• Published 1st Jul 2012
  • 1,812 Views, 49 Comments

Strength of a Brother's Bond - Trexorb

  • ...
5
 49
 1,812

Chapter 2: A New Challenger has Arrived!

Chapter 2

Ok, so good news: I'm alive, still breathing, albeit a bit slow, but nonetheless breathing, and regaining conscious, meaning I'm still alive. Now, bad news: I'm feeling an awful lot of wind, plus a sense of falling. Wait....... falling?

I open my right eye to see, hmmm stars? Well that's quite a pretty site actually. Out of the corner of my eye, though, I see a bits of flames past me. Something's on fire? I don't think it's me cause I don't feel like I'm burning up or anything. I soon realize that I was actually moving away from the pretty little stars in the sky, and actually passed a few clouds. Wait a second here...

Stars. Clouds. Flames off the side of my vision. Sense of me falling into my doom.

Computing...

Computing.....

Computing.........

*Ding* Oh joy I really am falling.

"AGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" I screamed as the sudden realization hits me. I sealed both my eyes shut, hoping wherever I was going to land, It would be on ton's of mattresses with feathers and fluffy kittens to soften my fall. Besides, it can't really hurt that much right?

Suddenly, I landed on a nice pile of leaves and twigs.

*BOOM*

Ok, so I CRASHED and made a big boom into the earth full force from the drop. Details, details.

Let me tell you though, no matter how many times you imagine the pain, it always hurts worse than how you ever imagined it. "GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" I screamed. "STUPID MUTHERFUCKING GOD DAMN LOSEY..." MY GOD, was the pain unbearable. How I'm still awake is a matter of pure mystery to me. I could feel every single one of my bones ache, although they did feel a bit weird. Everything felt so different and a bit rearranged. Hell, it doesn't even feel like my body at all. Calming down, I try to think of what was making my body feel different. Hmmm, I wonder if I can move my hands at all.

"SON OF A MOTHER FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT-RIDDEN ..." Ok, I think that was a bad move. Let's try the eyes at least. Slowly, I opened one eye, then the other, and now noticed that I was looking straight at the sky, but from the ground now. I thought when people traveled or were teleported from different dimensions, that they didn't awake till they were at least on the ground or something, not while mid-fall. Well there goes that theory out the window. Ok let's look around. I spy with my little eye, something that is....... a snout?

I was staring at a snout, my own snout apparently, red with scales and nostrils on top. If I remember correctly, I didn't have a snout and I'm pretty sure I wasn't covered with red scales. Ok that means I changed, whether it's for better or worse. I know for a fact this isn't a dream because of all of this unbearable pain I'm feeling. By the looks of it, I really did change a bit, so it does explain why I feel so different. I wonder what else is different.

I tried lifting my head, only to have a multiple sudden stabbing pains come from my neck and head. "SHIT, NOT AGAIN." I shouted, putting my head back down. Don't want any more pain, pretty sure I had enough of that already. Right now I'm too much in pain and I can't really do anything after that fall. I can get some shut eye at least, then I'll find out what and where I am later. Afterwards, I'll find Drew, wherever he is. After thinking of a game plan, I felt a familiar darkness engulf my eyes as I fell into sleep.

What I didn't know was what was going on while I was asleep. As I was falling, I apparently grabbed some attention from some of the creatures that were nearby.

Elsewhere

One group of these creatures was a bunch of dogs, standing like a bunch of bipedal creatures, known as diamond dogs. After an unsuccessful hunt of trying to find slaves and food, they saw a 'shooting star' fall towards the earth. One of the smaller members tried wishing, hoping to find a lost pony at least, so they could capture them to please the alpha. The D-dogs then realized it was heading straight towards the ground, at such a high speed. They had no idea where exactly it was going, but decided to follow because their curiosity got the best of them.

They left the clearing and headed into the forest, hoping to see where the fallen star will land. For a moment they were lost, having no idea which way to go. Until they heard a sound of an explosion, followed by a sudden earthquake. Once the earthquake subsided, the D-dogs followed the source of the explosion.

The 5 D-dogs soon left the forest, now in a different clearing, with some of the nearby trees on fire, and a huge crater about as wide as about 45 feet, in the middle, with few fallen trees and fires around. They were wondering what could be in the crater, the leader of the group taking a step closer, only to hear a massive shout with a few strange words emit from the fiery crater. Surprised, the leader retreated a couple of step, eyes wide in fear for what was inside the crater, waiting to see what happened. After a few more colorful vocabulary words were said, there was then utter silence, with the exception of the fires that were still burning logs and grasses. After about 10 minutes of this silence, the leader then decided to finally see what was inside the crater.

Carefully taking steps towards the crater, as to not provoke whatever was inside, the leader finally reached the edge of the crater. Bending his head to look inside, he saw something that completely baffled him.

Inside the burning crater, was a big red dragon, with his body laying against the earth. This dragon had to at least be 10 feet, maybe 11 feet judging from how he was laid out. It's underbelly scales was looking silver as if made of steel, slowly rising and falling, indicating that it was asleep. It's claws were about 2 inches long and very sharp, looking like it could tear the diamond dog to shreds with just one swoop. The dragon also had something very peculiar about it, the arms of the dragon seemed to be attached to a crystal shaped shield. The shield itself was dark, if not blacker than its own underbelly scales, and was really long, with the tip starting from the tip of its claws, ending past the elbow. It's head had three horns on it's head pointing behind him, with the middle one looking like the shield as well. What was stranger was that this dragon had no wings.

"So how dragon able to fall from such height?" the pug-faced leader said, speaking out loud in his broken language. The other D-dogs were now next to the leader, wide eye and wondering what the dragon was doing in the middle of the crater and why did it those weird shield things on its arm. Soon, the youngest dog, the one who wished upon the star, said "Is.. is that a dragon?" He never really been out of the cave system, in fact this was his first hunt out.

"Yes," one of the other D-dogs said "and a sleeping dragon too. We can bring it with us to have it become our slave." The leader grinned at this idea. Think about it, a dragon, working for the diamond dogs as slaves. Such role reversal may even bring some of the other diamond dogs to revolt against the dragons that have plagued their land for so long. This would be an excellent idea indeed. Soon the dragons would be afraid of the diamond dogs, rather than the other way around. "And we shall," the leader said. "Quick, carry him, then we shall bring it back to the alpha."

The 4 D-dogs then went down the crater to try and lift the sleeping dragon... only to find out that 4 diamond dogs are not enough to lift up the whole dragon, let alone carry it back to the tunnels. This did not amuse the leader one bit. "Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr, fine. We leave for now, but we will be back with more of us to lift the scaly-beast." The leader then left, with the rest of the group following behind him, entering back into the forest towards there clan, just as the sun was arising over the tree tops.

The warm ray of light was soon washing over the forest landscape, covering it with all of its light and warmth, with only a few patches of clouds that are in the way. A particular beam of light shined directly on a sleeping dragon's face, causing him to stir and slowly wake up.

"Agh, five more minutes." I said, trying to get some more sleep. I tried moving my arm to block the sun, but it just felt so heavy and sore. Then a sudden jolt of pain from moving the arm went through my body, giving me a harsh wake up call. "GAH alright. I'm up. I'm up." I said as I slowly opened my eyes to see that it was beginning to be morning.

Slowly, I lift myself up, albeit a little bit painful, but nothing serious. I was now standing on my two feet, using the claws to help me stay steady on the ground, while my right hand was hold the side of the crater to keep me up........ wait... something seems very wrong here.... I look down, past my snout, to see that my feet were actually bigger than normal, and that they had 3 claws out on the front, with one out the back of my feet. I stared at my own feet for about 5 minutes, till it hits me like a brick.

"I HAVE FUCKING CLAWS?!?!" I shouted.

As I tried to understand what was going on, I look to my right hand very slowly, wondering what else has changed. "I have claws.... I have fucking claws...." I whispered, having my eyes locked on to the 3 clawed fingers and a thumb that were holding me up. My eyes then turned more to the black shield like thing that seemed stuck to my new scaly arm. ".... AND WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS THING?" I shouted again, trying to slowly comprehend what was going on. Then it hits me like another brick, *WHACK* only this time it was actually a rock from the top of the crater I was in. My mind was remembering everything: from the lake, to the old man, to my brother and said old man disappearing, talking to the a mysterious women, and something about going to the moon.

As I remember everything slowly, my eyes became wide and my scaly hands were on my head, trying to stop a massive headache as I realize what was going on. I was actually in the place the old man and women were talking about, "Equestria" was it? Where there are magical talking ponies and apparently dragons as well, and judging by the scales and claws, I am a dragon, does this mean I have wings too?

I turned my sore neck slowly to see my own back, to find that I didn't have any wings, just three spikes on each side, the middle spike being red, while the rest were white, and a red tail going out about 2 feet. After the claws thing, I barely seemed surprised about the tail thing as well. Wait how am I able to see my back? I then noticed that I was actually standing pretty tall too, about 11 feet, and as I stretch out my neck, I see that my neck is actually pretty longer than it was before, being able to look around 360 degrees. "This is not fucking happening." I said, looking over myself some more, trying to figure out how to move my tail.

I tried to understand why I was turned to a dragon, until I remembered the old man asking me what I would want to be. The women sent me here, so that means that they must be working together, or that she overheard our conversation. The old man and women are somehow beings that are able to transport others, to do the dirty work for them and/or probably for entertainment. Meaning that one of them had to be watching me, right?

"Hey!" I shouted towards the sky, still in the crater the size of about half a football field. "I know your there! Come out and tell me what the hell is going on?" I really hope it was the women who could tell me, and not the old man. Fucking asshole...

What I didn't expect, though, was to have a dog head pop out of the side of the crater. "Awwwwwwwwwww." I said, putting both hands underneath my now long chin. "What's a little cutey wutesy doggy like you doing in a place like this." I was using the baby voice, cause I mean come on, that dog had a pug face, which is pretty cute in my book.............. Shut up I'm weird.

The dog then did some things I thought I would never see or hear in my life time: It stood on its hind legs like a human, and then began to speak english. "The dragon is awake, take it while it's still weak." It shouted.

Before I know it, dogs starting to appear all around the edges of the crater, surrounding me. "Ok wait, there's one, two..." I started counting all the dog like things that were surrounding me, while the said dog-human things started to get restless, some growling at me while others had fear in their eyes. "... seventeen, eighteen. 18 of you, dog like abominations. I don't see this as fair at all." I pouted, putting my scaly hands on my hips. My sarcasm was getting the better of me. I always knew it would get me killed some day, just not by talking, standing dog things.

The 'cutesy-wutesy' dog then shouted "Take him now! For the Alpha!", clearly upset that I called his race an abomination. Alpha? So they have a leader and it's not this dog thing? Well, that doesn't really matter right now, focus on what's important.

Some of the dogs were now skidding down the slope of the crater, each having various weapons and armor, while the few that stayed above had bows and arrows aiming at me. Arrows were shot, so reacting on instinct to the best I can, I pulled my arms in front me, deflecting the arrows with the shield I had attached to me. "Ok, I don't know what this thing is, but I'm already loving it." I said, looking at my shield, checking for scratches. After confirming there wasn't anything, I look up to see 13 of the dogs were at the bottom of the crater with me. Oh, this is gonna be good, if I can't beat the crap out of the asshole who took my brother, might as well do it to these guys.

I took a stance, while I curled up my claws into a fist, glaring at them to make a move. They seemed intimidated at first, none of them wanting to make any sudden movements.

That is, until a few arrows shot my shoulder, not making anything bleed, but the impact was strong enough to knock me off balance and get on my hands and knees. The dogs, seeing this as an opportunity, charged at my right side, some holding their weapons above their heads, swinging them down when they were close enough. Hearing them about to swing based on my new ears, I brought my right shield arm to block off their attacks, some taking steps back from the force that was sent back to the owner. I then moved my arm in a swing, bringing two of the dogs to be hit and knocked out on the ground by my black shield. I get back up and bring my left arm to block another two arrows that were aiming for my head. I grinned at the groups of dog, making a mad dash towards them with one arm cocked back for a punch.

As I proceeded to beat the shit out of one poor dog, I was feeling a sensation of pure joy. Pure joy for beating these dogs, feeling as if it was the most adrenaline like thing I have ever done. The sensation of running and just punching or scratching or, hell, using my tail to smack someone against a wall was just a fantastic feeling. The beginning of the fight was a bit weird though, not used to moving some body parts in different directions, but I got used to it during the fight.

Before I know it, 8 of the dogs in the crater were either knocked out or bleeding to death because of my claws, and one above the crater had an arrow stuck in his chest when I threw an arrow back at him. Could have been worse, could have shot him in the knee.

With the 5 remaining solider dogs on the ground and 4 archers remaining up top, I decided to just try and let them leave, spare the remaining lives. They didn't deserve to die, they just wanted to capture me, following orders from the 'alpha' as it were, and they just pissed me off is all. Don't want any more blood on my new scales right?

With the thrill of the fight slowing down, I point to the group of dogs that were talking to each other, trying to plan something. "Hey," I yelled at them, gaining their attention. "I'm giving you one last chance, leave me alone for good and never bother me again, and you and your unconscious friends here get to live another day." Surprised, the group talked to each other, with me overhearing a few things like "dragon", "alpha", "scary", and "oatmeal", although I have no idea what the last one had to do with anything. It also seems like the archers were gathering to do the same, probably talking to the pug face dog giving the orders. The dogs in the crater with me then said "We accept dragon. But what is your name?"

I thought about it for a bit. I could use my real name, William Donald, but that would just get boring, plus I need to think of something that will make these guy fear my name, so they won't come near again. Hmmmm what's a cool dragon name? After a minute of me thinking, I finally decided on one.

"My name is Komodo." I said with a hint of pride of my new name. "Now get lost." Komodo sounds pretty cool, right? Like the komodo dragon back on earth?"

"Thank you, Komodo." I heard a dog said. "Be warned though. Other clans will not stop to attack a dragon like you. The other diamond dogs will try and prove dominance. Komodo has been warned." So these guess call themselves 'diamond dogs'? Heh, better than 'abominations' I guess. Thinking about it, I'm probably more of an abomination then they are.

"Yah, yah. Just get out of here before I change my mind about killing you." I said, still having my claws on my face. The dogs then dug underneath them, disappearing into the earth. Huh, didn't know they could do that. Probably would've been smart to start off with a sneak attack like that then just go on guns blazing. I can see why I easily beat their asses, they're not the most intellectual types, especially judging by their speech. I looked around the bodies that have been left, a few unconscious, and 3 dead from bleeding out.

Suddenly, under the unconscious ones, I see holes being dug underneath them, then seeing the bodies dropped into it, soon having the hole filled up from the inside. Good, at least they're smart enough to cover the holes they make, thank god they're not THAT dumb. Hopefully, I won't have to face anymore troubles when I'm finding Drew.

I look up towards the crater edge to see the archer's leaving, and dragging something with them. My guess It's the dog with the arrow in its chest. Eh, It's only a flesh wound, no big deal.

The pug face one looks at me, giving me a glare, then snarling as he turned to leave. This dog doesn't like to be called cute. I'll remember that. I look around, examining the mess that I made. There was a few blood spatters on the rocks, some fires as well from when I crashed here, and apparently, the dogs left the 3 bodies here. Probably finding no use to them. Good, that means I can get some free stuff.

With me telling myself that this is my reward for staying alive and not looting the dead, I retrieved all I could from the 3 dead dogs. There was pouches full of some coins, which I presumed to believe are the currency of this world, 2 broken spears and a steel sword, and 2 bags full of shiny gems. For some reason, looking at the gems just made my stomach rumble. I guess I'm hungry. Weird, I didn't feel hungry when I was fighting. Must be the after effects of the battle, probably also explains why I'm not feeling as sore as when I landed.

While examining the loot, I decided to take some of the clothes and armor as well. Well, the ones that would fit a dragon. I started off looking at some of the armor plates they were wearing, bringing it up to my chest, I sighed. "I always have trouble finding the right size." I joked to myself, throwing the chest plate over my shoulder. This is gonna take awhile.


Afterwards, All I gained was steel armor for my left shoulder, seeing as the right one from the dog was broken, Some currency, gems and a map, Which are being held by an adjustable belt, and a bandana, which I decided to tie around my long neck, having it fall to the base. The bandana was yellow, with splotches of red from the blood, sort of giving me a good look to it. "Well don't I look smashing." I said with a fake british accent to no one in particular. Reminding myself that I was alone and that I had a mission to do, I walked up the slope, out of the crater. By the looks of things, I must've landed in a middle of a forest, which one, I had no clue.

"The map can't really help me cause I don't know any real land marks other than tree, tree, rock, and tree." I joked. I talk to myself a lot when I'm lonely, makes me feel as if someone was actually there. Sighing, I looked up to the sun. "If the sun works like it does back home, north should be that way." I said, pointing towards where I believed to be north. With nothing else to do here at the crater, I began my journey towards finding my brother and hopefully beating the crap out of that old man when I see him again.