• Published 1st Jul 2012
  • 1,812 Views, 49 Comments

Strength of a Brother's Bond - Trexorb

  • ...
5
 49
 1,812

Chapter 1: Rude Greetings

Chapter 1

Ah, the lake. Such a soothing place. It's no wonder why our parent's picked this place as our 2nd home. The view is just breath-taking. You can even see the gorgeous mountains in the back, with little white blankets of snow on top of the peaks. There is also a forest near the lake, with trees going off into the mountains and surrounding the lake on the right side. There were barely any clouds at all, and the grassy fields next to the Lake feel like their tickling your bare feet. With the sun's heat beating down on me, I would have been running towards that Big bright lake in my new swimming trunks.

"I said no."

Well I would have if I wasn't interrupted midrun to it by a scrawny elderly man. He was wearing a colorful coat covering his 6 foot body, crazy during the middle of a hot day like this. He had black hair, but had a white moustache and white eyebrows. What was weird was the shoes and socks he was wearing that were mismatched and that he had one canine tooth and yellow eyes.

"Are you sure?" said the strange looking man. "It could be a whole lot of fun. You can even be whatever you want when you're there."

"What part of 'no' didn't you understand?" I stated. This was getting ridiculous. This guy comes out of nowhere, offering to take us to some "Equestria" as he calls it, just for free. This guy obliviously is either mentally crazy or on some doped up drugs. I'm leaning more on the drug's idea.

"Well, the kid seems to want to go." says the stranger.

I look down to my right to see my brother's blue eyes pleading for me to accept the ludicrous offer.

"Can we please go to Equestria, Will?" Drew said with an expression of pure happiness. Drew's my little brother, my only sibling for that matter, and the only member of my family that still wants to talk to me. It's usually just us, so we look out for each other. I protect him from harm like a big brother should, although we do mess around alot with each other. Even get on each other's nerves too, but what sibling doesn't?

"It's like, every bronies dream to go there and meet the characters! The guy even said that he could take us both, so we won't have much to lose! I can even be a pegasus. Oh, think of the fun I could have with Pinkie Pie....." Oh god there he goes on rambling about the idea of being a pony again.

First, let me just state that I don't hate bronies. In fact I like the whole idea of "love and tolerate", as Drew says. It could probably bring less hate in the world. It's just how Drew reacts to it is what kinda sets me on the edge every time I hear the word 'ponies' come out of his mouth. He goes on and on about how he one days wishes to be a pony and tries to imagine himself in it and what he would do while at this "Equestria". Some people may see that as just a kid with an hyper imagination, I see it as an addiction that just needs to be taken down a bit. It does explain why he's a bit eager to go and take up on this man's insane offer.

Drew always tries to show me the TV show, My little pony: Friendship is Magic, but I was usually busy or just plain tired every time he tries. Heck, this was one of the few free times in a week we had to spend with each other before I had to go, and this weirdo just had to go ahead and ruin "brother bonding time" as my parents would say. Not that they know what the word "bonding" even means.

"Why would you even want to go somewhere else? We got all kinds of stuff at home. Hell more stuff than most people in this world. We're the lucky ones in life, and you want to go and just throw that away?" I said to Drew, with my voice raising a bit.

"No, but I want to go so I can actually have friends. Not people who want to hang around with us just because we have tons of money." Drew said depressingly. "In Equestria, the ponies are friendly with everone, no matter if your rich or poor." Drew may be only twelve, but as far as he tells me, he has had people ignore him and leave him alone with no one around. That is until he reveals that we have rich parents, then people want to suddenly be 'friends' with him. As far as I know, Drew has no real friends, so I can see why he would want to leave them.

"Awww," the stranger said bending down to Drew's level. "Is the kid gonna cry cause he's lonely? You should definitely leave this world then. Not much you can do in this one anyways, but in Equestria, you can do some much," the stranger rose back up. "for me." He coughed.

"He's not lonely. He's got me," I said, glaring back at the stranger, moving my right hand in front of my brother. "and your starting to piss me off."

"Hey now, hot-shot, no need to get defensive." He said, putting both hands up. " Just stating fact is all. Besides, I know what the kid wants, but what do you want to be when, I mean, IF you decide to go to Equestria?"

"Are you serious?" I said, still glaring at him. This guy really doesn't get the hint to leave does he. Maybe if I tell him, he can finally leave this meadow. Sun is seriously getting hot, and that lake is looking oh so enjoyable right now.

"Fine then," Hmmm now that I think about it, if I did go to another world, would I really want to be a pony? He did say anything. Maybe a...

"If, AND I SAID IF, I did happen to magically appear in this Equestria," I said, moving my hands mystically when I said magically. "I wouldn't be a pony. No I would be something bigger and stronger than a pony. I'd be a BIG FREAKING DRAGON, With razor sharp teeth and claws, with scales to protect me from most harm. Hell, I don't even need to have wings, I can just run or jump high."

"Hmmmm, a dragon, how original." the old man said lamely. "Well, what else would you want that would make you unique from the others than?"

Unique? Others? Ok this guy is taking things WAY to seriously. I honestly thought he would leave after I just told him what I would be. Can't this guy just take the stupid answer and leave?

"I don't know. I'll have rocks on my arms or fire hands or something." I replied.

"Hmmmmm, well I guess that's ok. Still could use a bit more creativity if you ask me." the stranger said "I could do something like that, but is that really all you want from me?"

Now he's doubting my creativity. I'm really starting to get pissed with this guy.

"You want to honestly know what I want from you?" I said through my gritted teeth.

"Oh yes." He said with a that smug face of his. That smug look was the last straw.

"TO GET YOU THE FUCK OUT!" I yelled, walking up to his face. "NOW LEAVE US OR I'LL REPORT YOU TO THE AUTHORITIES, OR EVEN WORSE, I'LL DEAL WITH YOU MYSELF!" I pointed behind him to have him leave. I could feel the steam come out of my face just by how angry I was. He seemed a bit shock at my sudden outburst.

I turned, hoping this junkie would actually leave, and walked back to my brother. He had his hand on his chin, while his eyes were staring at the grass in front of him. He seemed to be contemplating about something, so I tried to listen in on what he was trying to say.

"A dragon would be pretty cool, I've seen some in the show as well. They're pretty mean though, kinda tall too. Well, except for Spike, he's the nicer one and pretty short. Who knows, maybe not all dragons are mean. Then again..." Drew was apparently talking to himself again.

Great. I actually choose a creature that was in My Little Pony. Isn't it meant for little girls? What would a dragon be doing in a show like that, how do dragons fit in with little ponies? Is there any other mystical creature other than ponies and dragons in it as well? Now it's definitely sounding like a more interesting show. Maybe I'll watch one episode or two with Drew after a fresh dip in the lake.

"Well, if that is what you want, then I shall do as you request." I heard the stranger said behind me.

Finally, this guy was leaving and good timing too, the sun is really getting unbearable. Oh lake, soon I'll be swimming all over you, and you shall be mine. All mine for the taking!

Before I could do anything, however, the stranger took me by surprise, grabbing the back of my throat. Damn, did this guy have a strong arm. My brother broke from his thinking to see me being lifted from the back, choking from the stranger's left hand. His eyes got wide, and without a moment's hesitation, he ran up to the man. "Let go of him you meanie pants!" he yelled while running towards the stranger. "Or you're going to regret it!" Meanie pants? Really?

"Really? Meanie pants? How old are you?" the asshole said. Hey, no one insults my brother expect for me!

Drew couldn't even bring the first punch before the stranger picked him up with his other hand, by his head, lifting him up to my level. Now, I can understand how he picks up Drew, he's just 4'10, pretty small for his age, and barely weighing anything, but keeping me up, a 5'11 215 pound teen, with just one scrawny arm? Hell, if anyone else tried to tell me the exact same story, I would think they were as crazy as this fucker was. What kind of drugs was this guy taking to have such strength?

He then attempted to throw me to a tree close by. *SMACK* umm, SUCCEDDED is more like the right word.

"FUCK" I said. I was rubbing the top of my head when I felt a familiar wet mark on it. "Well shit." I look from where I was thrown to find myself watching a horror scene.

With my brother being held by both of the fucker's hands, he looked towards the lake and grinned. Before I knew it, he threw my brother into the middle of the lake, with Drew screaming from the sudden launch. I then saw my brother submerged into the middle of said lake then disappearing. I got up as quick as I could and ran for him, ignoring the prick's laughter as I swam towards the middle of the lake. I swam with all my might while calling Drew's name, hoping he would respond. What scared me shitless was when there was no air bubbles coming up from the lake. I could see a faint glow come from the bottom of the lake, but when I tried to see what it was, the light disappeared. Diving down to the bottom more than a couple of times, I couldn't find Drew's body or any sign of the light. Looking back at the shore, I see the stranger starting to leave. Like hell I'll let that happen now.

Swimming back to shore, I ran pretty fast towards the stranger, tackling him to the ground, with me pinning his arms, and my soaking body on top of his. I'm not one for violence usually, more as a guy who just barks, and doesn't bite, but when my brother gets hurt or is in danger, then I get pissed, and when I get pissed, I get physical.

"WHERE IS HE YOU FUCKER?" I yelled at the strangers face. "TELL ME WHERE DREW IS NOW BEFORE I BEAT YOUR FACE UP SO BAD, YOUR OWN MOMMA WOULDN'T BE ABLE TO TELL IF YOUR HER SON OR NOT."

"My, my. Temper, temper. I told you earlier about my offer. He accepted, and you didn't. So I took the liberty of taking him to Equestria, doing as he requested, and me leaving, doing as YOU requested. Now please get off me, you ape, or else." He said while glaring back.

"BRING HIM BACK! BRING HIM FUCKING BACK RIGHT NOW!" I continued, a few spits landing on his face. Soon I felt a shift in his body, then before I knew it, I was off of him and on my back looking up at him, as he stood towering over me.

"I can't bring him back, silly human." the stranger said, looking at his nail nonchalantly. "He already decided on his own will to be there, and by the sound of it, he seems he would rather want to stay there than here. Not much I can do to bring him back. Sorry." He then turned and continued to leave. I thought about it for a few seconds, then decided something really stupid and crazy.

I'll have to follow my brother and this guy was my only ticket to get to him.

"WAIT." I exclaimed, getting up, with my hand motioning for him to stop.

He stopped his walk and turned his head to look at me, with his back still facing me. "Yeeessssss?" he said like he was innocent.

"If you can't bring him, then take me to him," I said, gulping for fear of what this fucker would do. "I want to know if he'll be safe for sure."

He put a finger and a thumb on his moustache and began stroking it, apparently thinking if he should accept. I slowly walked up to him, still feeling a pain on the top of my head that was really killing me. He probably isn't going to accept, but I need to try right?

"No" the stranger said .

"What? Why the hell not?" I shouted. So much for trying.

"Because, you already denied my request, and I don't really give second chances, especially to those who tackle me to the ground and spit all over my face. Now, I really must get going. Chaos to bring and what not." the stranger said, entering into the forest.

"Come back here!" I shouted after him. I started to run towards the stranger, seeing him turning right on the first tree. As soon as I turned right myself, he was gone. I stood there in disbelief on what just happened, then tried to replay everything in my head. Stranger walks in out of nowhere and offers a deal. Brother gladly accepts, but I deny, finding it to be really stupid. Stanger then starts to get me mad and I yell at him, turning my back towards him. Then, he grabs me and throws me to a tree while he throws my brother into the middle of the lake, having Drew suddenly disappears. I chase after stranger only to have him disappear as well. Right... Well fuck what do I do now.

"FUCK!" I screamed as I hit the closest tree with my right hand, leaving a bruised mark on my hand. It started to burn, but I didn't care, I needed to get back at this asshole and find my brother. I started walking back, looking at the ground as I thought of a plan to get to Drew. Realizing I couldn't really do much, I sigh, looking up to see... a women in a bikini sunbathing near the lake? What is up with people coming out of nowhere?

"Hey lady," I said towards the mysterious women. "This is private property, and as much as I love to see a women sunbathing in my backyard, I need to ask you to leave." I already had enough problems for one fucking day.

The women just stayed silent as she wore her sunglasses, looking almost directly into the sun. How do people do that? Staring at the sun just makes me blind, even with sunglasses. I was now standing right above here, in the way of the sun, hoping she would leave. She did have something interesting about her: Her hair had multiple colors in it as well as it moving all on its own, even thought there was no wind at the moment.

"Hey, didn't you hear me? I'm asking you politely to leave now." I said, raising my voice hoping she would hear me the second time.

"I can help you see him again, you know?" The woman finally said. Her voice was really calming yet at had an authority like voice. Wait, see him again? Did she know what happened here?

"What do you mean by that?" I said trying to see if she knows more about what happened earlier.

"I mean that I can take you to Equestria as well, and you can find your little brother." She said as she started to get up. "I can't, however, take you directly to him, for I don't know exactly where in Equestria he was sent. So that would be your job to do so." Is she seriously going to be like the stranger from earlier? She did say that she could take me to the same world as Drew to help me find him, at least, so she can't be all that bad. Right?

"Ok, fine then. Please.....Take me to him. I need to see if he's safe at least." I said to the now standing women. She was a bit taller than me, looking straight into my eyes through those sunglasses, feeling as if she was looking into my very soul. I guess she was trying to see if I was being sincere or not about finding Drew. In all honesty, I was, but a part of me just wanted to get back at the asshole who basically stole my brother from me.

She then smiled and said, "Ok, close your eyes and I'll take you to Equestria. I do hope you find your brother and please don't do anything to hurt my little ponies."

Her little ponies? Am I really going through with this? Might as well listen to her, I don't really have much to lose now, do I. So I closed my eyes shut and hoped that whatever she was going to do, she would do it quick. "Also, one quick question," I heard the women said

"Do you like, hmmmmmmmm, bananas?" What kind of question is that? Better hurry and answer just to hurry this up.

"Um.... yes?" I said with my eyes still closed. Before I know it, I feel like I'm being flung straight towards the sky, unable to open my eyes due to the velocity of how fast I was going. I was starting to lose feeling in my feet, then my waist and body, and soon I couldn't feel anything at all. I was losing conscious, but before I did, I heard the women say something. Something that I feel was of importance, but I couldn't understand at the time.








"TO THE MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON!"





This is a really fucked up day.