• Published 24th May 2016
  • 2,807 Views, 72 Comments

Rainbow Rocks: Friendship Makes Magic - ImNoPony



Set in an alternate universe, Human Twilight protects her school from the Dazzlings

  • ...
8
 72
 2,807

Chapter 3- Making Some Changes

After Celestia's awkward speech, the bands went back and continue the stuff that they are working on before. But outside the gym, the new transfer students were looking in and one was thinking of something dreadful. Adagio looks at Aria and Sonata and says to them: "Ok, are you two ready?"

However, Aria crossed her arms and negatively replied: "No. Remind me again why we're doing here?"

"Yeah, I totally forgot to" Sonata added, which somehow earned an angry look from Aria.

After Adagio face-palmed herself, she calmed herself down and explains to them: "We go in there, use our enchanting voices to get them all angry and then bend them to our will."

But as soon as Adagio finished explaining, Aria says back to her: "What!? That's like what we do in every other place we've been to! We didn't have to enroll as students to do that."

"Not quite" Adagio added. "Unlike any other place we been to, this school has something that we have been looking for. Something that would regain all of our lost power and free us from this accused dimension." After giving Aria and Sonata a menacing look, but they looked just as confused as before. After facepalming one more time: Adagio yells to them: "This Place Got Equestian Magic!"

At that moment, both Aria's and Sonata's as they slowly realize how serious this thing is. They gave one shared look to one another before they reluctantly decide to take Adagio's lead.

_ _ _ _ _

A few moments later, the students were still busy at work with posters and other stuff. And as this was happening, the Crusaders were having a conversation.

"... But as soon as we got there, Diamond Tiara told us we can't join the party because we weren't "popular" enough yet" Sweetie Belle angrily exclaimed.

Apple Bloom then reiterates: "So we're not popular enough to be at her stupid party, but the only way for us to be popular is to be in it!?"

Scootaloo then adds: "I swear, if Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon was just little bit worse, they'd be as bad as Sunset Shimm... " However, before she could finish, she saw Sunset sitting across from here and remembered that they were talking with here. Feeling greatly embarrassed, Scootaloo apologetically finished what she was speaking and said instead: "Um... No offence?"

Sunset, despite being shocked about what she was about to say, remained calm and understand that it was a slip of the toung. "It's alright girls" she said to them. "If Diamond Tiara ever does become as bad as me, just get your sisters to blast rainbow magic at her and wait until she calms down." Amused and amazed that she sort of made fun of herself, all of the Crusaders began to burst out laughing.

But then, as Sunset was proud of herself that she caused them all to laugh, she suddenly heard the doors being slammed open. When she looked to see who it was, she was surprise to see that it was Adagio, Aria and Sonata as they strut their way in. It caused such a commotion that it grabbed nearly everyone's attention in the room. Sunset was about to run up and great, but she saw a dark and arrogant look in their face that made her hesitant to speak to them.

As everyone looked confused to see these new students that they never seen before, Celestia quickly came up and introduce them. "Ah! Everyone, these are new students that will be joining CHS. They are... "

"That will be enough Principal Celestia" says Adagio as she interrupts Celestia, causing everyone to be bewildered. She then say to everyone: "We heard that you are having a musical event going on here and thought we would like to join!"

At first, the students didn't really cared what they think and thought that she didn't have to loud announced that. But then Aria said something else.

"I don't know Adagio. None of these groups look like they could even close to beating us."

Every student in the room was shocked. They couldn't believe that she said something so mean-spirited and sounding like she was trying to provoke them. Trying to keep his cool, Flash yell out to them: "Hey! This Isn't A Contest! There Is No Reason To Trash-Talk!"

Pretending to be surprised, Adagio responded: "Really! But what so wrong with a little competition?"

Let's Have A Battle (Of The Band)

And then, as the groups were about to ignore them, Adagio, Aria and Sonata suddenly began to sing. At first, they were just making soothing sounds, grabbing everyone's attention and wondering what they were doing. Twilight, Sunset and the rest of their friends began to feel unnerved by all of this as they somehow sensing something wrong, but no one else was feeling the same way as them. And then the girls started to sing their lyrics.

"We heard you want to get together
We heard you want to rock this school
We've thought of something that is better
Something that changes all the rules"

"Why pretend we're all the same
When some of us shine brighter?"

While Sunset and the others were left confused by what was happening, they quickly spot that everybody else was sort of entranced. Their eyes wasn't looking away as their gaze fixated on the girl's performance. And then the moment got a little bit more darker.

"Me and you, you and me
Why don't we see who is better?
We don't have to be one and the same thing
Oh, what's so wrong with a little competition?
Are you afraid of failing the audition?"

And then suddenly, the crowd slowly began to get riled up. It wasn't like they were cheering for them or anything and more like they were accepting what they are singing: they want to have a "battle". Sunset, Twilight and their friends looked around in horror as they saw friendship and kindness was slowly being sapped from the room and being replaced by un-wanting competiveness and anger.

Sunset just looks on in horror, disbelieving to the stuff that are happening before her. But while she was frozen, she suddenly heard somebody hissing towards. She found that it was Twilight as she saw her and their friends were quietly leaving the gym without anybody else noticing. Seeing what they were doing, Sunset grab Sweetie Belle, Apple Bloom and Scootaloo and tells them: "Come on girls. we're getting out of her." She then pull the half daze Crusaders out of the gym before the song could finish.

"Lets Have A Battle!" the crowd sang as they sing along with siren-like singers.
"We wanna win it!
Let's have a battle, battle of the bands
Let's have a battle, we'll go all in it
Let's have a battle, battle, battle
Battle of the bands!"

Once all of them were out of the gym, Twilight had one more look inside. She was hoping that the principals would calm down the riot. But unfortunately, they too were entranced by the song as Celestia shot up her hands and loudly announce: "Ok, We've Changed Our Minds! We Will Have A Competition After All!" Upon that declaration, everyone began to cheer wildly, sounding excited for the sudden change and were eager to have musical warfare against one another. And in the center of all of it, Adagio had devilish smirk across her face as she "feeds" in all the anger that she and her sisters had made.

_ _ _ _ _

Once they all were out and away from the gym, the Rainbooms said their farewells to their younger sisters as they want to go their separate ways. As they were walking about and try to clear their heads, they notice that the negative mood from the gym had spread out and seeping into the halls. The students was no longer warm to each other as an un-controlling passion was telling them to be hostile to one another. Seeing the unfriendly atmosphere, Sunset tells her friends that those girls in the gyms were the same ones that she met earlier.

"WHAT! Why Didn't You Tell Us That They Can Do That!?" Rainbow Dash yells out in frustration

"Hey! I'm As Confused As You Are Rainbow Dash" Sunset yells back.

Trying to defuse the tension, Applejack got in between Rainbow and Sunset and says to them: "Cool It Folks! It isn't like they could have a reason for them to sing to Sunset in the halls."

As Rainbow Dash was sulking a bit, Rarity try to cheerfully say to her: "Well on a brighter note; at least you get that competition that you wanted?"

Rainbow was appreciative towards Rarity for trying to cheer her up, but she reply to her: "Eh... sort of, but this isn't the kind of competition that I wanted. I wanted one where I can show off and have fun. Not this!"

Rainbow then point her hand off to the distance. There, they saw two boys that had bumbed into each other. One boy had glasses and look very "nirdish" while the other boy was taller and has a tornado on his t-shirt. "Watch Where You Going Point-Dexter!" yelled the tall boy. "Same To You Air-Head!" yelled the smaller boy in responce.

When the two boys angrilly walk away from each other, Twilight was distraught to what she had just seen. Not only was she sad since she could recall those two boys use to be good friends after the Fall Formal, but also because it gave her a flash back to her old school. "This wasn't the school that I wanted to transfer to" Twilight sadly remarks.

Seeing Twilight getting upset, everyone was getting frustrated as they couldn't understand what was happening. When Fluttershy suggests: "Why not convince the principals to turn it back into a showcase?", Sunset quickly responds: "After being hypnotize by those girls, it's unlikely that they will listen to us."

Applejack then thought out loud to everyone: "And speaking of which, can any one understands how those three girls could get everybody in the school to be under their spell?"

Pinkie then comments: "Yeah, It's kind of like magic!"

But then, after having a tiny realization, Sunset says to all of them: "Actually, I think it really was magic."

Everyone then turns to her and yell out what "WHAT!"

Trying to find the right words to use, Sunset lean herself against a locker and explains to them: "Call it an unicorn's intuition, but I just felt some sort of dark magic emanating off of them as they sing."

Everyone was slightly confused by the phrase: "Unicorn's Intuition", but they could understand what she meant. However, before Sunset could continue speaking, a random girl shown up and yell at her. "Hey! You are blocking me from my locker!" she yelled.

"Oh! Sorry" Sunset quickly apologizes as she gets out of the way.

"Whatever" the girl rudely reply as she get her stuff from her locker.

When the girl left them, Sunset points towards the girl and says to her friends: "See! Whatever those girls did, they somehow hypnotize the student body and got them do what they want."

As the rest of them were thinking about what Sunset said, Pinkie suddenly thought out loud: "Yeah, kind of like those creatures from history class?"

"What!?" ask Sunset, confused by her sudden comment.

As everyone's eyes were on Pinkie, she explains to them: "You know, those things in Greek mythology? Those things by the water that also have hypnotizing voices?" Pinkie then began to snap her fingers, struggling to remember the proper name.

"Do you mean sirens?" Fluttershy ask, seeing that she was struggling.

"Yeah! That's It!" Pinkie responded.

But then, as everyone was giving Pinkie a skeptical look, something suddenly clicked inside Sunset's head. She could vaguely recall hearing that name before but couldn't remember when. And then, as she was thinking, she spotted Adagio, Aria and Sonata walking down in the other end of the hall. When she saw them, Sunset came up with a plan but know it would be quite dangerous. As everyone was discussing Pinkie's suggestive theory, Sunset grab their attention and tells them: "Hey, I think I want go and investigate this by myself. Could we meet up later and discuss what we found?"

Surprised by Sunset's sudden request, Twilight hesitant reply: "Um... Sure Sunset? We can meet up later."

"Thanks Twilight" Sunset replied before she walk off.

As she was walking away, Rainbow Dash ask out loud to everyone: "Wonder where she's going?"

Fluttershy suggests: "Maybe she's going to the Library?"

"Yeah, and there's totally a book in this world that can fix this" Rainbow sarcastically remarks.

But then, at that moment, Twilight suddenly remembers something that caused her to snap her fingers. Surprised by the sudden reaction, they all look at Twilight as she tells them: "Actually, it might not be from this world, but I do know one that can help." Her friends became confused, but was confident enough to follow her.

Author's Note:

Oh Boy! Sorry you guys for taking this long to update this story. Service to say, a lot of stop happened that got me to be distracted.

When I started this chapter, I wasn't so sure where I was going to end it. I won't say that that I had solved this problem, but I'm happy enough to leave it here.

I'm quite glad that I moved the Dazzling song to that scene in the gym. I obviously can't keep things too close to the movie, or else I would be coping it. When I think of any other scene that has most of the student body, I thought that would be a good place.

Also, I try to make extra sure that the Crusaders didn't stay to hear the whole song. I could explain why, but I'm saving the surprise for a later chapter.

I won't promise that I'm making these more frequently, but I'll try to work on this more often. All you have to do is just point out any spelling or grammar mistakes so I can fix them.