stupid manticore!

As I slowly rise, I felt a heat coming from my hands, as well as anger pushing every fiber of my body to move, ignoring the pain of the venom and scars from the claws. I looked down at my claws to see black flames emitting from it, coming out of the scales and claws of my own hands. I look back at the manticore to see it taken aback from the sudden rage and black flames, but determined to make me it's dinner. Not in your life, you fucking cat.

For some reason, I heard a familiar tune sound off in the back ground, giving me a crazy idea with the new black flaming claws. Oh this is going to be good. I was suddenly grinning like a mad man with this idea, feeling determined to be the victor in this match and to survive.

"HERE I GO"

"This hand of mine is burning black!" I shouted at the beast, having my right hand in front of my face.

"Its loud roar tells me to grasp victory!" Feeling the flames on my hand burn with more intensity, I glared at the manticore. It seems as though it was ready to strike again with that tail of his. Fine then, bring it on.

" ERUPTING! BURNING! FINGER!!!" I yelled, as I charged at the beast, pulling back my right hand ready to attack. The manticore leaped at me, believing that the force of the leap could bring me down. What a dumbass. Using my burning left hand, I grabbed the manticores tail as it tried to strike again, singeing it. The manticore, roared out in pain, with a body part now being burnt. Simultaneously, I used my burning right hand to penetrate through the manticore's body, having it start to burn. The manticore definitely didn't like that. Raising the manticore above my head, I stared into its almost lifeless eyes, seeing it's regret to attacking something like me.

Good. Nothing will get in my way.

"AND NOW, HEAT END!!" I shouted. Before I knew it, the black flames were spreading all over the manticore's body, covering the whole body in my black flames. The manticore was now dead, with my hands still holding his tail and inside his chest.

Slowly, I slid my claws out and let go of his tail, having it fall limp on my feet, still burning with black flames. As the adrenaline started to slow down and my hands extinguishing from the fire hands, I felt the poison flowing through my body again. Clutching my right shoulder from the poison, I look around the forest area, seeing the damage that I've done.

The fire was starting to die out, with burnt trees here and there. The bunny was now just a smoldering piece of ash on the ground. The forest was starting to look darker than usual, even with small flames producing light. Oh wait, that's just me dying from the poison. Before I know it, I was on the ground now, with a familiar darkness surrounding my eyes and the pain of the poison in my body slowly killing me. Just before I lost complete conscious, however, I heard the sound of wings flapping nearby, as well as wind blowing from somewhere.
























"So much damage from such a lost youngling. Let's take you back to where you belong."